Rogue Pyramid Raider

Community Forums/Showcase/Rogue Pyramid Raider

Mainsworthy(Posted 2016) [#1]

Adam do you want to help with the art?

https://numbergamer8.itch.io/rogueamaze

Rogue Pyramid Raider, Adam do you want to help with the art?

Ive done a very basic setup, I made the program about escaping a pyramid with loot, put some art in for the pyramid and rooms and treasure, but would really like someone like you to give it the wow factor

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#2]
another brilliant concept

OK lets dive into this. First off graphics. lets get the concept operating and then work out from there.

1. you wake up in a tomb
2. wander around and nick the shiny stuff
3. get out - reach the exit location
4. avoid any traps, obstacles, etc
5. don't get caught by up the mummy

2 maps - current level showing rooms visited and pyramid map showing location of mummy

Note: I've added a mummy that moves around when you do

so basic maze with you and mummy moving
scatter treasure around

obstacles could be bats, scarabs, collapsing blocks, spears, etc. |Some rooms have traps some don't. all rooms have a timer that triggers ( some enemy after being in there too long - gives an added can't wait around feeling ??).

Next up would be presentation. In essence this is just attic-attac so you need a single room to start with, main character, etc. these can all be blocks to begin with.

Suggested title "Curse Of The Scarab", "Scarabesque"

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#3]
I worked on a game (unfinished) in a similar world, it was about finding "treasures" in ancient underground tombs, and there were "harmful entities" (skeletons) which were guarding the tombs, and "obstacles" (holes in the ground, rocks to jump above, traps to avoid), and "harmful things" (collapsing grounds walls ceilings columns, toxic dusts, toxic gazs, boiling water, steam, burning oil, lava), each level was supposed to have different environment/harmfulentities/harmfulthings.
With a gameplay similar to tomb raider / indiana jones but without the endless climbing (only walking/running/jumping/crouching) and simple enigmas/mechanisms to unlock doors.
Curious to see what you will manage to achieve.

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#4]
OK. First heres your concept shot:

and here's a very quick general reworking of the concept:

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#5]
Your characters are not of the same graphics style and not of the same perspective, this looks weird imo...

Maybe try with characters viewed from top down.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2016) [#6]
I love your art, It will take me a bit to do the mummy I think there may be several wondering mummys for the A.I. to be more practical for me to do, the two maps is great. I want the main object of the game to solve the maze by escaping.

I put a concept in so far that your a tomb raider, you find the centre but the doors seal you in , you have to find another way out picking up treasure as you go.

can you keep to my buttons and screen, save me redoing it all, but the maps I can do. the pit is supposed to be a way to go down rather than a trap, and we need stairs.

the room has several images superimposed, top door, bottom door, left door , right door, gold, gems, coins and art. stairs and hole to go down, I did this to allow art to be easily put in. I used an overlay.png for the base of each room. but I also made it so you can reduce the default overlay.png to nothing and there are 150 random room base pngs if you so wish.

I think the maze is hard enough without traps, but we can think on it. if we had traps and a mummy we need health etc...

I will get the maps and mummys done , I will post it when ive done it, I don't want to add much if possible, I was thinking mummys could block doors rather than harm you.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2016) [#7]
I think a png for a mummy at each door will be usefull for position , I want to keep it turn-based and simple. I don't know how many mummys or skeletens yet, but a lot of wondering around.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2016) [#8]
no maybe if the mummy catches you you dead, and maybe there is a few mummys on each level fo the pyramid, or a mummy and skeletens

Mainsworthy(Posted 2016) [#9]
ok I have thought about this, and I think one minimap is better, because it needs to be big enough to see the stairs up/down icons(this is important to gameplay its about the maze, so you need to know about the maze), and the mummy will only be in visible locations anyway, so a red square around the map cell with enemy.

I think the screen sizes I had are ok , just maybe shrink map so the nice glyphs you've done can fit but wider, and I will drop it lower so that great top you did will fit.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2016) [#10]
https://numbergamer8.itch.io/rogueamaze

Ok I resized the Map, then put the shiny pyramid level at the top right, The biggest thing I did was to create the blank walls then the doors get put ontop as you enter a room with doors they get superimposed ontop of the walls looks good, Its looking lots better , still its just the basic layout, Ive decided not mummy as I think the game is about solving the maze to escape, I know it suited a mummy but the game is a maze really, but I will still think on it.

I put your name on the front page of text as the program starts

Mainsworthy(Posted 2016) [#11]
I didnt hear back from you so I replaced the graphics with bad art for now incase the graphics you did was just concept and not for use, I will catch up with you in the new year