Artifact Quest 2

Community Forums/Showcase/Artifact Quest 2

AntonM(Posted March) [#1]
Hi, guys! Our match3 game written in BlitzMax has been released on BFG! Also, please support us on steam greenlight http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=888375514

xlsior(Posted March) [#2]
Looks like a nice game -- don't really get the hate in the steam greenlight for this. -?

Matty(Posted March) [#3]
I wouldn't buy it (not my cup of tea) - but yeah the comments on Steam are pretty awful...if they can't say anything nice why say anything at all!

Well done on making a game...it looks neat and tidy and polished.

AdamStrange(Posted March) [#4]
Well, the game looks nice and professionally finished with good looking fonts, images, etc.

So kudos for making it.

As for the steam comments. There are only 5 and they are pretty tame:
- No more of this please
- A new scammer is born
- uninspired <removed>
- Take it to some shop for mobile phone games. Doesn't really look like it belongs on a computer.

Taking the comments.
They don't really want to see this, They feel it's just another clone, They feel it would be more at home on mobile.

Firstly, it is rather uninspired and does look like a mobile game (of which there are countless of that sort)

I would take what you have got and run with it, it still looks great. If the resources are bought in, then maybe try something different. as for the game itself. again maybe try something that isn't just a rehash of tired old formats.

it is a good pointer to maybe try something that doesn't look like a mobile conversion, or maybe even try it on mobile instead. But the haters will always hate - so don't get disheartened. ;)

Blitzplotter(Posted March) [#5]
looks good to me, well done on finishing your game and releasing on steam ;)

degac(Posted March) [#6]
Clear graphics and congratulation!

I think that BigFishGames & Co have this kind of games of own core business... there's still a market.
So Steam's comment must be carefully interpreted (probably people who likes only FPS or other type of game)

therevills(Posted March) [#7]
Looks great for the target market! Good job!

If you dont want to put your game on Steam yourself via the Greenlight process you can ask BFG if they would like to publish it for you there.

Xaron(Posted March) [#8]
Well Greenlight will be removed pretty soon anyway. So you will be able to publish it on Steam without all these naysayers. ;)

xlsior(Posted March) [#9]
Well Greenlight will be removed pretty soon anyway. So you will be able to publish it on Steam without all these naysayers. ;)

IF you're willing to pay the entrance fee for doing so -- any word on how much they're asking yet?