UPX Shell v0.0.3b

Community Forums/Showcase/UPX Shell v0.0.3b

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#1]
For those that are interested. Did some extensive testing since noone tried this or submitted any bugs. It all works perfectly now...Im in the middle of adding more features...

features:
- Compression (Set ratio)
- Decompression
- Commandline (All Original UPX Cmd's sOON)
- Extensive UPX Error Checking.
- No External Files Needed (StandAlone - Not Even UPX.)

click the image to download....

So What does it do ? It's an EXE packer, a good one to. It Compresses Blitz EXE's down to 4/500 KB....

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#2]
Great tool :-)

Now I can get rid of the previous one I installed :P

Grisu(Posted 2003) [#3]
Will test it asap. - Just released a new version of BCM.

BTW: is this written in PureBasic (as stated in dl-path)?

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#4]
Well to be honest it's true, i wrote it in pb but that doesnt make it less of a tool or less of a programm or less a reason to post it here....Because it truely is a handy tool...btw 0.0.4b is alost complete,

- added tooltips
- added registry context menu addons
- added more cmd opts...
- added updated help
- added tiny beep...on completion of action...

links updated in above post

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#5]
Beta Testers, i cant find any bugs. I need testerssss.....
Who's up for it?

Rob(Posted 2003) [#6]
Thats cool, I do just drag and drop my exe onto the upx exe for an instant near perfect compress though I'm sure people will enjoy your contribution.

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#7]
i'll be a beta tester. what do i need to do?

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#8]
Well you need to test the program for bugs. If it compresses / decompresses correctly. Any Improvement suggestions and all that...I suppose you know what upx is and of not http://upx.sourceforge.net/ for more info....

my shell is a WIN GUI for the original cmdline upx with a difference
it has upx included in it's source so no need to have this installed additionaly to the original upx...

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#9]
eh, sorry. i'm not quite sure how it runs.... any help? i downloaded the beta version files but all i get is some files and an exe that brings up a dos window quickly then disappears.

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#10]
hahaha...i gave you the link to the real upx site, to read what it does not download it.....

UPX is a programm that compresses executables. It's like winrar or winzip but only for exe files (or other OS Executables) If you download ur space game installer and install it, check the size of ur game exe, compare it with your own game exe, you'll cc the size was compressed from 1.2MB to 480KB. Thats where UPX Shell commes in. Like yo noticed UPX is a commandline based program, this annoys a lot of ppl. to get a dos prompt , locate upx , figure out the right cmdline... whilst when using my pogram u don't need upx installed additionaly, but can compress/decompress directly after install. What i need tested is if it compresses whithout errors and if anyon has any suggestions about the program and finds any bugs...

Don't know how to compress with my shell? start my shell and press F1...

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#11]
oh right, sorry. i'm a bit slow sometimes :S