monkey2 paint controls

Community Forums/Showcase/monkey2 paint controls

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#1]
Just been building some paint controls. here is the result
initial grids:

canvas:

alpha:

and finally color saturation, brush rotation, clear color, etc all giving very subtle effects:

degac(Posted 2016) [#2]
I'm looking at this on mx2 site.
I suspect your 'mojox' is very different (now) from the original one. Rememeber, unless it requires hacking in other modules (like mojo) you can always create your (public) module.

Just a note: you 'jump' from a project to another one like a crazy frog :D

Derron(Posted 2016) [#3]
Just a note: you 'jump' from a project to another one like a crazy frog :D

Which is what I was afraid of when hoping the best for the last game project Adam started :-)

bye
Ron

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#4]
These are based from the old mojox and are compatible with the current (module) one

lol, there is some grand method in my jumping around. The main one being learning. But I do have some private stuff that is being done and everything feeds from one project into another

The paint tools will be integrated directly into the Ted21 editor. You will then be able to use these to create sprites all within the editor

degac(Posted 2016) [#5]
Good.
At this point I would put some image filters (convert to grey, negative, 3d-dot etc): they are in general very useful for rapid checking.

... and as you like to jump... I know you've implemented an 'audio' document. Is there some way to create/manipulate sounds?

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#6]
Image filters are not needed as this is really an uber palette control.

The paint surface is only there for you to mix colors - And it also allowed me to work out how to directly access an image buffer, etc.

But... I do have all the image filter code you can wish for at this end. So when it's needed then it can be quickly added.

On the Audio document front. Again, This will be coming.
Likewise above, I have all the audio manipulation code already written (from Wave2 editor) so it can very quickly be added when needed.

As an aside here is a quick test of synth GUI controls, so you can see it's all coming together:

And finally the left paint menu has been added with ability to save/load create new palettes:

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#7]
Added ability to load image files, so you can pick their colors. or paint onto them too...

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#8]
small extension to add brush styles:

I think this one is nice because it gives a good look at color mixing in the paintbox. Mix them up, add them back to the color palette for using later.