Demo Car BlitzMax + Xors3D

Community Forums/Showcase/Demo Car BlitzMax + Xors3D

Yue(Posted 2016) [#1]
The motivation to learn Object Oriented programming. Using BlitzMax and Xors3D, I show a simple physics demo of a car.

I would like to know if it runs correctly on computers other than mine And if the tires shake.

OS Windows 32
Keys :W,S,D,A Move
Jump Key J.
Reset Key R.
Brake Key Space.
free Camera Mouse.
Hook / UnHook Key T.

Note : Cargo v.0.0 Alpha.

This version implies corrections in the driving of the tractor. The coupling / uncoupling of the wagons has been correctly implemented thanks to the help of our friend Derron.

Between the correction points, the wagons no longer have the same mass and friction as the tractor, reason why they stop much faster to be disengaged.

If someone can help me prove this would be a great help, I need to know if everything is correct as expected, and depending on the result I continued with the project.

Another outstanding point is that the game resources are loaded in the background, thanks to the programming of threads in BlitzMax, where the user displays a message load. One more thing to say is that a debuglog.html has been created, which reports possible problems.

Bye.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#2]
Nice demo Yue. I was wondering if you have that fascination with these type of vehicles because you always use them for your games. ;-)

Yue(Posted 2016) [#3]

Hi, thanks for the comment. The fact is that it is not a game in itself, they are just prototypes to learn something, and I think I am addicted to this to learn and try to solve problems. But to make a game, I think at least I lack much knowledge.

On the cars, initially I wanted to make a game about mars, but I was unable to implement a robotic arm, then my daughter's project was the hoist, she chose it because in her school they made some constructions and I have chosen This type of car at the moment because I think that it could be easier to create a game where it articulates with another to carry loads of suitcases in an airport.

In the end I've always said that this is like solving a crossword, and I'm getting the taste to BlitzMax, something that was very complicated before.

I show you a video, where I am improving the physics of the car regarding its suspension.

A greeting.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2016) [#4]
The suspension's looking pretty sweet from here ;)

Yue(Posted 2016) [#5]

Ok, Update Download First Post.

I'm falling in love with BlitzMax. ;)

Yue(Posted 2016) [#6]
Other video. ;)

Yue(Posted 2016) [#7]

Flanker(Posted 2016) [#8]
Nice demo and videos, the suspension seems quite nice :)
I like the shadow mapping of xors3D too.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#9]
Thanks You Flanker. :)

Yue(Posted 2016) [#10]
:)

Derron(Posted 2016) [#11]
Remember to give the cargos a bit of "deacceleration". Because of their weight they are hard to accelerate and also on "unhooking" they would keep their speed a wile, but if the wheels are so small and "used", they might also be rusty and deaccelerate faster than with normal friction.

I liked that "car makes u-turn and unhooks cargo ... cargo falls from ground" scenes :-).

Hmm ... I have another game idea !!

Cargo-Bowling ;-)

The twist here, is that you are _not_ directly targeting the bowling pins (or whatever to use then - big oil barrels?) but the "drift" is what makes it hit or miss.

We should collecte some ideas and bring them together so you could do a little / big game which is surely not the craziest one, but far from "average casual game" ideas.

bye
Ron

Yue(Posted 2016) [#12]
Update First Post. :D

Yue(Posted 2016) [#13]

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#14]
Hi,

I wanted to try your demo but i can't download the file, on the mega webpage, it is written "receiving folder data" but nothing happens...

Derron(Posted 2016) [#15]
works here - with ScriptSafe/Ublock-addons enabled.

I uploaded it (temporarily) for you:
http://www.digidea.de/files/Yue_Development.zip
(file is unchanged and unchecked - am on linux, so if something "happens", it is not my fault).

bye
Ron

Yue(Posted 2016) [#16]
ok, I understand, thanks Derron for the alternative link.

There is an error with Xors3D, the tires vibrate, but I have managed to handle it here and I do not know if that works correctly on other machines.