BTL | Denisse II

Community Forums/Showcase/BTL | Denisse II

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#1]

Continuing with the school project. We do not have much progress, we are focused on work and improve physical system for the forklift, so in this development version, you can test the physical moving 8 paddles on the forklift.

Movement keys: W, S, D, A
Raise the blade: Mouse Keys.
Free Camera: mouse.
Zoom out and camera: mouse wheel.
Brake: Space key.

For this version license of physics bullet was activated.

We appreciate many comments, we know that you can improve many things, but this is difficult especially when my dad does everything and I just looked at his progress trying to learn something about it. :)

Demo V.0.9d

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#2]
Looking good :-)

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#3]
@Yue, I would like to know what library do you use for packaging those assets? *.iso files?

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#4]
@RustyKristi

Lib PakMaker =)

Edit:

We think that large pallets were very , so have we reduce the size.

Edit :

ChekPoints. :)

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#5]
New Demo v. 0.7c

A Collect Control Points. :) Download on First Posting.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#6]
Thanks Denisse. btw I got it to play!

keep it up

Hardcoal(Posted 2016) [#7]
Very impressive to me

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#8]
New Demo v. 0.7d.

In this version a chronometer is implemented to collect checkpoints and complete the circuit. What will achieve ?, the truth I could not handle me is hard keys and mouse at the same time , but my father if I succeed .

:)

degac(Posted 2016) [#9]
Damn! It's hard :D!!!!

ps: Once you lost, there's no way to 'restart' a new game.... RESET and at the first checkpoint you get 'LOSER' in front of you :D
VERY MOTIVATIONAL !!!! Ahahah

Very good work!
I like to see the progress!

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#10]
New demo 0.7e Alpha.

Fixed error after failing to finish the race, you can be reset again without problems. The time required to reach is 1 minute 46 seconds, has an average of 3 seconds can not be wasted. I try again and could only once :S

The trick is in sharp turns taking control points with the back of the elevator , thereby earns a very small time. :D

Version 0.8 to implement some sound in the montacarga , environmental and industrial sounds .

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#11]
New Demo 0.8 Alpha. Sounds. :)

Kryzon(Posted 2016) [#12]
Hi. This is taking a great shape, congratulations. Maybe this is the foundation for a simulator for teaching beginner forklift drivers?

If Denisse is looking for suggestions, this is not directly related to the game but it may impact it: to study English for speaking and writing.
Most learning material and online communities use English, and it also makes you a more valuable professional whatever your field is.

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#13]

It has begun work on the way that data are kept jeugo in this case has begun by putting an option not to choose or full screen .

My father says we should focus on the gameplay, since whenever I come from the school I hope the store is full of boxes, pallets and all that, but the truth is not as easy as I think . The aim is to save data that can be stored on the hard drive as the game progresses , the completed tests , so that when the game started again Start the player again. Another option for the pitcher of the game is that the player can screen resolution and enable or disable the shadows.

In school we are taught English , soon will abide 14 years, but I think the English they teach us is very basic and the courses are not immersive , but maybe I achieved what my father could not, or at least try , because youth he already was .

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#14]
New development version . V.0.8a .

It has worked in the pitcher of the game, where they offer some very basic options , enable / disable shadows , screen resolution and full -screen mode or Windows mode .

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#15]
New Demo v.0.8b Sounds
car horn Key E, and Sound Up, Down
forklift truck shovel

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#16]

Someday quite possibly appear on a billboard at an airport ?

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#17]

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#18]

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#19]

Derron(Posted 2016) [#20]
@ Air France

Pay attention to not do copyright infringement (do not use a trademarked name /logo).

bye
Ron

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#21]
Ok. :)

Derron(Posted 2016) [#22]
Hehe ... you know that "Blitz" means "flash" in German? So "Air Blitz" sounds nerdy but fits well.

while nagging about small things: in your screenshot you see that the texture of the bricks at the corner looks a bit odd. If you are really bored - improve that ;-)

Another thing: there is no roof on the level maps but there are walls with steel piles on top - as if the building is still under construction - so if that is (for whatever reason) you might think of having parts of the level having the next floor already (like a roof). This might have nice effects on the shadows/lights.

