Black Beauty rides again...

Community Forums/Showcase/Black Beauty rides again...

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#1]

Just thought you all might like to see this, one of the pro artists that's signed with us has put this together. He's now working on Orcs, Ogres and a host of other scary stuff.

This one's completely animated and looks amazing when moving :) The tail looks wrong in the second shot because it's in the process if flicking about during the kick.

Hope you like it :)

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#2]
The first shot looks good. The proportions in the second one look distorted. The model appears to be VERY low-poly.

These are my immediate impressions without seeing anything else. I am posting it to give some honest, constructive feedback.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#3]
First one looks GREAT. Especially the shiny coat. Second one, as Halo says, looks like it's being sucked into a vortex or something. And the coat looks like a dinged-up old car.

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#4]
Looks good to me. I'm sure the 2nd one looks better moving.

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#5]
We're putting together an avi on the site so you can see it a little better. The second shot was caught mid kick (which lasts about a second) that's maybe why it looks a little odd. Looks amazing moving and no they're not low poly - but not high enough to be restrictive either at just over 1000.

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2003) [#6]
those look frickin great

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#7]
looks great and at that price a snitch, i was thinking of redoing my horse racing game in 3d and these models have convinced me to do so.
Will it be possible that the model be available in .max format too?

Smurfpuss(Posted 2003) [#8]
well the 2nd horse modell looks really wierd like dosen't a horse pull there back legs up when they kick back like a donkey dose

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#9]
1000 is pretty low-poly, by today's standards, which is not necessarily a problem, since not everyone has the latest machines. I thought they were the same model, but if they are different, the first one really good. If the animations are good as well, that model alone is well worth $200.

I think you're doing a good thing here.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#10]
"If the animations are good as well, that model alone is well worth $200. "

if the animations are good it's well worth it's weight in gold though they're selling it for $9.99 and with it also being aimed at us blitz programmers that's a great price.

Physt(Posted 2003) [#11]
Perfect for the FPS I always wanted to write!

"Revenge of Mr. Ed"

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#12]
I'll get the avi up as soon as possible and some new shots, got a lot on my plate at the moment sorting out the DVD cased CD versions of our products.

I'll post screenies here and on our site when I get a chance and thanks very much for your views, valued as always.

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#13]
OK here's the URL for the horse avi.

http://www.binary-people.com/gfx/essentials/horse/HorseAnims.avi

This shows 1 loop of each of the anims.

SurreaL(Posted 2003) [#14]
hey that looks pretty good :)