TOTAL TERRAIN 2 - v0.29 - screens and new download - now featuring BlitzUI

Community Forums/Showcase/TOTAL TERRAIN 2 - v0.29 - screens and new download - now featuring BlitzUI

mrtricks(Posted 2003) [#1]
Head over to TT2 @ Blitz Showcase for the latest download, v0.29. (690Kb) And click here and here for screenshots.

The whole thing is now administered by Chris Fuller's BlitzUI and is looking rather nice.

Also, I've added the Crag tool from TT1 and partnered it with a SMOOTH tool, which several people asked me to incorporate. And, there is now a SeaMap texture which indicated which points are below sea level (looks a bit basic at present, needs to be worked on). The reason I did this instead of using a plane to indicate sea level is that I was getting horrendous tearing from that method which looked awful.

Please let me have some feedback about this: When all the trimmings are in, including multi-level undo, perlin noise if I can figure it out and many others, I think this could be a good contender.

SSS(Posted 2003) [#2]
that is REALLY good, it works really well and is awsome :D

SSS(Posted 2003) [#3]

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#4]
Yeah, nice work.

sswift(Posted 2003) [#5]

dynaman(Posted 2003) [#6]
This is some incredible work. very very nice.

Moses(Posted 2003) [#7]
Freaking Cool man... wish there was a save.. didn't notice that till i was done ;)

semar(Posted 2003) [#8]
Very nice indeed, congrats !

A thing, would be nice a preview of the (so far) generated terrain.

Great job,
Sergio.

mrtricks(Posted 2003) [#9]
Preview? As in the heightmap? Or as in the 3D terrain? If the latter, it's what's on the screen in front of you! If the former, that's easy enough...

Working on the Save/Load/Export and file selector now. By the way, the native file format is bmp, BUT! It uses ALL 3 RGB channels rather than being greyscale. Why? Because a greyscale heightmap has 256 possible heights. A full colour heightmap, while not looking pretty in itself, generates 256x256x256 possible heights; that's 16.7 million - a lot more accurate. It's easy enough to write a function to replace LoadTerrain() and TT will generate that at the click of a button. It'll also export to traditional greyscale heightmap for the purists.

@Moses - sorry! But I did put in the readme that the save wasn't there yet :)

@ sswift - are you and SSS the same man? Or did you just like what he wrote? ;)