Skyline Taxis

Community Forums/Showcase/Skyline Taxis

yinch(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hello

Here is a screenshot of "Skyline Taxis". It is a hover-taxi game I am working on. It will feature literally hundreds of levels that pit you against the clock as you dash through the streets of Ultrapolis trying to earn credits from your fare-paying passengers.

yinch'03

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#2]
Looks like fun!

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#3]
looks pretty cute, textures could use improvements tough...I personaly could not do a better job...

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#4]
That looks cute n interesting!

Bot Builder(Posted 2003) [#5]
You need police cars, traffic lights that zap you if you if you get to close, competing taxis, and an odd storyline like "Earl wanted to become a Blitz Programmer, so he became a taxi-driver.....". Of course, I have not yet made a game, so I have no right to say that it is lacking if these features are not included, yet it would be really fun to run away from the police, and then be a convict for the rest of the game :) .

Altogether, it looks good so far!

yinch(Posted 2003) [#6]
One of the route obstacles from Skyline - a Space Cruiser, shown here as a standalone vehicle. Interesting technical note is that this model uses only 5 Kbytes of storage - that includes the mesh as well as the texture.

.rIKmAN.(Posted 2003) [#7]
How have u managed that?

yinch(Posted 2003) [#8]
Procedural everything.

Textures stored as vector/control instructions, model stored using configurable high-level primitives.

yinch'03

_PJ_(Posted 2003) [#9]
wow! looks like fun!

Agamer(Posted 2003) [#10]
will you ever release and will it be freeware as this looks kwl

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#11]
make em pay for it I say.

yinch(Posted 2003) [#12]
A more recent screenshot of this project.

yinch'03

AuzingLG(Posted 2003) [#13]
what about a demo

Foppy(Posted 2003) [#14]
This looks like the first minutes of the movie "The Fifth Element". ;) It looks very nice.

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#15]
Give us a demo or we will send the turnips round *nod*

Would you like the turnips turning up on your doorstep when you are enjoying a peacefull sunday evening? nope. So.. give us what we ask for...demo.