FreeWorld Online - MMORPG - Phase 5 of alpha testing open

Community Forums/Showcase/FreeWorld Online - MMORPG - Phase 5 of alpha testing open

King Dave(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hey, I posted about the signup period for FreeWorld Online last time and got quite a few people from here, so I thought I would this time as well :)

Anyway, basically FreeWorld is an online role-playing game that has been made using blitz. Everything from the server to the game to the patcher (prog that makes sure everyone has the same version of the game) was made using BB3D.

Some fairly recent screenshots can be found at www.freeworldonline.com/sshots.php
Here is an example:

Basic info can be found at www.freeworldonline.com/about.php

And of course if you want to signup to help with the testing go to www.freeworldonline.com/signup.php

Some of the additions since last time:
+Recreated main playable model replacing the old temp one :)
+1 new playable race + female versions of each race added
+Added tiredness
+Added team play
+Added mini games - poker (can be played with other people) & hide 'n' seek
+Improved GUI
+World has almost doubled in size
+Now have over 180 items and equipment
+Over 40 NPCs (non-playable characters)/monsters
+Guard NPCs - protect towns from monsters
+Numerous improvements to media
+Player area added to website for account management/seeing if friends are online.

Full patch-news since the start of the phase can be seen at www.freeworldonline.com/temp/phase4.txt

We will be accepting signups until the 31st of May, and we will start the phase on the 2nd of June

King Dave(Posted 2003) [#2]
Any comments?

poopla(Posted 2003) [#3]
Looks fabulous, great work.

RexRhino(Posted 2003) [#4]
I played the first beta for freeworld... it was great work, and a lot of fun, but the combat was a bit confusing.

King Dave(Posted 2003) [#5]
Yup :)

It should be a lot clearer to people this time around, your now given detailed instructions for it during the tutorial.

RexRhino(Posted 2003) [#6]
By the way, what are you using to model and animate your characters?

Chroma(Posted 2003) [#7]
How long has this been in development now?

King Dave(Posted 2003) [#8]
RexRhino - wish I could answer that for you, but I'm just the coder... I'll see if I can find out though.

Chroma - 1 3/4 years - I never thought it would take so long, but its proving to be worth it.

_PJ_(Posted 2003) [#9]

I never thought it would take so long, but its proving to be worth it.

I'm sure EVERY coder knows that feeling :)

King Dave(Posted 2003) [#10]
lol, your probably right