Legends of Solitaire TriPeaks - Android

Community Forums/Showcase/Legends of Solitaire TriPeaks - Android

therevills(Posted 2017) [#1]
Our latest Android game written in Monkey-X and using the Diddy framework has been released:

Legends of Solitaire TriPeaks:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.therevillsgames.lostripeaks

Have a play :)

degac(Posted 2017) [#2]
Congratulations!
Downloading it now !

Derron(Posted 2017) [#3]
If you need a German tranalation (play store and ingame) feel free to mail me.

But until then: it does not run on my android 5 device... No force close ..nothing. will check adb and syslogs when at my computer again.

Bye
Ron

Matty(Posted 2017) [#4]
Played samsung galaxy s5 android 5...runs beautifully. Nice game.

Derron(Posted 2017) [#5]
If one is interested in it:
here is my logcat for the solitaire-process on my android smartphone:

https://gist.github.com/GWRon/d068d53a37f51528ddcc7502a886fe81

- I get a smaller exception in "SensorManagerFlow" (and yes, I have XPrivacy set to give the game the real data, not faked one)
- it fails to load some remote modules
- seems to have problems with some video profiles (3gpp, mp4v-es, ..) maybe because of the problems with the modules
- dlopen("/system/app/webview/lib/arm/libwebviewchromium.so", RTLD_LAZY) failed: dlopen failed: "/system/app/webview/lib/arm/libwebviewchromium.so" is 64-bit instead of 32-bit
-> seems it searches for a 32bit library and only finds the 64bit one
- runtime exception with invalid reflection code
- all ending in an fatal exception

Maybe it is the "admob" integration which makes it flaw? I only tried my demo app build with BMX-NG and it worked - and my "Ape's Banana Conquest" done with Monkey-X Pro (but no ad integration or so) and it works as expected.

If you do care: You could send me an APK with the game itself being "disabled" and some debug added - or without "admob" or whatever. So we could check what is happening there (maybe it happens to others too?).

bye
Ron

Steve Elliott(Posted 2017) [#6]

Steve Elliott(Posted 2017) [#7]
Looks lovely. Characters are hardly menacing though ;) As a Welshman I like my Dragons with a bit more roar, and less like they've just farted and giving a cheesy grin of embarrassment lol. Good luck with your latest though.

One I took of a real Dragon ;) coming up through the muddy bank.

Linkage

therevills(Posted 2017) [#8]
Thanks for the feedback guys :)

@Derron - really appreciate you getting the logcat log! Havent seen those errors before... I'll look at how to fix it. That is the one thing that really gets to me about Android dev, the app works on thousands of devices and can fail on a few!

Matty(Posted 2017) [#9]
Hey therevills....

It looks tough even for casual card games now. You've been out for a week or a bit more and you've had between 10-50 downloads in that time....(1 is me), only 1 review (mine - 5 star), I'd imagine you're struggling to make any income with those numbers from android.

Do you have any thoughts on how you will increase the downloads?

Xaron(Posted 2017) [#10]
One download is mine and a review as well. HA! Well ya, tough times, especially on the mobile platforms. You simply won't be found within tons of crap anymore. Personally I've made quite some money with my sub game (to my surprise) but that's quite a niche. Casual is almost impossible to make money nowadays even with this quite polished game!

I know one guy who blasted $40k into marketing to make his game more visible with the effect of making $3k with his free game up to now.

It's almost impossible to get into the casual gaming, especially as there are dozens of template games out there where you just change the artwork and can publish it without any coding knowledge....

Ah and when I may suggest something: Replace that standard banner ad with a smart banner (do you use Admob?). That way it will fit into the landscape layout much much better.

therevills(Posted 2017) [#11]
Thanks a lot guys for the reviews! Really appreciate it!

Replace that standard banner ad with a smart banner (do you use Admob?).

Yeah, its the module from MonkeyX.

Do you have any thoughts on how you will increase the downloads?

I'm going to try cross promotion. Chef Solitaire USA TriPeaks still has quite a few players, so I'm planning on adding a button/ad in there.

Matty(Posted March) [#12]
I've been following your various solitaire games on facebook - checking out the download counts vs time for each of them...Chef Solitaire is doing very well - you must be very pleased.

Your most recent game must be mildly disappointing however to have between 100 and 500 downloads after a month since release? (Still it's better than some of mine - 4 downloads in 6 months!)

It's pleasing to see a fellow blitzer doing better on the Play store....

Well done.

therevills(Posted March) [#13]
Thanks for the support Matty!

Chef has done very nicely for us, no idea how it became popular but with Admob its a nice little earner!