My first Blitz programm :-)

Community Forums/Showcase/My first Blitz programm :-)

Psycoach(Posted 2003) [#1]
Well, it is so far that I brought my first Blitz game, SokoBlobz, to it's completion ! :-)

It is a animated SokoBan clone, and even if my aim with this first production was rather to discover Blitz and its main function I find it amusing also.

The game comes with 937 integrated levels, built by well-known Sokoban levels authors, wich I thank here again for this (I thank them again in the ReadMe file also, and in this file I thank you all also here for your help and patience with me ;-)

I have no website right now, so I put the game in the showcase.

Thanks a lot in advance for all of you that will take the time to DL it and give it a try (the puzzles are pretty hard I think).

And thanks even more for the people that will give me any feedback (corrections to be made, bugs reports, suggestions,... ALL your comments are welcome ! :-)

SSS(Posted 2003) [#2]
its not a bad game for a first, i had fun with it.

nice gfx lots of maps etc...

Psycoach(Posted 2003) [#3]
Thanks ! :-))

Zster(Posted 2003) [#4]
Hiya

Love the insane logic of the game. Nice graphics. Option to run in window would be nice and a speedup option to (ie move a whole block animation at once) as sometimes the fingers think faster than the brain:).

Thanks

DarkNature(Posted 2003) [#5]
This may sound stoopid, but where's the Showcase?

SSS(Posted 2003) [#6]
the showcase is here
blitz.idigicon.com
phychoach do you want me to host if for u

DarkNature(Posted 2003) [#7]
This is great fun!

Never heard of Sokoban before, but this is one addictive puzzle game.

Thanks, Psycoach.

Have fun.

Psycoach(Posted 2003) [#8]
Thanks a thousand times for your comments ! :-))

I made a website for those of you who would like to know a bit more about it before downloading (there is a better screenshot also !) :

Click here

... and... well, it's my first website also :-)

I'll add / correct things later, but I hope it will do in the meanwhie...

Notice : There are now more than 1300 levels included with the game ! (Everyday, new Sokoban authors give me their authorization to publish theit levels with the game !...)

Awaiting your comments,

Thanks again !

Psycoach(Posted 2003) [#9]
@Zster : Playing in windowed mode would be great, but I can't programm this because the game has been written in B2D, and I just bought B3D, which can't either make windowed games... :-(
But I write your suggestion among the top of my to-do list for when I get BlitzMax ! ;-)
Speedup suggestion : would you find OK an option that would allow the blob to "run" when the "shift" key is pressed ?

@SSS : Thanks a lot for your hosting proposal !
In the meanwhile I kicked myself to put a mini-website together... But I really appreciate your proposition and your comments. Thanks again !

SSS(Posted 2003) [#10]
you could do it in window mode just set your gfx like
Graphics 640,480,32,2
and it will be windowed

Psycoach(Posted 2003) [#11]
I thought it was only possible with Blitz+ !!

I might make a 1024x768 version which will allow bigger levels to be played : I will make this option available then ! :-)

SSS(Posted 2003) [#12]
or you could add a scrolling feature?

Psycoach(Posted 2003) [#13]
I followed your advice, SSS, ans I made the game in windowed mode.

I didn't add a scrolling feature, because I think that this game is better played when it is possible to have an overall view, but thanks for suggesting !

I added the levels set from Lee Haywood that are now progressive, for those that not already know Sokoban and/or those that found the other included levels hard (they are !)

The updated file can be found on the website in my signature.