Of course I would prefer a kind of corrugated iron roof - and windows showing the environment (airplane, tower etc.). This would allow for variation of lights - lamps/bulbs/windows.

As a reminder: the yellow ground marks (where to drive to) are like "overlayed" on the ground. Maybe it looks cooler if they are more opacque but "damaged" here and there ... like if they got painted on the ground (similar to the marks on streets).

---

A pity your father codes this with Blitz3D (Windows only). Let's hope you both win and he finds the time do tinker with it in BlitzMax (+Linux and +Mac)

bye
Ron

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#23]
I do not absolutely no programming , but I'm learning something about the contest I am not very optimistic , the jury was not what basis have, but the idea is to try , in this case I do not ilusionó much , if we win will be fine, but if no it does not matter.

My father says that BlitzMax possible, but in Blitz3D is much easier because no experience with 3d BlitzMax .

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#24]

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#25]

degac(Posted 2016) [#26]
Nice improvements!
just a side note: you are driving in the dark :P

I'm quite sure adding spotlights - with 'real shadows' will cause a massive slowdown.
It will be easier to use neon light (just linked directly to the roof) so you have the illusion to have the warehouse completely illuminated.
And (not sure here) I will disable the shadow casting from the roof.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#27]
@Yue>>if you have made all the meshes/textures yourself, they seem well structured, you really have improved your modeling/texturing skills over the years, congrats!

(All made with Fragmotion ?)

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#28]

I'm quite sure adding spotlights - with 'real shadows' will cause a massive slowdown.

no, the problem is that, if AShadow system is like DevilShadow system, you can only have one light cast shadows.

degac(Posted 2016) [#29]
@RemiD: well, I don't know what shadow system Yue/Denisse are using, but even if was written in Unity I suspect managing 20 lights+generated shadows at once would have some impacts on performance!

Derron(Posted 2016) [#30]
So in 2016 you still cannot light up a scene. (With a dozen lights) with so low polycounts?

If so: excuse me for my suggestion.

Is it better to have a huge light source (area light) and an invisible rectangle containing holes...letting the light through...and casting the shadows? So lights would not overlay each other -> performance increases.

Bye
Ron

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#31]
@degac>>a light can light/shade some parts of a scene without casting shadows (but if it is not managed correctly, it will look weird!), and yes shadows cause slowdowns ! (i often wonder if a subdivided scene + vertices lighting/shading would look nice enough and be faster to update/render)

So in 2016 you still cannot light up a scene.

@Derron>>yes you can with lighting/shading only but when you try to add shadows, the different methods have advantages/disadvantages, and the more casters, the more lights, the more time it takes to update/render (in real time, precalculated is fast, of course)

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#32]
In the last screenshot of Yue, we see how he will be limited with stencil shadows (only one light casts shadows whereas there are the light from the sun and the lights from the spots)...

I have thought of another approach in the past to have real time texel lighting/shading (different from pixel lighting/shading)
"Lightmapping" is precalculated texel lighting/shading, now imagine that each texel is small enough for the lighting/shading to look convincing but big enough to not have too many texels in the scene
One texel each 0.1 unit seems a good size, see :
rd-stuff.fr/texels-lighting-shading-v1.18.png
rd-stuff.fr/lightshademap-v1.18.png
rd-stuff.fr/texels-lighting-shading-v1.19.png
rd-stuff.fr/lightshademap-v1.19.png
Now imagine that when loading the scene, all texels of the lighting/shading texture are analyzed and their 2d coordinates (on the texture) and their 3d coordinates (in the 3d world) are stored in an array, and preferably, the scene divided into zones.
Then in theory it should be possible to have fast enough real time texels lighting/shading/shadows which blends well with the lighting/shading/shadows texture because you would be able to write directly on the lighting/shading/shadows texture...

Derron(Posted 2016) [#33]
@ Lightmaps
Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightmap

This is what I would suggest too.
During map creation (I assume you do not assemble the level each time) you could "render" the lights on the textures of the walls/ground
So there is no real "lighting" done, it is like a "photo" of the scene with all the lights in it.

BUT... Everything near the camera is easy to see - and casting shadows, so you need to "activate" the real lights near the camera. This allows to stay at a low amount of active lights which are really shadowing and lightening up the scene. I assume people call the approach "forward rendering". Which means, for every "active light" a render pass has to be done (and then, things get additively blended together).

