SENTINEL Filefinder + various stuff

Community Forums/Showcase/SENTINEL Filefinder + various stuff

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2016) [#1]
Did anybody other than me ever experience that the "Search Files" Function of windows doesn't work? Kafka-esque to say the least, and not acceptable. It simply pretends that "there are no such files", even if they are in fact clearly there.

So I wrote a simple File search tool. (I once searched something like that on freeware servers, without success).

Although nothing special, it speeds up my production pipeline significantly, as it is faster than Windows' search - and actually finds things.

I have also moved several of my former products into the freeware zone, eg. the very rich vegetation engine sourcecode, which some of you may find useful.

It is on byethost free hosting, they may add in some scripts to index.html, which I do not exactly know, however, it's a rather popular provider.

http://anticrap.byethost3.com/

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#2]
on Windows 7, the search functionality works well here, but you have to specify the right filename and start the search at the level of the same directory or of the parent directories...

(thanks for the new links to download your stuff)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2016) [#3]
Yeah, thanks. As somebody who used to get rid of Win8, I am still using xp sp3. worked for Android and now html5 / webGL in search of PC Alternative (target-wise), so I felt no need for a new Windows. It really doesn't work reliably on XP SP3, but it took me some time to realize it.

Dan(Posted 2016) [#4]
Thanks for the Programs !

i have always avoided to use the windows search function, whenever it was possibile.

The indexing service i have to turn off, on every windows machine. It claims to fasten the searching, but what for ? to save a minute for a search, while stealing processor power and time for indexing, while windows is running every day ??

no thanks.

From xp+ iv used the freeware alternative Super Finder XT from Free soft land
and even donated few dollars (1-5) to access the donator versions.
Ok it haven't had any updates since 5 years, but it fits my needs, still.

Dan(Posted 2016) [#5]
oops double click on update post ...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2016) [#6]
Even tho a nonworking search tool is your perfect memory trainer, I'm glad to see how few time I waste anymore in searching things. Just an hour ago I needed a mail adress and all I knew was it's in that almost full terabyte harddrive... I had it in about 3 minutes.

grindalf(Posted 2016) [#7]
Cool programs, Thanks for them :)