Fiscal Kombat

Community Forums/Showcase/Fiscal Kombat

Bobysait(Posted April) [#1]
So I was out for a moment, and the reason is this game you may or not have heard about ...
We just launched it in the evening.

It's a free 2D online game (full javascript) optimized for chrome.
The press massively talked about it, I hope you'll enjoy
The web integration is not of mine, I only built all the engine, scripts, behaviors and almost all the graphics.
(So, You'll find my name (several times) in the credits as the main developper graphist animator and ... author of the intro and credit music for the project ^_^)

http://www.fiscalkombat.fr

But, just to mention, the server temporarily enable to feed al the request, because we didn't intend it to to get a massive amount of players at once, currently more than 3000 people on it and some thousands more waiting to get in ...

skidracer(Posted April) [#2]
Well done! Any plans for an english version? Is it just the arrow keys? Was my player just accused of being homosexual??? :)

Bobysait(Posted April) [#3]
Arraws and "Space" when the blue bar is up

"Was my player just accused of being homosexual??? :) "
euuuh ... what ?

for english, I assume it will be on the next update

steve_ancell(Posted April) [#4]
I just had a play and got the crap kicked out of me LOL. I like the graphics BTW ;)

therevills(Posted April) [#5]
Cool little game... but I thought this showcase was for games made by BRL products? I dont mind though, its nice to see what others are creating :)

degac(Posted April) [#6]
Nice :)
Good graphics (and very cute caricature of some french politic men - I would like to see Carla with her guitar :) )

Reading the title (Fiscal Kombat) my first thought was: I've already lost !

BlitzSupport(Posted April) [#7]
Just had a quick go -- really cool shakedown and throw mechanic! Graphically it's arcade-quality and an amusing idea for a beat-em-u... er, shake-em-up. Nicely done!

Bobysait(Posted April) [#8]
@therevills

Cool little game... but I thought this showcase was for games made by BRL products? I dont mind though, its nice to see what others are creating :)

Well, just support it for now, assuming it will get back to the blitz website in few monthes.
less than 24 hours ago the game was not available, today I've already been invited to 3 conferences for video games and some people offered me some chocolates ( :D )
the stats on the site indicates 730 games started every minutes, it's talked in "Le Monde", "Le Figaro", "La tribune" and a loooot more french news papers (actually, their website counterpart) And at last but not least, Jean Luc Melenchon himself talked about it in the national JT.

Now, let's get back to the blitz website -> the credits of the game links my pseudo to my website (where you can find a webgl demo of the javascript portage of the bigbang engine), the counter on my website just exploded since yesterday (like, it passed from 250 total visits in a year to more than 50000 visits) It all comes from the credits of the game
My website will soon be upgraded because I'm almost ready for the bigbang engine to be available.
If the webgl part is free, it's only availabe for owners of the blitzmax version.

Sooooo ... just consider this is all related to BRL product at least inderctly.

ps : you can also consider I've passed a long time on the blitz community helping people doing their stuff. I think maybe I can be considered a bit for that.

ps 2 :
I plan on making a desktop version (with the 2D part of my blitzmax' bigbang engine),

------------------------------------------

Glad you liked it, I really didn't expect it to be so well appreciated. As I'm really not a 2D guy, and not really a graphist by the way.

Reading the title (Fiscal Kombat) my first thought was: I've already lost !

Yeah, I've the same feeling :D ... but the game makes me forget about it ... until we "die"

Rick Nasher(Posted April) [#9]
Very, very nicely done. Quite amusing even though have to really dig deep into my French language teachings.. Lol.

Derron(Posted April) [#10]

At first glance I thought I had to fight Albert Einstein :-)

I like the caricatured sprites, they look good and distinguishable. But I prefer that background even more. Good retro look.

A pity I am not allowed to pick up the trash bin but of course this would add more cruelty.

bye
Ron

steve_ancell(Posted April) [#11]
I think that one looks more like Esther Rantzen.

Xerra(Posted April) [#12]
Liked this little game. Especially the parallax scrolling.

Definitely reminds me of playing Kung Fu Master back in the day. Pity my French is so poor as I have no idea what the text is all about.

Good luck with getting the word even further.