Seems even "Quake 1" did it similary (regarding lightmaps).

Of course I do not know what is possible with "Blitz3D" so you (@Yue) are better listening to the experienced Blitz3D-users and not me.

bye
Ron

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#34]
@Derron>>the problem if you use precalculated lightmap (=texels lighting/shading) + shadows is that the blending of the shadows and of the lightmap is ugly. There has been several topics about this problem on the forum... Not sure if this has been resolved...

Seems even "Quake 1" did it similary (regarding lightmaps).

Yes, the method that i described is similar to what Quake 1 did, but i don't remember which technique they used to determine the visibility of a texel in real time (because to do that for many texels may take a lot of time !)

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#35]

Yue(Posted 2016) [#36]
I think it is best to remove the roof and leaving the scene outdoors. So I avoid inconvenience , because I can only handle a shadow with Ashadow , and not how to implement "real" lighting for each lamp .

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#37]

:(

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#38]

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#39]

degac(Posted 2016) [#40]
ahahah... good compromise :D!! (not sure the 'usefulness' of such structure...)
Well done!

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#41]

Low Poly Shadows, normal model.

My father explained to me that one way to improve performance in terms of shadows , is to use a different model that cast shadows from the vehicle , which in essence is the same, only has less polygons , so the burden is relieved cpu when crer the shadows. For that reason in blender modifier applied to deplete the amount of polygons .

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#42]
Shadows on Game Low Poly up Frame Rate. :)

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#43]
New Demo :) v.09b.

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#44]
@degac

Spaces in the tiles, we will put transparent tiles ;)

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#45]

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#46]

one way to improve performance in terms of shadows , is to use a different model that cast shadows from the vehicle , which in essence is the same, only has less polygons , so the burden is relieved cpu when crer the shadows

indeed, i am doing the same thing too, a "renderer" (high details) to display on the screen and a "caster" (low details) to calculate the shadow volume. However the caster must be made in a certain way to prevent artifacts (=graphics bugs)

Derron(Posted 2016) [#47]
@ transparent roof
Hus is similar to have big windows in the roof (to save energy/power consumption during daytime).

Wih your big transparent areas you need some stripes made of steel...to "carry" the mass of the roof. This also adds fine shadow parts on the ground.

Think it will improve more once you also placed some shelves at the walls.

Bye
Ron

Yue(Posted 2016) [#48]
My daughter went Saturday to see the movie film pet . :)

@RemiD On the shadows , there is a detail is that the model that casts the shadow should fit perfectly into the model visible , if they will not see light areas on the shadows. In the case of static models this is much easier, however I think qu ees encouraged more complicated . In my case I use an alpha 0.05 , to perfectly fit the shadow pattern

Yue(Posted 2016) [#49]
@Derron

If you're right a lot , I think the best thing that can happen is that my daughter win that contest , although last year many participants lego robots and that has intimidated us , but somehow we are innovating ...

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#50]
@Yue>>yes i have noticed in your screenshot the black triangles in the shadows areas, i have the same problem with DSS, but i think that these black triangles are not necessary, and can probably be removed. (but i have not found how yet...)

Yue(Posted 2016) [#51]
This?

Solved
ScaleMesh TMC\Shadows\Mesh%, 0.99, 0.99, 0.98

Yue(Posted 2016) [#52]
New Demo v.09c

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#53]
@Yue>>yes i have thought of a similar approach (push back vertices according to their normals) but this will probably not solve the problem of low details casters on high details renderers. I will try.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#54]
Regarding the ground / walls

isn't it possible to use some bump mapping / normal mapping?

Just to avoid that "flat look" of the textures like in your latest screenshot.

@ black triangles
I do not get what you both are talking about - but if it has to do with the "low poly shadow caster": shouldn't this be invisible in the "render pass" for the colors (not shadow pass) ?

Regardless of this: the fork lift itself does not look as if it was made of thousands of triangles - cannot imagine that there is such an improvement in performance.

@ light setup
Do you have some light slots left to use ? If so: maybe add some little lamps on the fork lift - or something like these orange rotating bulbs if you carry heavy load ;-) ... or lights when braking / driving backwards.

