RTS - RealTime Strategy Demo

Community Forums/Showcase/RTS - RealTime Strategy Demo

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2003) [#1]
This is a realtime strategy game that I am working on:

Here is the demo at the Blitz Showcase

This is just a demo to show you the basics. The full game is coming along nicely.

Comments are appreciated

BTW it has curretly no name, anyone?

GfK(Posted 2003) [#2]
Very nice. I like. It'd be easier to control if you could just click on stuff to select it though, instead of having to drag out a box every time.

Is that a normal Blitz terrain or a mesh?

fredborg(Posted 2003) [#3]
Nice, took a while to figure out there were no enemies :) A few improvements:

1: If I build multiple new units at once, and don't move them, they are all camped on top of each other. The box selection makes it impossible to select just one of these unit.

2: When dragging the box selection, the starting corner should stay fixed and not move when scrolling.

Fredborg

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2003) [#4]

It'd be easier to control if you could just click on stuff to select it though, instead of having to drag out a box every time.

Yes I know, this will also be fixed in the future, I didnīt bother to add it just yet :)

Is that a normal Blitz terrain or a mesh?

It is a mesh, that follows the camera, modifing it accordingly.

1: If I build multiple new units at once, and don't move them, they are all camped on top of each other. The box selection makes it impossible to select just one of these unit.

Yes this is a problem, the building should command the units standing in the way, to move out of the way!

When dragging the box selection, the starting corner should stay fixed and not move when scrolling.

Yes I agree, but then you shouldnīt be allowed to rotate the view while dragging.

Yeah there are no enemies yet, AI is still to come :)

BTW most of the graphics are temporary.

Glad you liked it.

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2003) [#5]
Does anyone have a suggestion for a name?

Bolo_Loco(Posted 2003) [#6]
Are there some details about the story ?