Just created a space ship

Community Forums/Showcase/Just created a space ship

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#1]
Just a space ship... not sure what to do with it yet!

Created in Milkshape, textured with Lithunwrap, rendered in blitz with a reflection map.

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#2]
Excellent!, I love the metal gloss finish... very vivid..

Magitta(Posted 2003) [#3]
Looks very nice!!

Foppy(Posted 2003) [#4]
Nice. Why not use this in a 3D shoot 'em up? Like R-Type, Armalyte, Katakis, X-Out, Xenon, Swiv, Silkworm, Raiden etc but in full 3d. So, a bit like Axelay on the Super Nintendo, or Star Wing (Star Fox). Just and idea! ;) (Oh, forgot to mention Platypus!)

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#5]
Thanks for the positive comments guys.

Foppy, just before I read your post I'd started to think Uridium.

Agamer(Posted 2003) [#6]
Wow wow wow In milkshape woww wow uhumm i mean nice model good job

semar(Posted 2003) [#7]
rendered in blitz with a reflection map

Hi Dr Av,
could you (or any other) please explain this technique, and what does it make ? Any source sample ?

Thanks,
Sergio.

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#8]
Dead simple
fighter_mesh=LoadMesh("models/fighter.b3d")
env=LoadTexture("graphics/enviromap.png",65)
EntityTexture fighter_mesh,env,0,1

That's it.

You need a image to use at the relection map, check out the head demo and teapot demo from the CD.

semar(Posted 2003) [#9]
@Dr Av,
loads of thanks.

Nice spaceship BTW.

:)

Sergio.

Grisu(Posted 2003) [#10]
Uridium... good old memories come back...

Can I be beta tester? :)

Uhfgood(Posted 2003) [#11]
I'm kind of curious, i'm not in 3D, so I would have no clue what it is, but what does it mean to "unwrap" as it applies to texturing?

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#12]
Unwrapping is when you take for example a cube and flatten it out so you can see all the 6 faces so you can paint them. Obviously it's a bit more complex when you're dealing with around 1000 faces.

The image on the left is before texturing, on the right after texturing. It takes a hell of a long time to get all the faces in the right places to make it easy to paint too. On top of this you can place faces on top of other faces so when you paint it you're painting 2 faces at the same time, this is handy for symetrical stuff, for example the wings and the sides, both sides and both wings are sat on top of one another so both are painted by the same bit (if that makes sense)

nibby(Posted 2003) [#13]
hiya.
dunno if youve thought of doing this but when i found it in a tutorial it saved me alot of hassel.

nibby(Posted 2003) [#14]
hiya.
dunno if youve thought of doing this but when i found it in a tutorial it saved me alot of hassel.

Instead of trying to lay symetrical parts ontop of each other (which can be a little arkward sometimes)i delete one of the symetrical parts , then after texturing mirror that part and reattach it to the main mesh.

just a tip. hope it helps someone ;0)

Nibby