Just talking about things to "break up" the life-less atmosphere.

bye
Ron

Yue(Posted 2016) [#55]
Certainly I want to do many things Derron , but try to keep this under control as much as I can for 20 September .

On the performance of the model that casts shadows the 7000 model features visible faces, while projecting the shadow faces 1200 , according to the frame rate performance improvement here as it passes frames 1200 to 1500 seconds .

The next step is to put boxes , shelves , more boxes more shelves, put a crane in the download area and carts airports in the cargo area , similarly would like to improve the signs of soil, which look more real and worn.

Greetings.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#56]
Of course... first comes the deadline, then the features ;-)

I just want to note things down - just to not forget about them. You may note them down for yourself ... or just ignore them.

@ cargo area

Hmm, i have another game variant (not for 20th of september ;-)):
- there is a delivery lane which brings in cargo without stopping
- this cargo needs to get transported to their target shelves
- if a cargo reaches end of the delivery lane while the previous one was not delivered yet... you loose a live.
- loosing 3 lives: game over

- to ease the whole thing: each cargo box/pallet could be colored (blueish, red-ish, green-ish...) and the shelves too.

So the whole game becomes even more "arcade like".

bye
Ron

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#57]

Fraps low frame rate :(

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#58]
@Yue>>some tips to capture with a higher fps :
-use a small graphics window (640x480 or less)
-use the camstasia lossless codec to capture the video and the pcm uncompressed codec to capture the sound.
-do a capture of only 10fps or 15fps, it is enough to show what the game is about...

Personally i use "Debut video capture" to do my capture and it works well.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#59]
Just judging the video:

These red markers / checkpoints: maybe you find a prettier 3d model to guide the player ... maybe a disc/circle on the ground - or transluscent arrows or something like spinning coins or ... there are plenty of options. Dunno what the others say.
But the current red checkpoints look a bit odd ...

Please excuse, if you are already aware of this and are already planning to replace it with something new.

@ pylons
Maybe each "fall over" pylon should add to the total time (penalty seconds) or subtract from "time left". To make the player aware, you should then display that on the screen (similar to "score gained" in arcade games - or simple as of "+ 1.00s" below the current time).

PS: Nice to have your daughter on board, keeping you motivated to achieve something (and see how far you already got - since your "pawn"-project)

bye
Ron

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#60]
@Yue>>you may want to add a variation in the "speed" of the sound of the motor (depending on the acceleration/deceleration). For this take a look at ChannelPitch()

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#61]
try Bandicam, it does not steal fps, there's a free version.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#62]
@Yue>>Can you please try something for me, since you are familiar with Ashadow :
create a simple rectangle mesh, like a screen, and color it in any color you want with a material/brush and set its Fx to fullbright.
Now, try to cast a shadow on it, what happens in this case ? With DSS the fullbright surface is covered by the shadows, see:
rd-stuff.fr/fullbright-surface-covered-by-shadows-201608211930.jpg
which is quite unrealistic... Not sure if there is a way to avoid this...

Yue(Posted 2016) [#63]
Hello, objects defined as fullbright not receive shadows. In this case the computer screen

has to be a different object to the laptop , like a picture on the screen. There are some

functions embedded in AloadMesh , that just values ??from 0 to 3 , this means if you

receive or no shadow or something.

Areceiver(...

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#64]
Ok, so Ashadow stencil shadows system has more functionalities than DevilChild stencil shadows system...

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#65]
..and they are both free to download and use in any way

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#66]
edit : i think i misinterpreted RustyKristi's post, so i removed my nonsense :P

Yue(Posted 2016) [#67]
@RustyKristi BadiCam is powerfill. Thanks You.

@RemiD Ok , I'll look it from channelpitch . :)

On the system of shadows and Devil Ashadow , it appears to be the same coding system that share the same error EndGraphics full screen. However ashadow is much more complete and have more features .

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#68]
Test Sounds Engine. Thanks You RemiD. :)

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#69]
@Yue>>no that's not the effect i meant, i will post an example later. The speed of the sound of the engine can be increased/decreased (like a real engine when you accelerate/decelerate.)

