=======================================
Download Demos of development.

Info Demo

OS Windows
Key W: Move Front
key S : Move Back
Zoom : Wheel mouse.
Camera Free : Mouse
Button Right Mouse : Camera Free move player Front.
Jump: Key Space.
On/OFF Menu : Key Escape.
Walk : Key Shifth Lefth.

To compile scripts, in the Scripts directory there is an executable called Machine Virtual.exe, it is just run it and the script is compiled into the root directory. Now it's just run the game (start.exe) and run the custom script.

The default functions are Start and Update.

You can create other custom functions, classes, interfaces, and this will improve over time.

Variables for scripting the game for now are.

player
ship
sun

Sample
TurnEntity ( player, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 0 );

Commands Script

=======================================

Yue(Posted May) [#2]
Camera Free Move Front. :)

Rick Nasher(Posted May) [#3]
Hehehe, cool dude. Is the robot's name Constructobot? ;-)

Yue(Posted May) [#4]
@Rick Nasher

I was thinking of a robot engineer on Mars. : D

I have two characters with different skeletons, one is for the game itself, walking and running movements, the other that has more bones, serves for animated sequences inside the game, where it can move the mouth and the fingers.

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#5]
is this rug doll on xors too YUE?

Yue(Posted May) [#6]
@Hardcoalt
I can not understand the comment, the translator of google does not help me much.

New video.

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#7]
is this robot made with Xors3d?

Yue(Posted May) [#8]
No, the robot is not made with Xors3D, it was downloaded from Yobi3D, all I have done is put the skeleton and animate it.

In Xors3D if I am loading the model for the possible game.

Yue(Posted May) [#9]
Ok, System for Player Jump. Ok.

Yue(Posted May) [#10]
Animation Idle for Robot. :)

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#11]
Yue how do you do those videos? which program you use to capture the screen?

Yue(Posted May) [#12]
Hardcoal, i am using badicam. :)

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#13]
ok thank you

Yue(Posted May) [#14]
My daughter says she walks as if she had shit on her clothes. :D

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#15]
lol yue..

Yue(Posted May) [#16]
Animation Walk.

Rick Nasher(Posted May) [#17]
Hehehe, your daughter has your sense of humor. :-)

Blitzplotter(Posted May) [#18]
LOL Yue, I agree with your daughter. Nice work.

Yue(Posted May) [#19]
He he he, My daughter laughs at the comments.

New Video, animations Idle, run y walk finish on game.

]

My daughter says she's squeezing her tail. Ha ha ha.

Yue(Posted May) [#20]
Player Jump Animation.

Yue(Posted May) [#21]
Player Jump on Game :D

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#22]
YUE you are funny guy :p

Yue(Posted May) [#23]

:)

Yue(Posted May) [#24]
Test Camera Free.

Rick Nasher(Posted May) [#25]
Nice progress.

Yue(Posted May) [#26]
Menu Start. :D

Yue(Posted May) [#27]
Edit First Post. New Demo Free Robot Alpha 2.2 Download DropBox.

OS Windows.

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#28]
Bless You

Yue(Posted May) [#29]

Emergency capsule after entering the atmosphere

Yue(Posted May) [#30]
Menu Start.

Yue(Posted May) [#31]

Script test for the game. The idea is to help me create the missions of the game using scripts. : D

It seems that everything is on track.

Ide Angel Script: http://arnholm.org/angelscript-csg-ide/

Yue(Posted May) [#32]

Too slow on my computer. :(

RemiD(Posted May) [#33]
@Yue>>for your particles, you want to use copyentity() of a quad mesh with one mesh one surface or one mesh with one surface made of up to 16000 quads (or 32000 quads if you don't care about compatibilty issues).
This way the 3d engine will render only one mesh one surface.

Also, try to not use alpha but rather mask for your texture. (and play with blendmodes to make it look like a smoke (i would suggest blendmode add))

Try it !

Yue(Posted May) [#34]
In Xors3D the particle system is created based on vertices. I do not understand the process very well but with wireframe they do not look square.

Yue(Posted May) [#35]
Creates a new particle system and returns its handle.

Particle system is a special entity which unifies emitters and particles. The number of emitters and particles in a particle system is arbitrary. The optional pointSprites parameter allows you to choose the type of particles: point sprites or traditional quads. Point sprites offer a nice advantage over the normal method of rendering particles. Normally you would create a rectangle using four view-aligned vertices set to the appropriate texture coordinates. With point sprites you can simply use one vertex for every particle! Therefore they require less bandwidth, so you can render more particles using point sprites instead of using the old method, and you don't have to manually adjust the vertices to be aligned with the view vector. However, some features of point sprites (e.g. scaling) are not supported on older video cards available.

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#36]
i had problems with the xors3d particles system

Yue(Posted May) [#37]
In my case my card is gs 7100 is very bad.

Yue(Posted May) [#38]
test on other computer.
On the way back from my house in an Internet room

Yue(Posted May) [#39]
Test Particle.

Yue(Posted June) [#40]
Working on Hud. :D

Yue(Posted June) [#41]
Hud Energy Full

Hud Low Energy

Yue(Posted June) [#42]
Test Energy Hud.

col(Posted June) [#43]
I always follow the projects that you create. I like how you create a great scenario for a game from what initially seems like a bad idea. Very imaginative!

Do you think you'll make/finish a game from any of your examples?

Hardcoal(Posted June) [#44]
We love yue!
Your stuff makes me smile..

Plus you're the only one i know who still uses xors3d on earth

Yue(Posted June) [#45]
@Col
This game if I'm going to finish it, it's time, I think I've learned what it takes to create a simple game and most importantly playable.

What has already been learned must be reflected in somethin.

