Joebots

Community Forums/Showcase/Joebots

JoeGr(Posted 2003) [#1]
I felt like showing y'all something I'd made for once, so here's an old, abandoned project of mine. There's no real objective, just use the arrow keys to move around. T and M toggle simple effects. I apologise for the generally unfinished quality and the lack of timing code.

The entire level (not including robots) has less than 600 vertices. It was all done in Milkshape as I recall.

Click here.

EDIT: Might be a bit dark on some monitors too.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#2]
Looks pretty slick and stylish. I wonder if there is any way to use vector graphics for the textures so that things don't get blurry when the camera is close. That would save a lot of memory too since everything is just simple flat colors.

JoeGr(Posted 2003) [#3]
Thanks jh. The blurring problem was one reason I gave up on it. Actually its not so much when the textures are close as when they run away from you at a sharp angle. Go down one of the narrow alleys and you'll see what I mean.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#4]
That's due to mipmapping. You can turn mipmapping off. Just load the texture in code and make sure NOT to use flag 8.

JoeGr(Posted 2003) [#5]
Thanks again jh, but I already knew all that. Turning mipmapping off just makes the whole thing look even worse. :(