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#70]
Test sound Engine Car. :|

ChannelPitch soundEngine\channel%,  44100+tempMotor#*25

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#71]
Here is a code example :
rd-stuff.fr/soundpitch-depending-on-turnspeed-201608222239BB.7z

accelerate with keyUp (200)
decelerate with keyDown (208)
and the pitch of the sound will be modified depending on the speed.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#72]
@ Sound engine

This video has some sound for a fork lift... it does not sound that "truck-like" - more "electrical":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt7Ur0Ezw-Y

- add a very "subtle" sound when reaching that red-way-markers (a silent "pling" or so)

- make the tires texture a bit brighter or add something - for me the tires seems to not rotate until I saw it rotate when the car was in a light environment -> the tires are nearly "total black" on my screen (which might be a screen issue ;-)). Maybe adding some "profile" on the tires will already lead to a visible rotation (did I mention "normal maps" - good to use for such things).

bye
Ron

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#73]
Ok, test 2 sounds engine.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#74]
@Yue>>yes, that's the idea :)

But of course you can use any other sound you want, the best would be to capture the sound of the engine of a real forklift with a microphone...

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#75]

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#76]

Derron(Posted 2016) [#77]
Looking good so far (driving around, placing pallets).

The "Shelves" look a bit odd.
(Please ignore this post, if the shelves look like that in your country... I am just not used to this "T"-formed heavy-load-tables)

shelf example 1

shelf example 2

shelf example 3

shelf example 4:

This one also exposes what I told about the roof: steel girders

In the last image you also see that you do not really need lights coming from the top, if you have light coming from "outside". If Blitz3d/your engine allows some kind of "global illumination" (or "world light"), then this will add some really important "light / shadow"-areas.

If you use a shelf-model with girders instead of "big surfaces",it will also add more variation to the shadows.

@ Pallets
I do not have measured the model, but somehow it looks a bit as if it misses height (too flat).

An EU-pallet picture (see how it looks once you use different textures ... or maybe some kind of UV-offsets so all look a bit different - if you can mix textures, you could also use "diffuse color" - like various brown tones - and multiply your texture on it, to get the "wood grain" drawn on your color tone)

"Our" EU-pallets are sized: 1200 × 800 × 144 mm (Length x Width x Height). Yours seem to be about ~10-11cm high. Maybe you measured too, so do not take that "nitpicking" too serious.

Stay as motivated as you are now.

bye
Ron

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#78]
Ok, New size of the pallets in height.

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#79]

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#80]

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#81]

We can not understand about the roof?

Derron(Posted 2016) [#82]
It is nice to see suggestions getting translated into code.

If I (and surely others too) post suggestions and pictures: there is no need to do it exactly as outlines/shown on the pictures. You do not have to make the shelves "blue/orange" or so (albeit colors make it look less "dull").

The texture of the "shelf" (the part on which you place the pallets) could benefit from holes - as if it was constructed out of a "light grid-material" and some girders to make it more stable.
Remember: people do not use more material than needed for their constructions (material = costs, and cost have to stay low).

I suggest this, as a "grid material" would allow for more light coming through the shelves... and light is, what makes thing look unique.

Ok, back to "blue/orange" - feel free to add some "dirt" or "rust" at the metal elements, just to avoid this "clean" and "repeating" look. (this is similar to other "extras", like hanging cables from the roof because of a fixing element being broken ...).

By the way: what i meant with "girders for the roof" is shown in this sketch:

@ higher pallets
They seem to be "more massive" now ... good job!

When looking at your screenshots (the one with the higher pallets) I see
the old "metal"-variant of the shelves .... and this brought me the idea of "ramps". There might be areas in the building which need a "ramp" to get reached.

BTW: do not forget to ignore some of my ideas and continue to make the "game" work (remember the idea with the colored boxes on the pallets? this could be one of your next steps). Read: implement some of the various game modes (collect items, time race, order items, ...).

bye
Ron

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#83]
:) Ok.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#84]
Your "game" looks/plays good, but i wonder what motivates you to make a game about a slave work, video games are more a way to evade, to stimulate the imagination, to dream about the possibilities without our humans limits, to experience things that we can't do in real life... (imo)
(don't take this the wrong way, this is not a critic, i just don't understand why you chose this subject/gameplay)

Maybe your daughter is interested in forklifts ? ;)

(btw, this reminds me of a mini game in Shenmue 1 where it was possible to work with a forklift to earn some money)

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#85]
The theme of the video game will escogui based on that next to my school are making a building , I think it's a health center , and is where every day I see this vehicle accommodating loads of building materials, and most interesting of all is that who owns it is a woman. In this case if we have time I have suggested to my father that if two models put on the menu to choose a female and another male is possible. Of course, if you ask me, I would like to work at NASA , I'm in an advanced class for young people with high IQ. :)

Derron(Posted 2016) [#86]
@ remiD
Read the other threads about the game.

