Race Time

Community Forums/Showcase/Race Time

skidracer(Posted 2016) [#1]
I'm pimping this game by Desperado because it's the most fun I've had on my Android tablet for a long time and it's a great example of the polish that can be achieved with Monkey-X.

This kind of release inspires me and I hope others too.

Google Play
Apple App Store

Hotshot2005(Posted 2016) [#2]
That should be on Blitz Research News or the News. When someone made a game on showcase and should pop up on Blitz Research News or the news as then user will be able to type blitzbasic.com and see the News then click the game itself it straight to the showcase to read about it.

It better to have NEWS than blank News....

I know which I did rather have :)

Looking good

xlsior(Posted 2016) [#3]
Reminds me of Skidmarks? :-?

Derron(Posted 2016) [#4]
Minor note: why are the rocks (in the "center" and bottom left) having "global illumination"-shadows while the trees don't. also the shadows from "rock" to "tree" differ.

Why does the corner of the roads look "blocky" and the "acceleration gradient" look round and smooth? Is this post processed for the title screen?

why are the "acceleration clouds" behind the second vehicle darkening the gradient (as if there are no alpha-channels)

Collectible Coin does not throw a shadow - while all other elements do.

If not just a "title screen mix": people should hand out these games to more testers to receive a gfx-check before release.

Sorry if I just judge the visuals - gameplay is surely fun, and this rules out graphics. But most people judge by VFX not gameplay.

bye
Ron

TeaBoy(Posted 2016) [#5]
Race Time is a fantastic example of what can be achieved with talent and dedication. It is also popular on Kongregate.

I agree with Hotshot2005, games of this quality should be advertised more, market this type of achievement.

GW(Posted 2016) [#6]
Is the author here on these forums?

skidracer(Posted 2016) [#7]
I doubt it.

I do have vague memory of other slotcar sims here, but Race Time is in another league.