The Last Prisoner

Community Forums/Showcase/The Last Prisoner

vinnicius(Posted 2017) [#1]
News, graphics and details!

In a world beyond our time prisoners of war are guarded by machines. Located on a desolate island, somewhere on planet Earth is a secret prison where automatons guard these dangerous prisoners.

It is a turbulent time and the the war continues as rulers issue absurd edicts.

You are a prisoner.
On this day you realise that something is different.
Your captors have ceased their visits - and the automatons are gone.

You wonder to yourself - are you alone? Where is everyone - are they dead?

Imperium(Posted 2017) [#2]
I tried to spruce it up. :)

In a world far beyond the present day, prisoners of a forgotten war were guarded by sentient machines. The only world you know is this secret prison. Echoes begin to surface that the war is not over, a resistance has formed. Then one day the visits of from the machine overlords stop…. Are you alone? Are they all dead? Has the resistance freed you?
You venture out into unknown dangers, uncertain of your fate.

What is censored out in the screen above? Is this a survival game or FPS? Looks good!

Yue(Posted 2017) [#3]
It is said that this world is ruled by shadows by Donald Trump. XD

Imperium(Posted 2017) [#4]
You're thinking of George Soros!

coffeedotbean(Posted 2017) [#5]
Whats behind the black boxes? what are you hiding? what are your intentions for this planet? there are 2 boxes the number of letters in "box" is 3, half-life 3 confirmed.

MadJack(Posted 2017) [#6]
Is that a newspaper or drain grating?

vinnicius(Posted 2017) [#7]

Imperium(Posted 2017) [#8]
Not sure what is lighting that room, a torch perhaps? Looking good though! :)

Matty(Posted 2017) [#9]
My take on translating your initial text:

This is a world beyond our time, where prisoners of war are guarded by complex machines. A secret prison built on an isolated island somewhere on planet earth. Automated robots take care of the prisoners. All prisioners are dangerous.

The world is going through turbulent times. The war continues and the world regresses in absurd decisions of the rulers.

One day you (prisioner) realize that something is wrong. The periodic visits of the soldiers stopped happening. And the robots are gone.

Are you alone? Are they all dead? In a difficult situation, you have to do something.

to this:
In a world beyond our time prisoners of war are guarded by machines. Located on a desolate island, somewhere on planet Earth is a secret prison where automatons guard these dangerous prisoners.

It is a turbulent time and the the war continues as rulers issue absurd edicts.

You are a prisoner.
On this day you realise that something is different.
Your captors have ceased their visits - and the automatons are gone.

You wonder to yourself - are you alone? Where is everyone - are they dead?

It is time you acted.....

RemiD(Posted 2017) [#10]
the shapes/texelsize/texelscale/textures look ok but your normals seem all messed up... therefore the lighting/shading is sometimes incorrect and incoherent...
This can be due to a wrong use of smoothinggroups or to a buggy exporter (i suggest to use Fragmotion, the b3d export works well...)

vinnicius(Posted 2017) [#11]
Yes!

I have to adjust the walls texture. This is not well positioned yet.

This is just the feeling of the level. I have to cut out some faces of the models and put a secondary light to turn it more real.

And I will add a light lamp 3d model to that of course.

RemiD(Posted 2017) [#12]
which lighting/shading do you use ? vertices lighting/shading (dx7 lights or vertices colors) or texels lighting/shading (lightmap texture) ? it looks like vertices lighting/shading, (with messed up normals)

vinnicius(Posted 2017) [#13]
I think that the best approach is to use both lightmaps/vertex lights. But I can't create lightmaps with 3ds max (3ds). So I'm not planning to use that.

I don't know about normals. What it means in this case (meshes). Can you tell me more about it?

What problems are you seeing and how can I fix it when necessary...

Matty(Posted 2017) [#14]

RemiD(Posted 2017) [#15]
smoothinggroups are used to define how a shape/partofashape will be structured, that is if triangles will share vertices (with average normals) or use duplicated vertices (with different normals) in order to produce the wanted lighting/shading.
This is especially important if you use vertices lighting/shading (with dx7 lights or vertex color)
for example, for the same shape, a cube, it could be made of 8vertices 12triangles (without duplicated vertices, which corresponds to a smoothinggroup of 180) or 24vertices 12triangles (with some duplicated vertices, which corresponds to a smoothinggroup of 89)

so, you want to use different smoothinggroups for different shapes/partsofshapes so the lighting/shading looks convincing.
an illustration of the impact of smoothinggroups on different shapes

the value corresponds to the maximum angle between 2 triangles
if the angle is smaller, the same vertex will be used by the 2 triangles (shared vertex)
if the angle is bigger, a different vertex will be used by the 2 triangles (duplicated vertex)
so basically with a smoothinggroup of 180, the shape will be welded (there will be no duplicated vertices)
and with a smoothinggroup of 89 (90-1) some parts of the shape will be welded, some not (there will be some duplicated vertices)

it seems that your scene only use a smoothinggroup of 180 for all shapes, hence the weird lighting/shading...

vinnicius(Posted 2017) [#16]
I am going to take some pictures outside to make textures. When I return I will read it again and try to understand.

Thank you!

vinnicius(Posted 2017) [#17]

Blitzplotter(Posted 2017) [#18]
Nice work ;)

Imperium(Posted 2017) [#19]
Good improvement! Lighting can be tricky to learn.

vinnicius(Posted 2017) [#20]
I am so happy with the results. I have made the doors and stuff and it is working. The game seems to not have that Blitz3d style now. :P

K(Posted 2017) [#21]
Good work on making the wall tex seamless.. now if you work the middle a bit you can hide that butterfly-shaped warp. :)

Sounds like a very promising idea. Survival horror?

SabataRH(Posted 2017) [#22]
The game seems to not have that Blitz3d style now. :P

Have we all just been insulted? :)>

vinnicius(Posted June) [#23]
I am working on it yet. :D

Hardcoal(Posted June) [#24]
Good luck!