Minesweeper / MS Treasure Hunter clone (WIP)

Community Forums/Showcase/Minesweeper / MS Treasure Hunter clone (WIP)

loofadawg(Posted 2016) [#1]
I made some changes to the Minesweeper / Microsoft Treasure Hunt code.. it can actually be played and won now.

The walls are there for when I add the player sprite and path-finding so that you can only clear areas that are accessible.

Generally cleaning things up and fixing other stuff.

On MS Treasure Hunt, clicking on a dirt tile will move your player to that square and reveal only a small portion of the whole level. About 2 tiles all around the player. So I will be adding that next.

This isn't meant to look great but I will add better graphics at later date. I also hope others will be able to learn from this project as much as I do while I hack away at this.

If you have suggestions for tidier code please post !!

Woof !!

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#2]
nice. If you have the time to convert it to MonkeyX Free, you could build to html5/js and post it online using dropbox :-)

loofadawg(Posted 2016) [#3]
True. I have Monkey but it was on my old computer which bit the dust. I am using my wife's laptop and a thumb drive to work on this until I build a new PC.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#4]
Got email notice from dropbox that they are discontinuing HTML rendering. This is going to cause major issues for my wife since she uses this to distribute info and files to her students. We are running a basic account and would be willing to upgrade to a paid account to retain this feature, but this policy seems to be across all account levels.
Any advice on alternatives?

xlsior(Posted 2016) [#5]
Got email notice from dropbox that they are discontinuing HTML rendering. This is going to cause major issues for my wife since she uses this to distribute info and files to her students. We are running a basic account and would be willing to upgrade to a paid account to retain this feature, but this policy seems to be across all account levels.
Any advice on alternatives?

It looks like you can also run an HTML website from the free Google Drive, which is similar to Dropbox. -- if you look online you can probably find the steps, the first few I found are all videos in English how to do it which probably wouldn't be helpful to you.

loofadawg(Posted 2016) [#6]
I have nothing to show for an update but I have made some good progress. I did a total rewrite to make things more versatile. The changes I made should make it easier to add features and level design.

I have quite a few ideas to innovate my clone from original.

Some of my ideas are borrowed from other games such as Chip's Challenge, Sokoban (warehouse), Zelda and 8 bit Ultima. Maybe a little Boulder Dash.

Lastly, an overworld map, multi-level/room dungeons is something I would like to attempt too.

It will be open-source in hopes some of you will take a stab at innovating the minesweeper genre.

In a couple weeks I will try to get an initial demo (with source code) of the game playing very similar to Microsoft's Treasure Hunt. It won't have the polish yet but I think I have something special in works.