BTL | Denisse III

Community Forums/Showcase/BTL | Denisse III

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#1]

Movement keys: W, S, D, A
Raise the blade: Mouse Keys.
Free Camera: mouse.
Zoom out and camera: mouse wheel.
Brake: Space key.

We continue with the school project. We have divided the project into two parts , the current version is saved as a copy , and we are doing new tests to improve already accomplished.

Test Bump Mapping

Demo V.0.9d

Matty(Posted 2016) [#2]
10 out of 10 for development.

1 out of 10 for the driver of the forklift - knocking over those pallets tut tut (just kidding)

Very good.

I'm impressed.

I work in a factory environment and so see this sort of thing every day...minus knocking over the pallets......

degac(Posted 2016) [#3]
Good choice.
One question, what should be the 'school project' exactly?
At the moment you have a working 'simulation' (I mean physic/shadows/sounds etc) and a warehouse. What are your next steps?
If I understood correctly your ETA if for 20th September, so considering the needs of more beta-testing (!) I think you have less than 2 weeks to complete everything you planned.

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#4]
:)

Derron(Posted 2016) [#5]
In the video, at 0:37 you see how the car "rumbles".

While this looks funny, I doubt a real forklift would have such a behavior...maybe you should make the body/car a bit "heavier / higher mass".

@ bump mapped ground
the ground is a bit "shiny" ... while a "rough" material - like concrete or bitumen/asphalt - isn't shiny / glossy. So if possible, lower the reflectiveness/shinyness/glossyness.

This also might be the source of problems with "ghost pixels" around the forks (see 0:08 - some bright areas between forks and their shadows).

Nice to see some new "progress postings".

bye
Ron

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#6]
Wow-wow-wow. Good job, very well done.

Now how about some crates and barrels on top of the pallets?

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#7]
=)

Derron(Posted 2016) [#8]
Looks good. Maybe the forklift is a bit too "sporty" for his kind of "car".

It wont "wobble" that much when accelerating/braking. It is a bit similar to a golf cart / buggy.

But it is your decision how it behaves - so do not worry that much.

PS: "barrels" are nice transportation objects too, because if they roll down, they roll into others, making them fall down then too...

bye
Ron

Flanker(Posted 2016) [#9]
Very nice work with your game, I love both the physics and graphics.

Just two things about forklifts :
- most of them have no suspension at all, it would be too unstable
- on diesel forklifts, you can move the fork faster if you accelerate the hydraulic pump with the engine

Naughtical(Posted 2016) [#10]
The Blitz community has created such amazing things and this is no exception. Keep up the good work!

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#11]
Its all looking brilliant.

One thing. Forklifts can move the front forks up and down angles:

Yue(Posted 2016) [#12]
@AdamStrange

Minute 2:10 :)

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#13]
I am seriously impressed.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#14]
Any progress to report?

Bye
Ron