Contest !!!

Community Forums/Showcase/Contest !!!

Marvin Droogsma(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi everyone!

I've made up a contest for you budding artists out there.

What should you do?

Well, use the code down below to create a 3d or 2d screenwipe that's far more spectaculair than the one provided! Your routine should be called like a function and use both imagefiles, first showing A (fullscreen) and when ready B (fullscreen). In the time between you can do whatever you like, wrap the images around a ball, or make it explode, dissolve, etc... use your imagination. The effect should last shorter than 5 seconds, around 3 secs is best.

What's in it for you?

The transition/wipe/fx that startles me most (2d or 3d) wins at least 100 euro. For every correct, different and working wipe I receive, I raise the pricemoney up to a maximum of 500 euro!

How can you win?

Well, by creating a 'blow your sox off' transition or a bunch less spectaculair ones (or both).

Well, that's it. I'm ready to invest in your creativity and I'll keep you informed of the standings within this forum.

Send your questions, code and objects to:

m.droogsma@...

Please state your full name in your email.

Here's the basic code:

;
; transition contest
;

Global screenA$,screenB$
Graphics3D 800,600,0,2
SetBuffer BackBuffer()
screenA$="...path to picture..."
screenB$="...path to picture..."
startimage=LoadImage(screenA$)
DrawImage startimage,0,0
Flip
transition
End

Function transition()

; This is where your code comes...

sun = CreateLight(2)
PositionEntity sun,0,0,10
LightColor sun,200,200,255

texture1=LoadTexture(screenA$)
texture2=LoadTexture(screenB$)

s1=CreateCube()
ScaleEntity s1,.8,.6,.1
EntityTexture s1,texture1
PositionEntity s1,0,0,0

s2=CreateCube(s1)
EntityTexture s2,texture2
PositionEntity s2,-.001,-.001,-.01

cam=CreateCamera()
PositionEntity cam,0,0,0.906
RotateEntity cam,180,0,180
PointEntity cam,s1
CameraRange cam,0.01,10

deep#=-.8

; move back

For A#=0 To deep# Step -.05
VWait
PositionEntity s1,0,0,a#
UpdateWorld
RenderWorld
Flip
Next

; rotate till your sick

For A#=0 To 180 Step 2
VWait
RotateEntity s1,a#*2,a#,a#*2
UpdateWorld
RenderWorld
Flip
Next

; move in

For A#=deep# To 0 Step .05
VWait
PositionEntity s1,0,0,a#
UpdateWorld
RenderWorld
Flip
Next

; clean ending
PositionEntity s1,0,0,0
PointEntity cam,s1
UpdateWorld
RenderWorld
Flip

End Function

ckob(Posted 2003) [#2]
is this an attempt to have someone work on your code for you? I think what you've done is hit a barrier on the road and want someone to fix it for you and your looking for the best one. Now the fact that your paying is ok so im not complaining but if this is true and you just cant get passed it why not ask for help im sure someone would be willing to help :)

Madcap13(Posted 2003) [#3]
I dunno.. aint 100 euros a lot?
I really dont have any clue

Marvin Droogsma(Posted 2003) [#4]
Okay, here's why:

I haven't got the time to write a lot of wipes/transitions myself (that's the barrier), but only the framework and a couple of simple ones. I thought i'd give you outthere the chance to earn some money in the form of a contest. It's what we programmers like, don't we? Well, I liked it a lot in the past. I could have asked 'Can anyone please send me a good wipe based on this code?', but then there would'nt be a challenge to make a REALLY GOOD wipe. I hope there is now...

If you don't like the idea, well, I'll pull this contest back. It's not a hoax, but i do need a couple of good entries and they're probably worth the money. You can send me whatever you made in the past and if I'm allowed to use it , great! Maybe we can work together more often afterwards.

Please give me your ideas...

Marvin Droogsma