CShop does Roman!

Community Forums/Showcase/CShop does Roman!

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#1]
Lol, ok in theory... Playing around with some images and thought 'how would this look in cshop', decided to attmept the structure shown, needs some better skins on the cylinder.... I like it! . less then 400 polys!

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#2]
Now, them columns, that there is something that could use a good bumpmappin' (if it were supported)

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#3]
Sure nuff'.

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#4]
Hey that looks atmospheric. gis another screenie from a different angle - go on.

Ice9(Posted 2003) [#5]
As far as the bumpmappin goes. can't you write a routine in the lightmapper specificaly for the texture and do the lightmap based on an algorithmicly produced bumpmap written to the lightmap. No easy task for the timid but it would produce a stunning effect. As well if you included shadow casting of masked textures or even transparent textures just think of the possibilities.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#6]
It's an appealing idea, but the limitation I guess would be the amount of texture memory you set aside for the lightmap - lightmaps are usually pretty coarse, perhaps too coarse for the detail in the columns?

Hmm, I guess if you just made the texture a bit more cunningly it would look a lot better anyway...

##|##| #| #| #| #|  |  |  |  |# |# |# |# |##|##|

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#7]
kk Ravey -

front

notsure

notsure(again)

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#8]
Cheers :)

Love em all - very atmospheric indeed.
I wanna walk round that place!

Psionic(Posted 2003) [#9]
Looks very very nice!!!

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#10]
You guys want bump-mapped lightmaps? I already do some lighting that depends on the color of the pixel you hit, like transparencies, so it wouldn't be hard, and there would be no overhead, since it's just static lightmaps.

Oh, and dynamic shadows like in Unreal }{ are going to be no problem, but you will have o use some of my Blitz code. It's actually incredibly simple, at least how they did it in Unreal }{. If you look hard in the game, you can figure it out.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#11]
If anyone is really seriosy wanting this, send me some textures and associated bumpmaps to play with. I'll be writing the new lightmapper soon.

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#12]
Halo, I'm all for anything thats eye-candy... Add it in and let us play :)...

Tried email you the material your asking for, but it keeps returning to me... Postage DUE! :(

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#13]
jmklint@...

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#14]
Debbie does Dallas?

Send me bumpmaps, dammit!