Rocket Baords - I've finished the last track... hoorah :)

Community Forums/Showcase/Rocket Baords - I've finished the last track... hoorah :)

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#1]
I have finally completed work on all the Rocket Boards tracks. I may tidy up a few bits but they are basically done. All that is left to do is the sound effects. Then I can start work on the demo version... :(

Heres the latest screenshots.

Full sizes screens can be seen on my website (http://www.binarymoon.co.uk)

I am now looking for ideas for cheats. I only want very simple things that don't actually affect the gameplay but make the game look different. For example you can turn on wireframe rendering, or change the fog so its really dense making it hard to see where you're going.

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#2]
Congratulations. How about big heads?

BlitzSupport(Posted 2003) [#3]
Easy one: different particle exhaust effects: rainbow shards, smoke (with occasional bigger puffs), stars, etc...

Different skies?
Rain or snow?
Trippy camera zoom?

Looking forward to seeing the finished version!

SSS(Posted 2003) [#4]
DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO

that is such a cool game :D

TheMan(Posted 2003) [#5]
CONGRATULATION, I'm waiting for the DEMO .... All the Best

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2003) [#6]
> Rocket Baords - I've finished the last track... hoorah :)

Rocket Baords? Is that a sequel to Rocket Boards? ;)

Looks great.

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#7]
Not too shabby Ben

Darren Hebden(Posted 2003) [#8]
I am now looking for ideas for cheats. I only want very simple things that don't actually affect the gameplay but make the game look different. For example you can turn on wireframe rendering, or change the fog so its really dense making it hard to see where you're going.
Comedy board replacements? Surfboards, ironing boards, plaice (the flat fish), banannanannannanas?

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#9]
"How about big heads?"

-- I'd thought about htis before. Could be good... i'll have a play :)

"Easy one: different particle exhaust effects: rainbow shards, smoke (with occasional bigger puffs), stars, etc..."

-- The exaust doesn't use particles... unless you boost (the trail is a modified mesh). Maybe they could start smoking though

"Different skies?
Rain or snow?
Trippy camera zoom?"

-- I actually added rain and snow but decided they detracted from the clean look of the rest of the game (and slowed things down too much) so removed them. And the camera zoom would mess up the hud.

Different skies could be good though.

"Rocket Baords? Is that a sequel to Rocket Boards? ;)"

-- Erm... probably

"Comedy board replacements? Surfboards, ironing boards, plaice (the flat fish), banannanannannanas?"

-- I quite like that idea. Not sure how it will work but I will have a play and see if I can manage it, it would be good.

I'm gonna have a play and then make some new screenshots to show off the cheat effects.

SSS(Posted 2003) [#10]
what about a cheat to make it cell shaded, or slo/fast mode etc...

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2003) [#11]
Is mirror mode out of the question?
Or surfing round backwards.

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#12]
"what about a cheat to make it cell shaded, or slo/fast mode etc... "

-- I wanted to steer clear of cel shading since it is rather over used. Maybe just a cheat though.

"Is mirror mode out of the question?
Or surfing round backwards. "

-- Mirror mode would mean rewriting the ai routines. Surfing around backwards... backwards round the track - no. Facing the wrong way :) - that could be funny

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#13]
or how about a different stance on the boards ie lying down, kneeling etc.

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#14]
"or how about a different stance on the boards ie lying down, kneeling etc."

-- That would mean re-making all of the animations. Tbis is something I wanted to do originally though and will probably make it into the sequel... IF I ever make one :)

Enough suggestions. I will be finishing the game this weekend so I won't be doing any more after that.

I will post screenshots of the cheats I add some time next week. Hopefully shortly followed by a demo :)

MadJack(Posted 2003) [#15]
Don't forget the nude cheat...