Grimoire of Worlds new video

Community Forums/Showcase/Grimoire of Worlds new video

grindalf(Posted 2017) [#1]
So I thought I would make a new topic as the old one is full of old images ect
Ive added in a lot of new stuff, including limited crafting, new enemies, animals and many other things.
Random generation now has extra types of city walls, world crystals village types and portals to choose from.
I still haven't added a main story line yet but that is what I am working on at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uez37DRINIE&feature=youtu.be

RemiD(Posted 2017) [#2]
The gameplay has quite improved, well done.

I also see that you have added some kind of creature similar to "pampa" (the cactus) from FF7,

;)

Matty(Posted 2017) [#3]
It looks really good....inspiring.

grindalf(Posted 2017) [#4]
@RemiD yeah the cactus enemy is inspired by the final fantasy Cactuar
Its supposed to stay still and imitate a normal cactus until you get close then attack you but at the moment I haven't wrote the wait ai so its using the default wander ai

And thanks for the kind words guys.
I haven't worked on this in a few weeks as I've been moving house but I've got a week off work now so I'm going to get back into it now.

AdamStrange(Posted 2017) [#5]
yep. starting to come together very well. Hope there is options for turning on/off music/sound?

OldNESJunkie(Posted 2017) [#6]
Looking good, cannot wait to try it out.

Imperium(Posted 2017) [#7]
I really love 3d games that have this retro aesthetic. Seems like a relaxing a fun game to play! Nice work.

K(Posted 2017) [#8]
WOOOOOAah. Incredible progression. You have my euros when it's done man.

grindalf(Posted March) [#9]

So I have building now working in game as well.
It wasn't a feature that I was originally intending to have but I think it makes games more fun so I thought what the heck.

degac(Posted March) [#10]
Very good, I missed this!
I like a lot the graphic style. I would like to play it!

Just some notes (looking at the video)
1. I noticed you can't see the enemy in 'front of you' due to the player: make some advise like an arrow upon the head of the potential enemy or just 'alpha' a little the player to see 'through' it;
2. the text is very tiny and not so readable

grindalf(Posted April) [#11]

So building is improving a bit more. Camera controls and building menu still needs work though

RemiD(Posted April) [#12]
Cool feature for the fans.

You will have to learn about "texture atlas" (putting several textures in one large texture) and merging surfaces which are near each others (like the parts of a building), if you want to prevent slowdowns due to the rendering of many surfaces.
Or the alternative is to use copyentity of a hidden "prefab". (for each part, like you probably do)

(but merging surfaces which share the same material and which are near (the parts of a building) is faster than copyentity anyway)

grindalf(Posted April) [#13]
Yeah at the moment I'm not merging the surfaces but I will do that soon.
On another note I started adding farming to the game.
At the moment it only works with red berry bushes but I will be adding more later.