Pointy thing

Community Forums/Showcase/Pointy thing

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#1]
Arthur the Knight has at last learnt to use his sword - he has 5 moves so far

Difference(Posted 2003) [#2]
Looks like you're on a roll.
Cool in the pool.
Balance and pose suggests his technique is closer to that of Sir Lancelets, than his name cousin the Kings.
Sword handling of the latter was, let's face it, far from the equilibrism of the former.

Btw: screenies are pitch black on my monitor, so I have no clue to what I'm commenting on.

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#3]
HAHAHAHA

The first piccy is a red hot curry (mmmmmmmm curry)
The second picture is of a nice cold ice cold stella (mmmmmmmmmm beer).

Let us all take a moment to large it up for Curry and Beer.

On a more serious note (i hate serious notes) Arthur in my game is actually named after me bonkers barmey dad :) Influenced slightly by ol king Arthur of course (but thats between you and me - if me dad asks it's named after him).

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#4]
Looks good... maybe a touch dark? You say tomato...

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#5]
Looks good. The screens are fine on my pc.

How are you doing the sword - enemy collision? I hope to make a similar game to this (a zelda clone?) and any suggestions would be great.

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#6]
Thanks for the comments guys :)

Ben - the tip of the sword has a bone which i am using to test with. A hit is scored dependant on if the player is facing the front, side or back of the attacked enemy (or object), if he has performed an attack and the distance between the tip and the enemies hit locations or shield/s - if the shield is closer (and we are facing the shield) then it has been blocked.

It's a little more complicated than that - but that's the general idea.

GitTech(Posted 2003) [#7]
Looks great! Maybe use "Roots" of Sepultura as sound-track :D

Red Ocktober(Posted 2003) [#8]
Those pics are really scary...

:)

--Mike

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#9]
I'm hoping to make a Zelda clone some time. Your sword fighting system sounds a bit more complicated than the one I was thinking of... but then I hadn't really thought about shields which is going to add an extra element of complexity. Oh well - thanks for the info