Strayspells

Community Forums/Showcase/Strayspells

A4E(Posted 2017) [#1]
Strayspells - Strategy. Magic. Monsters. Adventure. Lots of crazy things.

Hey, I would like to show you a game I have been developing with Blitz3D.

I just updated the game 31. December 2016. Below is a trailer I made 5 months before that.

Its on my website http://selfuniverse.com/
You can see more links to content of the game here: http://selfuniverse.com/games.html

It is currently free / donation based.

Hope it is interesting and that you will enjoy it if you decide to try it.

Thanks to Mark Sibly for Blitz3D !! I even started out with Blitz Basic 2.1 on Amiga 20 years ago, and continued with Amiblitz. There are some games on aminet by me.

And Thanks to creator of Ideal. It is awesome.

Derron(Posted 2017) [#2]
You know you could add youtube videos right in the forums?

Your video:

bye
Ron

A4E(Posted 2017) [#3]
Oh, I did not know that. Thanks. :)

coffeedotbean(Posted 2017) [#4]
Interesting visuals, just some critic - video doesn't help explain the "game". Not played it as in work probs give it a bash later though.

A4E(Posted 2017) [#5]
Thanks coffedotbean! That gave me some ideas for next trailer. :)

RemiD(Posted 2017) [#6]
Weird graphics but at least it looks original !

A4E(Posted 2017) [#7]
I have had feedback before that suggests that it looks weird enough to perhaps be off putting. I am definitely looking for variation and crazyness and originality. Because anything 'standard' is boring for me. But at the same time I will be happy if more people try it, so that is a conundrum I guess.

RemiD(Posted 2017) [#8]
@A4E>>i have watched your video presentation of your video game and my suggestion to you would be to recreate it in a more structured way :
->what the game is about
->what are the environments/things/entities in the world
->what is the gameplay
->what are the combat tools available, (armors, weapons, spells) (different kinds of magic : physical, mental, attack, defense)
->what are the enemies
->what are the different game modes

Also for video games about magic, i suggest to take a look at diablo 2, Nox...

Good luck,

A4E(Posted 2017) [#9]
@RemiD. Thanks a lot! It seems so obvious when you say it like that. :)

I guess I was worried that the trailer would be too long and that maybe people would not be interested if its too long. But this is very good food for thought for a new video! Thanks again!

Brucey(Posted 2017) [#10]
Pah.
Real trailers are made with actors, lots of CGI, a good cinematic soundtrack and no actual game footage.
It should also be hyped-up across multiple media formats, no demo provided, and ensure all reviews are embargoed before your day of release.

With this, you cannot fail :-)