Project PLASMA Updates, News, and Demos.

Community Forums/Showcase/Project PLASMA Updates, News, and Demos.

Techlord(Posted 2003) [#1]
My apologies to everyone envolved or interested in Project PLASMA FPS. I'm taking a break from coding to catch up on all updates for the project. For all News, Demos, and Bulletines, and Status of the project please reference my first post in >>> About Project Plasma <<<. This will allow me to provide a centralized location for information and overall better management.

All Team Plasma Developers. Please provide 'Official' news, updates, and demos to me via email. This will allow me to easily maintain updates and keep the Blitz Community informed properly.

Thank You, Sincerely,

TL

Craig Watson(Posted 2003) [#2]

Chroma(Posted 2003) [#3]
I can't help but see this project sinking into the ground. I've seen it with my own software company. Dev is a driving force behind this and all I see is TechLord trying to use very technical language but no clear direction. Everything seems to be overly complex. Techlord, you have to keep everyone in good spirits and give them kudos to keep the project going. It seems like it's disorganized and Dev is doing everything.

I mean, Pepsi asked what GUI to use and you're making one but then tell him use whatever he likes. You have to consider everyone's ideas and not get offended when someone proposes something. Everyone needs to be on the same page. Yeah, you started this but you have to share the credit. I'm telling you there's no clear direction here. Everyone will leave if you don't fix it.

Techlord(Posted 2003) [#4]
Chroma,

Project PLASMA is very much alive. Yes it is true that we have lost members, but, this is the nature of the beast (open source project) and it has been anticipated. All active Team Plasma Members have continue to show their undying commitment and support to this project.

My goal has been to provide a basic direction without micro-managing the development effort. The >>> About Project Plasma <<< provides a list of members and responsibilities, engine design abstract, and game design abstract. Interested parties should be able to use this information here to determine what part of the engine/game that they would like to work on. I post updates, demos, and news when I receive them.

As Project Coordinator, I have made many compromises in a attempt to satisfy ALL Team PLASMA members. But, this can be a very difficult task to achieve considering everyone has a 'their' way of doing things.

I will remain steadfast in seeing the project to completion. Completing this Project is ultimately the driving force for me, and in my opinion should be the same driving force for Team Plasma.

In conclusion, we are very far into the development cycle of the engine. Any and every contribution you make will be greatly appreciated.

TL

poopla(Posted 2003) [#5]
Chroma, because we don't release screens and demo's every 2 days were sinking into the ground? Theres two of us man. Unless you wanna donate some cash for that extra motivation, a little patience is desired. Thanks.

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#6]
I think Chroma is saying it is sinking in the ground exactly because there is only two of you still left.

MarkT(Posted 2003) [#7]
just because there are 2 developers dosnt mean that the project is sinking, most blockbuster game have started with a couple developers and turned into huge teams once people realized that what they had was truly a good idea.

Techlord(Posted 2003) [#8]
Just an quick update. Dev and I are deep into coding. I have found myself working on multiple engine components at once. Heres the engine stats:

COMPONENT		COMPLETION	TEAM PLASMA
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GUI			75% 		TL
GUI EDITOR 		40%		TL
PARTICLE SYSTEM 	90%		Dev
LENSFLARE		100%		Dev
PLAYER INTERFACE 	70%		Dev
WEAPON SYSTEM		80%		Dev
PHYSICS			50%		Dev
AI			10%		TL/Dev
SWITCH			100%		TL
NETWORK			60%		TL
VIS SYSTEM		80%		TL
TERRAIN SYSTEM		Pending
LEVEL EDITOR		Pending

Screenshots coming soon!

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#9]
Good luck to you in any case!

"Open source" or "net projects" are VERY hard to do; I was years ago a member of demo group that had its members from all over the world and we never saw each other face to face... we did few "succesful" demos, but organizing the work and keeping ppl busy and on schedule proved to be close to impossible.

After that hard experience I decided that I will never again do any "net community projects" because they are more likely to fail than succeed - but they are few REALLY nice projects that have made it, mostly in the FPS modding area.

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#10]
Level editor: Pending...

Have you looked at Droplet? it's an entity placement app, should have a new update soon with zones too. Also if you have any other ideas for it give me a shout and I'll see what I can do. I'd love to see this project succeed and if there's anything I can do to help (my time permitting) just shout.

*(Posted 2003) [#11]
Could we possibly see a piccy, I would love to see what it can do =)

Techlord(Posted 2003) [#12]
@Dr Av.

Thanks for recommendation. Our Editor will use Plasma's GUI System and also provide editing capabilities for many other 'specific' aspects of the plasma engine.

EdzUp

Developmental HUD

2D/3D Plasma GUI System

Gunvertor(TM) Weapon System

Interactivity Demo

Techlord(Posted 2003) [#13]
To all interested parties,

Project Plasma is very much alive and well. I have returned from a long needed break to continue coding. I'm currently working on the scripting system and trying to keep up with documentation. There have been several changes to the original engine design and game design. I will be posting an updated diagrams in the near future.

A big thanks goes out to Dev (T-Bogard) who has remained steadfast and dedicated to this project and all others who have made contributions. Any and all contributions are still welcomed.

I will be happy to address specific questions in regards to the engine or game design.

Thanks for your attention.

TL

myspys(Posted 2003) [#14]
hiya

been reading a bit about this project, and just downloaded the code

the engine stats you posted are now 3 months old, can we have an update?

and if one would like to contribute, where should one start? :)

and is the latest code available on the website?

thanks