@Hardcoal

Xors3D something strange. I never understood why the project was abandoned. But even as this looks interesting to do something. It's like Simpson's twin brother. :D

Yue(Posted June) [#46]

Test CreateCube on file script.

// Variables Globales.
int cube;
const  int True = 1;
const int False = 0;
// function Start.
void Start()
{

cube = CreateCube(False);

}

// Function Update.
void Update()
{

TurnEntity ( cube, 1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f );

}

Yue(Posted June) [#47]
Test EntityAlpha on Script Player.

// Variables Globales.
int cube;
int player;
const  int True = 1;
const int False = 0;
// function Start.
void Start()
{

cube = CreateCube(False);
	 EntityAlpha ( player,0.5f);

}

// Function Update.
void Update()
{

TurnEntity ( cube, 1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f );

}

Hardcoal(Posted June) [#48]
Yue what is the advantages of using the xors script?

Yue(Posted June) [#49]
The main advantage is that the users of the game can create mods using personalized scripts. In this case I am implementing it for someone interested to create personal missions. For example the command EntityAlpha from the script, can permiter a kind of camouflage.

Yue(Posted June) [#50]
System Scripting

Within the root directory of the game, a directory called Scripts has been created. Within this file you can create scripts in the separate notepad. In essence there are two basic scripts, one called System.txt, which contains link variables for objects within the base file, which should not be modified.

The other file is called main.txt, and it is where you have two functions a call Start, and another Update. Within the Start function, the value of the variables, whether global or local, is initialized. The local varibles are the ones that stand out from any function.

In the Update function the game is updated, for example to rotate a cube consistently measured by TurnEntity, it is in upadate where that command must be placed.

The compilation of the scripts is to take all the script files inside the script directory and convert them into one, this is done by something I have called virtual machine, and creates a file called GameScript.scr in the root directory of the game, where When the game is started the file is detected and the custom script is executed.

For this to happen, it is thanks to the user Grisu.

Http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=108108

Within the directory you can have several txt files, one for example for variables, functions, classes, interfaces etc.

Yue(Posted June) [#51]
Test Scripting on Game.

Rick Nasher(Posted June) [#52]
Wow. You have really made great progress Yue. You are using some really advanced techniques here.

Only thing I wondering about is if scripting isn't going to make the execution more slow? Also: are the scripts interpreted in realtime or pre-compiled?

Yue(Posted June) [#53]
@Rick Nasher

Hi, I think it's slower. The script is compiled into memory and runs, In my case I do not see much difference in slowness, it always goes to the same 7 fps, so the idea is for someone to do missions for the game.

Rick Nasher(Posted June) [#54]
7fps is terrible indeed. I think more should be doable in a simple start scene like this.

Standard Blitz3d combined with FastExt and Bullet physics should still be able to give you more fps which might be more workable for you, even though it hasn't got all the fancy OOP and multi-threading stuff of BlitzMax.

Did you try this to see if is more suitable for project like this?
Or are there special things you need from Max/XorS3D?

Yue(Posted June) [#55]

The problem is my graphics card, the previous one has died a 9800 gt of a giga capacitance in memory, I now have a 7100 of 256 megs. The biggest consumption on my computer is the system of shadows which forms a bottleneck and does not work well, but if I remove the shadows everything is 30 fps, I think something happens to that card, it does not work correctly but it is what I have.

The return to Blitz, I really do not think, I loved the object-oriented programming system and I think the next step, if all goes well, is to jump to Monkey 2 in 3D.

Yue(Posted June) [#56]
Ok, New Demo, version 2.2.1, Scripts for User.

Sample Script.
// ********************
// File Main Script.
// ********************

// Variables Globales.

int torus;
// Function Main.
void Main()
{
	torus = CreateTorus (16,  1.0f,  0.025f, 0 );
	PositionEntity ( torus, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0 );
	life = 50; // Life Player

EntityColor ( torus, 255, 0, 0 );		

}

// Function Update.
void Update()
{

TurnEntity ( sun, 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f, 1 ); 
	EntityAlpha(player,1.0f);
	EntityAlpha ( ship, 1.0f );

}

RemiD(Posted June) [#57]
i think that you confuse scripts to create new missions or provoke events or add/remove things in the world or modify the state of some entities in a game (with a custom simplified syntax/commands), and what you do here which seems rather pointless considering there is no game...

Maybe try to make some mods or fan missions for existing games, this will give you some ideas...

Yue(Posted June) [#58]
All the commands for the scripts, now the next step is to create a game with what I already have.

@RemiD

I'm going to build the game. :)

Yue(Posted June) [#59]
He began to create the first mission after the robot crash on Mars.
The mission is to find the refuge as quickly as possible, following a dust storm threat on Mars. To get to the shelter you have to follow some extractors in the ground of an underground base, you do not have much time ...

The scripts go this way.

RemiD(Posted June) [#60]
what i am trying to say is that a scripting language to mod a game (or create custom missions) is usually simplified and limited whereas it seems that your scripts are the same thing that you could code in Blitz3d/Xors3d.

Yue(Posted June) [#61]
The refuge to escape the sandstorm.

@RemiD

I am aware of some things, I hope to improve this over time. The idea is to make this as easy as possible.

Yue(Posted June) [#62]

Yue(Posted June) [#63]

From the internal engine I'm trying to create different effects for the particle system, in this case create a sandstorm. So as always, test and error with the particle system.

Yue(Posted June) [#64]

Creating the sand storm system.

Rick Nasher(Posted June) [#65]
Nice effect. I remember an interesting piece of code that was able to create different zones with different effects. Ah found it, it's called DST_Dust-Engine. Dunno if is useful for is in plain Blitz3d, but just in case grab it. Is downloadable here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=55085

Yue(Posted June) [#66]
@Rick Thanks You! :)

Facing the storm on Mars.

Yue(Posted June) [#67]

:S