Version 1... X-wing

Community Forums/Showcase/Version 1... X-wing

Uncle(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi Guys (& Girls),

I haven't posted much around here, as I only bought B3D about 3 weeks ago and Im still learning (and theres lots to learn. Anyway yesterday I spent a few hours creating a model and then texturing in UltimateUnwrap. The poly count is around 1600, but this model will only be used in certain cut scene. Unfortunately because of copyright reasons :) I won't be able to release my efforts, but Im enjoying coding it all the same.

Cheers,

Unc

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#2]
Looks like the real thing! IMO I would optimize (reduce polygons) a little bit more those very thin laser gun tubes... other than that it looks great!

Uncle(Posted 2003) [#3]
Thanks Mustang. I had the same thought myself. I also need to do a few more textures and tidy up the existing ones. I'll post the result soon.

Cheers,

Unc

Bouncer(Posted 2003) [#4]
Looks very sharp... great work.

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#5]
Nice!

Are you gonna make the canopy transparent with a chap in there? That would be neat too!

IPete2.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2003) [#6]
WOW!!! Verrrrrry Nice... the Force is truly with you...

--Mike

Grisu(Posted 2003) [#7]
"Be di diiiiiiiip" <- R2D2 says: great job! :)

Agamer(Posted 2003) [#8]
Wow i loved thr films and i could say that loks realistic

Uncle(Posted 2003) [#9]
Thanks. Its been on a bit of a poly diet since (down to under 1000 polys), but it still looks ok. Im working on the Tie Fighters / Bombers at the moment.

Cheers,

Unc

SSS(Posted 2003) [#10]
that looks really good, 1000 polys is fine if you just want to have a couple of them...

one thing you may consider is that in C++ w/ directX 8.0 you can reduce the poly count of an X file, if you send me the file i can reduce the poly count however many polys you want and see if it still looks decent,
if you want
e-mail me at sss_723@...

Zmatrix(Posted 2003) [#11]
1000 is extreamly low poly, i wouldnt worry about it.

looks good :)

Zmatrix

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#12]
Polys, or tris?

Ginger Tea(Posted 2003) [#13]
there was a website that had oodles of starwars .x modles
iir it was closed by lucas arts.