a boardgame tool, it allows you to measure on a tv or monitor

Community Forums/Showcase/a boardgame tool, it allows you to measure on a tv or monitor

Mainsworthy(Posted 2017) [#1]

https://numbergamer8.itch.io/template-app-for-boardgames-on-a-pc

grable, I put you in the credits, because I used some code from the code archive of yours, I did lots to it, but you gave me the start I needed thanks

. its a boardgame tool, it allows you to measure on a tv or monitor , things you need to know in boardgames an miniatures. it pastes a template on the screen that you can rotate of any shape, so imagine Warhammer where you need to know who was in the blast area, you would use a circle, what makes this worth doing is it works with vassal.

Derron(Posted 2017) [#2]
How to bring the TV to the board?

Bye
Ron

Mainsworthy(Posted 2017) [#3]
if you have ever played digital boardgames , like vassal.org its free with thousands of boardgames to play.

or Virtual tabletops , this app helps that

coffeedotbean(Posted 2017) [#4]
is it like the Magnavox Odyssey? Stick a perspects game board on the TV and move lights around?

Mainsworthy(Posted 2017) [#5]
that's great :)

Vassal is a digital tabletop, with lots of free games , all you need are the rules of the particular boardgame, and some have the rules already with the module, and some are free.

its a perfect version of a real boardgame. vassal.org, look at the download modules files button top of page

Derron(Posted 2017) [#6]
Ok,so it is for digital boardgames.

Hmm - for now I prefer the "paper/cardboard"-based ones (btw: played "Space Crusade" last saturday - after ~25yrs on the shelf)

TV is used here for retro gaming (NES, SNES or 90s PC Games like Atomic Bomberman).

Maybe times change if things like that MS computer-table get cheap products for every household (doubt it for now).

bye
Ron

Mainsworthy(Posted 2017) [#7]
we all prefer real card and paper, its for playing other people in the world with multiplayer, and solo. its great you should give it a look, also if your disabled you may not be able to use a table only a PC.