Arkadion Beta 1.0

Community Forums/Showcase/Arkadion Beta 1.0

GfK(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hello,

Just a couple of screenies of a little side-project I'm working on. Its just made it to the beta stage so I thought I'd show a few pics.

Not sure who by/how/where/when/if this will be published. I've got a packaging design on standby as there's a possibility I might give it a go as a self-published boxed product.

Should have a demo ready in a couple of days time. Actually I could get it ready now but my webspace needs a tidy-up. No space to host it. :/

[EDIT] All the HUD stuff is done with MasterBeaker's FONText [/EDIT]

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#2]
Crikey, self-published boxed! Good on you for having a go; nothing beats the entrepeneurial feeling of having a real box to sell people...

GfK(Posted 2003) [#3]
Here's a work-in-progress of the box design:

Blue Steel(Posted 2003) [#4]
box design looks good. I would buy the product based on the box front itself

Pazza(Posted 2003) [#5]
That game looks top,go for it.

LineOf7s(Posted 2003) [#6]
I'd agree that both the game and the packaging look "just like a bought one", but almost all the screenshots (and especially the two on the box) have your wonderful explosions obscuring the 'bat', which if I didn't already know that it was an Arkanoid/Breakout game would have caused me at least a lil confusion when checking it out.

Of course, if this is all covered by the 'work in progress' disclaimer then feel free to disregard. :o)

SopiSoft(Posted 2003) [#7]
the game looks very good!!!

How about that demo? is it finished yet???

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#8]
Agree about the explosion. Front cover picture could be better. Best of luck to you; I hope you do well.

GfK(Posted 2003) [#9]
Sopisoft - demo is finished, but I don't have room to host it at the moment.

I got married yesterday, off to Paris tomorrow morning - no time to sort it all out right now. Soon though.... maybe next week sometime.

Ace Grace(Posted 2003) [#10]
Congratulations. I am approaching my first aniversary.

Its been great so far!

SopiSoft(Posted 2003) [#11]
GFK:
Congratulations to you and your wife!!! :-)