MX23D

Community Forums/Showcase/MX23D

skidracer(Posted April) [#1]

Hopefully there will be a blog update from Mark soon, IMHO this looks amazing.

AdamStrange(Posted April) [#2]
Yum, yum yum yum yum......

c0Zm1c(Posted April) [#3]
Impressive.

Flanker(Posted April) [#4]
First a physic engine then shadows, this is getting very nice. I don't know much about monkey softwares, but this upcoming 3d engine makes me interested.

GW(Posted April) [#5]
this upcoming 3d engine makes me interested

Agreed. In just a few weeks Marks new engine has leaped over openb3d or any other Bmax 3d library. I hope one day it can be back-ported over to Bmax.

Yue(Posted April) [#6]
A question to the experts: That asks for some modern graphic card ?, my card is from 2008

Panno(Posted April) [#7]
:)

Playniax(Posted April) [#8]
Great!

Rick Nasher(Posted April) [#9]
Awesomemore!!

..I hope one day it can be back-ported over to Bmax.

I second that one, orrrr.. (wait a minute, here's a frighteningly new idea that's perhaps more functional and future proof):
>>> Build a Blitz Basic NG wrapper-layer on top of Monkey2?? <<<

That would give us the ultimate dream:
up-to-date 3d engine with physics, OOP, x64, Blitz Basic syntax and usable on all platforms from PC to Mac to Linux to Android to iPhone to Pi. I think this might actually be more easy to do than *any* of the NG rework/update attempts of Blitz3d/Max if I'm correct.
(please correct me if I'm wrong)

skidracer(Posted April) [#10]
If monkey2 can produce dynamic libraries I was thinking an MX3D SDK would be a way for Mark to monetise this technology going forward.

First things first, a core dev team need to produce a collection of demos in the same league as the original Blitz3D demo set.

Naughty Alien(Posted April) [#11]

..I hope one day it can be back-ported over to Bmax.

..thats something what will make me back in a matter of seconds..

degac(Posted April) [#12]
+1 skidracer

Hardcoal(Posted April) [#13]
Amen to what alien Said..

therevills(Posted April) [#14]
If MX3D could be used for BlitzMax, it'll only be for OpenGL... not really a bad thing if you are targeting that platform, but BlitzMax does support DirectX and OpenGL.

skidracer(Posted April) [#15]
I had a demo today, DX12 and OpenGL drivers seemed to run about the same on Marks nvidia 9800 windows machine. IMHO once shaders are compiled the overhead of the DirectX emulation by Angle is pretty thin / tight.

therevills(Posted April) [#16]
Good to know, Skid!

I havent really played with Angle, how stable/reliable is it? Is it production ready? Could you say your app supports DX with 100% certainty?

skidracer(Posted April) [#17]
Angle is basis of WebGL on Chrome browser and others.

Blitzplotter(Posted May) [#18]
Sweet looking 3D wobbly towers ;)