Open DNA Game - Teaser Inside - FS Motion Blur Effect

Community Forums/Showcase/Open DNA Game - Teaser Inside - FS Motion Blur Effect

Reda Borchardt(Posted 2003) [#1]
Dear All,

I have been spending most of my coding time in trying out new realtime special effects. I am currently working on a project that will mainly make use of SpecialFX instead of traditional 3D artwork.

The main reason for doing this is because I simply do not have the talent or the resources to create great 3D artwork.
I therefore think that the best route for me is to create a game that will be a cross between the PS2 game REZ and ...

Anyway, you can download from http://www.open-dna.com/preview.zip a little teaser that shows you a realtime fullscreen motion blur effect. If you watch carefully and are old enough to remember the early eighties, you will know what the game will be.

The source code has been included.

Kind regards
Reda Borchardt

Bouncer(Posted 2003) [#2]
Pretty good looking motionblur... the avi is a little big in size for a such a short clip... othervise great stuff.

- Bouncer

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#3]
I'd love to check it out but I'm on a 28k connection :( anything over a meg tends to go tits up. I'm sure it's very nice though!

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#4]
Rob - the effect is nice but most of the file size is from a 4 meg avi intro and a 6 meg mp3... neither of which really add anything.

Reda - You should think of people on crap connections. Rob is a bit unique :) but I wouldn't have downloaded it on my 56k connection if I had known what it was going to be.

Reda Borchardt(Posted 2003) [#5]
Yeah, you are probably right. That's why I didn't call it a demo. It's only a little eye candy for those who have some spare bandwidth. I got so used to 100kb/s download times that I sometimes forget about the analog users.

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#6]
:)