TU2 update

Community Forums/Showcase/TU2 update

MadJack(Posted April) [#1]
Not strictly Blitz based, but hope the mods can overlook.

Latest TU2 update;
http://steamcommunity.com/app/523030/discussions/0/133261907145174074/

Matty(Posted April) [#2]
Looks nice.

I played a demo of either the first or second one several years ago. I liked the look of it although I was not very good at it. I've never been good at first person shooter type games.

But it is very polished.

Hope it does well for you.

MadJack(Posted April) [#3]
Matty

It won't do well.

The fact is there's just too many games coming out.
Also it's PC only, avowedly single-player, still in early access and the graphics are simple.

If I was feeling cynical I might also add it doesn't have voxels, survival gameplay, zombies, ironic pixel art or any form of crafting.

But that would just be if I was cynical.

The name of the game these days is to not go for a big hit but to have a library of smaller titles who's monthly sales add up.

Flanker(Posted April) [#4]
Nice demo, I like the ambiance and gameplay, good job. The story would be better with voices, but it may be too heavy ?

degac(Posted April) [#5]

Also it's PC only, avowedly single-player, still in early access and the graphics are simple.

If I was feeling cynical I might also add it doesn't have voxels, survival gameplay, zombies, ironic pixel art or any form of crafting.

very GOOD facts to play something different!

Personally I found zombies so 'boring'.
Crafting & survival... I spent my day at work 'crafting & surviving' boss & problems and it's enough!!!

You should use these 'cons' (in your opinion) to build-up an ad campaign ...

ps: I think YT video are too much 'long'... I think you should be able to 'catch the attention' of the potential customer in less than 2 minutes (with into and outro)

MadJack(Posted April) [#6]
degac

Agree - I can't get with crafting games that require me to make the game's content. That's the game dev's job.

Having said that, I am a big fan of Subnautica. But then that doesn't go the full crafting route where you've got to build something brick by brick. Instead you can build your undersea base module by module.

Also - agree about the YT vid - 'no zombies, no crafting, not available on mobile, just TANKS!' or something like that? The vid needs to be way more punchy and exciting but I'm focused on dev at the moment.

Also, although I said the game won't do well over the short term, I'm confident it will have a long tail and sell consistently over the years. Sales on Tu1 have pretty much dried up now but it was making money over eight years or so.

Naughty Alien(Posted April) [#7]
..im very confident that multiplayer feature in TU will make it far far more attractive for many people and for sure large userbase..nature of TU really asking for it..i know ill be kicking it all around online hehe..its simple, straightforward, and just brilliant for multiplayer..i really hope you add that at some point..

LineOf7s(Posted April) [#8]
just brilliant for multiplayer..i really hope you add that at some point..

avowedly single-player

Multiplayer doesn't seem likely.

MadJack(Posted April) [#9]
I know very little about MP.

Is there two main ways of doing it?

A dedicated server which the dev runs and all mp games tie into that
or
where one of the players hosts the other players?

Naughty Alien(Posted April) [#10]

where one of the players hosts the other players?

..this is one of the options i play most of the time on L4D2 .. hosted game is available/visible for all players who wanna join..TU is trully brilliant for such gameplay..i see soooooo much fun chasing with buddies around and kicking each other tanks..add voice option so we can 'talk trash' to each other during combat, and mann..its killer.. :)

Side question (to MJ),
Do you have any info about this Caffeinated 3D ?? It suddenly turned to be veeeerryyyy quiet there..is that option yet another bust?

MadJack(Posted April) [#11]
na

I've been keeping an eye on it.

Didn't have much luck with loading and displaying a B3d file in version 1.1, but I didn't spend a lot of time on it. Really needs to come with a simple sample file to test out its loading conventions.

From what I can see they're developing V1.2 which should be out in the nearish future and incorporates Vulkan.

I don't get the impression it's not an on-going concern.

Blitzplotter(Posted April) [#12]
Nice to see ongoing dev with TU2, I've also issues with real life (TM) getting in the way of coding at the mo.