I'm a FireStarter

Community Forums/Showcase/I'm a FireStarter

AdamStrange(Posted 2017) [#1]

?????

RemiD(Posted 2017) [#2]
the graphics remind me of Postal 1 :P

skidracer(Posted 2017) [#3]
I clicked on this expecting some animation with some rocking Prodigy, not fair!

Mainsworthy(Posted 2017) [#4]
them hexes look good together, I may do a better display loop on a game and give good graphics a go.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2017) [#5]
I was expecting a finished project.

AdamStrange(Posted 2017) [#6]
I'm teasing - there will be a download soon... Promise
Here's a previous screenshot

Matty(Posted 2017) [#7]
Looks good...not sure what the game is about though....I would like to see you finish a project eventually - you start so many.

AdamStrange(Posted 2017) [#8]
yep - agreed and determined to get this one finished

Derron(Posted 2017) [#9]
Smokers/alcohol addicts say something similar.

Hope you keep your word.

And of course you could ask for ideas and critics / help. You just need to make sure it does not result in a "longer and longer todo-list".

I assume it is a game which likes to have a "map editor" - so if there is one, users might contribute some levels (pay that a bit attention and make "levels/user/xy/level1.dat" available too - of course "missions" - level1, level2, level3 ... should be handled too).

bye
Ron

AdamStrange(Posted 2017) [#10]
Just for Derron.
Here's me working on a 'main map'

and an initial opening screen:

Derron(Posted 2017) [#11]
The cell spacing on that mapeditor-screen varies from vertical to horizontal. Is this only that way in the editor? The diagonal path/line is not connnecting the tiles now.

Of course this is no issue if this only happens in the map editor (I think it is that way because of the fake-3d-look of the tiles and the editor not being aware of the needed vertical displacement).

I assume your goal is to start a fire so it reaches certain goals in a level. If so... There should be people who try to extinguish the fires. And for this they need water. Fires at the shore might be faster extinguished than in the backcountrysides.

Do not forget about wind...and stronger blows on the shore.

Bye
Ron

Blitzplotter(Posted 2017) [#12]
Every time I see this post title, I keep thinking '...twisted firestarter...' and I'm catapulted back into 1993-4. Who needs a De-Lorean when you've the Prodigy and these forums.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2017) [#13]
Adam, hex games are fun arnt they, a new dimention to explore

AdamStrange(Posted 2017) [#14]
ok, getting much more finished now.
Here's the start screen

first help page

second help screen

and the first map showing timer on the left and goal on the right