mario3D is coming!!

Community Forums/Showcase/mario3D is coming!!

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#1]
Haven't really posted anything about what i've been doing in blitz , thought i'd let you know what i've been making.
A 3d mario game which is coming along nicely and will be something similar to mario64/sunshine only i will try and give the game a feel of the snes games.
It features full analogue control like the console versions and has a true 3d camera and movement.
Mario has sneak,walk,jog and fullout running moves.
A crouch, moving on hands and knees.
Can climb trees and poles.
Various jumps
He's got fully animated hands(and hopefully a face if i get time to make a fullyboned one).
You'll also see a few of his familiar foes.

it's still early in dev but is looking good now, im still working on a level editor and modelling the enemies, link and a few other nintendo favourties may also pop in :)

I'll post a demo in a month or so or be mean and post a movie :)

Dock(Posted 2003) [#2]
Sounds interesting, and copyright infringing! :D
How about a screenshot or two?

Fan games are guarenteed to generate more interest, so I can see your reasons for opting for this. There's a lot of game remakes on the forums for the 'other' basic programming language.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#3]
i've been checking up on infringements and if nintendo have a problem they'll tell me:)

"Fan games are guarenteed to generate more interest, so I can see your reasons for opting for this. There's a lot of game remakes on the forums for the 'other' basic programming language."

I'll post some screens etc when i get a website up and when i get some proper levels made.

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2003) [#4]
Just call him Wario and make him yellow or something. Oh wait, that's already a Nintendo character as well.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#5]
Call him Fabio

GrahamK(Posted 2003) [#6]
How about "Georgeo"

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#7]
the trick is to generate interest for my mario game/demo then release an original game using the same engine :)

Neuro(Posted 2003) [#8]
screen shot?

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#9]
posted screens in user creations.

Difference(Posted 2003) [#10]
Why do you think it's okay to steal somebody else's work, with the deliberate intention to benefit from that other works popularity?

It is wrong and illegal.

Do you plan to steal my work too, if it gets popular enough?

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#11]
sorry, should have put j/k.
i don't plan on releasing anything commercial.

mrtricks(Posted 2003) [#12]
Peter: what do you think pretty much every single game development studio does? And film studio? And TV station? And every playwright going back to Euripedes?

Difference(Posted 2003) [#13]
Exactly where did Stan Lee steal Spiderman?

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#14]

Peter: what do you think pretty much every single game development studio does? And film studio? And TV station? And every playwright going back to Euripedes?

I know the answer! Me! Me!

They make stuff about Mario without asking permission! Um, right?

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#15]

I assume you're referring to stealing ideas, which is entirely different. Ideas cannot be copyighted, so there can be no copyright infringement.

fredborg(Posted 2003) [#16]
I agree with Peter. And on another note: If a game is not good in it's own right, it is not good. It's not going to make any game better that Mario is in it. It's not going to make the game more interesting, in fact it will make it less so. We have all seen Mario a trillion times before, and with all respects to Sinu, I don't think he is capable of improving the Mario character in any way. And I can't imagine it being very satisfying that people are only interested in your game because it features Mario, and not because it's actually a good game.

So my advice is stuff Mario where there ain't no sunshine, and come up with something interesting of your own instead.

Fredborg

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#17]
wish i had never posted about it now.
I want to make a mario game cos i am a big fan and love everything about his games both 2d to 3d.

I never said it was gonna be good cos good ol' mario is in it, it's good cos i'm making it good :)
Im trying to capture the feel of the 2d games in 3d something nintendo really in my opinion didn't achieve.
Im putting in scoring for each level so there is more to it than just getting coins and stars.

ps last i will post on the matter, too much negativity.
Next time you see it will be when there is a demo out, which hopefully impresses.

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#18]
I never said it was gonna be good cos good ol' mario is in it, it's good cos i'm making it good :)
Im trying to capture the feel of the 2d games in 3d something nintendo really in my opinion didn't achieve.
Im putting in scoring for each level so there is more to it than just getting coins and stars.

You can do all those things without using Mario.

too much negativity

I don't see any negativity. The criticism is all constructive, and if you listen to it you'll have a better game. No one has knocked any of your work or your ideas, just the use of Mario.

Fredborg, for example, makes a good point. I personally wouldn't download yet another Mario game, no matter how good it looked. I don't like the character and I haven't really enjoyed any Mario games since the SNES games. But if you made a good platform game with all the features and ideas you've suggested, I'm sure I would download it.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#19]
"I don't see any negativity. The criticism is all constructive, and if you listen to it you'll have a better game. No one has knocked any of your work or your ideas, just the use of Mario. "

fair points.

"You can do all those things without using Mario."

and am doing so, my pet project is a mario meets pokemon snap style game. your a little dude running around taking snaps of creatues in a mini-safari park, you progress by taking higher value pictures and getting better cameras and more reels.

popcade(Posted 2003) [#20]
Actually you have one choice called "Markio", he's in your Blitz Package and is free to use.