Elfventure - out now

Community Forums/Showcase/Elfventure - out now

coffeedotbean(Posted 2016) [#1]

Download here: https://supertino.itch.io/elfventure PC & Mac

Had to cut features and length due to time, also no in game music as I simply couldn't find any suitable for free or just a few bucks.

Enjoy.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2016) [#2]
First it should be congratulations (not congratulation) on the opening screen and secondly you've got that slow down bug again (only plugging in a joypad does it runs at the proper speed).

coffeedotbean(Posted 2016) [#3]
Damn it! I was sure I accounted for that but left some unchecked joystick polling still in there, think it's fixed now. MAC version should be posted soon too.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2016) [#4]
Mac version is up. https://supertino.itch.io/elfventure

Steve Elliott(Posted 2016) [#5]

Damn it!

Hehe :D

Yes, fixed now.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#6]
Hi,

I have tested your game, it works well here.

Some critics/suggestions :
->the sound when the text is displayed is very annoying
->i highly suggest to add a way to configure the volume of the sound, on my computer i am only at 10% but it breaks my eardrums
->i would try to synchronize the sound of each step with the animation frame/pose corresponding to the step. (i have done that in an old game it was a nice effect)

good luck for the next steps.

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#7]
Brilliant. agreed about the text sound - very 'big' and loud. maybe more like a tick?

worked great on macOS.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2016) [#8]
Odd, the sound plays every time a character is printed but the channel is stopped and only plays on 1 channel so you don't get the same sound playing 100 times. Sounds fine to me but I was never really happy with the sound effect, I'll see if I can find a better one, one like used in zedla. whakka-whakka type sound, not tied to character printing.

Yan(Posted 2016) [#9]
Slightly disappointed to not find at least one elephant...but *very* nice anyway. :o)