BubbleTrouble Demo is avaiable again!

Community Forums/Showcase/BubbleTrouble Demo is avaiable again!

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#1]
I have finally uploaded the playable demo again.

For who didn't download 16MB of stuff (the last demo version), you can have a sneak peak with this WMV movie [1.6MB]

Check and see a nice 100% Blitz game :-)

Download it from this page.

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#2]
Oh I forgot to mention:
I stretched the size of the demo to approx. 16 MB

The large size of the demo is due to the presence of the Intro Cutscene gfx sounds and musics, and of the almost complete main Data.pak.

Don't worry about this download is only 1 hour and some @ 56k :-)

I think each megabyte worth the fun in playing the demo :)

Bye

starfox(Posted 2003) [#3]
Very nice! Reminds me of Mario 64

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#4]
Thanx :)

Have you played it ?

Come one guys, go, download and play the demo! ;)

Tiger(Posted 2003) [#5]
Looks great and professional.
Love the intro scene.
How long time did it take to make??

starfox(Posted 2003) [#6]
Yeah, I played it.;)

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#7]
Project started in far may 2002

It tooks 1 whole Year in 4 people

2 people @ full time, plus 2 people helping out fuzzy on GFX and Coding.

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#8]
129 real downloads until now...
c'mon people before it get public give more impressions!

cheers

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#9]
c'mon people before it get public give more impressions!

cheers

sorry double post :P

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#10]
i played it and thought it was very good. Any game you have to collect fruit in is fun to me.
I found the controls awkward, bit hard to get used to them when your used to playing console games and it felt more like an fps because of it instead of a 3d platformer type game however that's what you may have been aiming for :)

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#11]
Oh thanx to have tried :)

>> bit hard to get used to them when your used to playing console games and it felt more like an fps because of it instead of a 3d platformer type game however that's what you may have been aiming for :) <<

Not exactly, but yes, I aimed for an action / arcade kind of game. I tried to have the same "rush" feeling I had with bubble bobble, more the playability of new 3D titles.

>>I found the controls awkward<<

I'm sorry to hear, I think there are TONS of games with those kind of controls....Tomb Raider, ONI, Mario64, Giants Kobuto...

Again,
Thanks for comments.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#12]
mario64 doesn't have the same controls as your demo, if it did i would be sweet to control

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#13]
I tried the first 3D super mario on the Nintendo64, and for what I remember, right and left to rotate, up to go, down to go backward.

Perhaps you refer to newer version than the first "Mario64" one ?

it felt more like an fps because of it instead of a 3d platformer type game
I Totally disagree on this,
An FPS (and yes, the game has also this mode) you strafe with left and right, don't rotate, just in Quake(1), or Doom you had that asset, but those are just the begin of 3D gaming at all!

- We have 5 kind of camera view here, very easily switchable.

- Each camera is a different feeling, and will make different also a bit the control of the player.

- 1 camera makes really different also the controls (the fps "unreal" camera), there you strafe l/r, go forw/back, and adjust the view with a inverted or notInverted mouselook.

The other 4 are basically 3rd person camera views, but playing the game with the "elastic" or the "arcade" camera, make it look totally different(much more arcade/platform).

I agree, if you play with "Default" camera or "Shoulder" camera views, it looks a bit like a classic fps/action PC game (like Oni, or Tomb Raider), well, what is bad in this ?

I really don't think a game based on the bubble shooting aim and jumps to explode bubbles in determinate 3D spaces/coordiantes a camera/controls like you say (4 keys 8 directions, always "thrustin" ones) is a good idea for the kind of game at all.

The only lack I admit, and that I really would have liked to add, is a full mouse+keyboard controls support,
but This means make the game totally differently-controlled, among GamePad or Keyboard+mouse,

tell me: How good is Unreal Tournament played onto a playstation2 with a gamepad only ?

I got the answer: awful !

Chroma(Posted 2003) [#14]
Is Idigicon publishing this?

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#15]
Yes,

why ?

Tricky(Posted 2003) [#16]
I may post a full review later... But one thing I couldn't stand... I couldn't find the quit feature... Am I dumb or didn't you implent it?

JAW(Posted 2003) [#17]
That was a pretty large download.

I couldn't find the quit either..I had to alt-tab. The controls are a little clunky; something to do with not speeding up fast enough? and having too high of a top-running-speed? you have to get a long running start to jump onto things. The camera gets a little dizzy when you're running around and turning I think (can't remember, deleted it a few days ago).

If the controls and player movement were more friendly, I might have been able to enjoy it. Interesting cutscene heh. I'd make the spell effect a little more grandiose though. Hopefully there is an explanation for him going on the adventure in the first level?

Dock(Posted 2003) [#18]
Pressing the 'esc' button to quit seems to have been removed from the second version of the demo. It confused me too, I had to quickly stop playing and was forced to commit suicide (which takes a while, drowning isn't instant) and fudge through the exit pages.

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#19]
There is the quit feature, not within the game,
go back to the main menu, and there is a QUITE LARGE WHALE on the left bottom corner, when the mouse roll over it, a QUITE BIG WRITTEN: "QUIT TO WINDOWS" start to rotate round the whale...

Full version will have ESC key feature on, of course,
and I think the official Idigicon's demo will be fixed there.

I never had a complain about the controls or the camera,
you are the first one, sorry, maybe it is a matter of:
"too many or ONLY FirstPersonShooters played lastly" ?

Play Tomb Raider, Crock or SuperMaro, then go back, and try again. :\

Have you guys all switched back to your 14400 BPS modem ?

Nobody complained when downloaded the 20MB of the
"that girl had the best ass seen in a videogame" demo. *

* Somebody call the demo like that lastly.

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#20]
Hey guys have you all switched back to your 14400 BPS modem ?

Nobody complained when downloaded the 20MB of the
"that girl had the best ass seen in a videogame" demo. *

And it was only an half playable level !

* Somebody call the demo like that lastly.