Yue creates the game because of some kind of "school project" of his daughter.

And if my son comes to me (will take some years ...yet has to learn to speak ;-)) and asks for such a thing - I would try too.

Regarding game theme: you know that things like "industrial agriculture simulator" exist (in which you drive the various harvesters and so on) - there is even a "toilet manager game" around. If Yue's project advances into some kind of "fun forklift-racer" some people might enjoy it - and if not, it will still be a some-what-finished game.

@ Denisse
Looks better and better (the girders).

@ All
I do not know much about the lighting with Blitz3D: is this a directional or omnidirectional light? Is there some kind of "world lighting" ?

I ask because of what is shown in this image:

Is this kind of lighting-setup possible ("environment lighting") ? I think this would add much more realism than a "roof made of transparent-intransparent-stripes".

Things like the "airport tower" would then only be visible if you drive along near a window in the building.

bye
Ron

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#87]
:0

Derron(Posted 2016) [#88]
If that looks better for you - you might experiment on how light looks with a "closed roof" (maybe only small windows here and there in the roof) and some windows in the normal walls.

If it looks worse... get back to your "half transparent, half opaque roof" and a less "shimmering/glowing" world light (looks like "softened" for now).

The 1st screenshot of your post above exposes a way better brightness (more vibrant colors, not that "dull and dark") - it is a true "daylight scene".

What do the other readers of this thread think about these suggestions? Do not want to be the one saying "make it so and so?" and at the end people complain about me ;-)

bye
Ron

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#89]
:) I think I'm going crazy my father . Hahaha.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#90]
Nice video.

Ignoring the "shimmering/glowing/soft"-light for now.

I really like how shadows on shelves are created once you are putting the pallet on it. It really makes it look more "3D".
It also looks as if the poor dude has to work on a sunny summer day.

Just to note it down (before forgetting it). You might add "clouds" moving in the sky (if you cannot look "up" this will work better). These shadows would remove top-light from time to time ... adding another variation.

Another note: with that much light, the orange of the shelves is really vibrant - like if it is a light too. But this might be that way because of the light setup.

bye
Ron

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#91]
Hey, what you tell us is that we hold a closed , only with windows only ?

Derron(Posted 2016) [#92]
I suggested (with that "higher intense daylight"):

- close the roof
- have some bigger windows in the side walls
- no need to texture them or model window-borders
- just have a look how the lights look then ...if this is OK, you can decorate the windows etc.)

If you feel it looks a bit better than - try to add some windows to the top roof (smaller areas, like ones you could open up to make hot air leave the building).

Similar to this (but like said: do NOT add all these roof-decorations, just check first, how lights are coming through windows/holes/doors/...):

or in this image

or this one

bye
Ron

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#93]

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#94]
New Demo v.09d.

The new version in progress, 1.0 , will have a dynamic sky with clouds move and a new winery , which will be closed will be established.

My dad says to ignore it Derron : D ( joke )

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#95]

next to my school are making a building , I think it's a health center , and is where every day I see this vehicle accommodating loads of building materials,

ok i understand better why you are creating a game on this theme/gameplay :)

in any case, i am sure that Yue will improve his understanding and skills to make a game, so this is a good thing

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#96]

degac(Posted 2016) [#97]
Wow, it looks very good!
Just one note: the shelves are very high, while the forklift has (of course) a limited range.

I will add some 'label' on the row of shelves (like in the 3rd photo here http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/post.php?topic=106727&post=1316725)

ps: not tested yet your latest version, problem with my connection

Derron(Posted 2016) [#98]
@ degac

if you link like this
{a /Community/post.php?topic=106727&post=1316725} link title {/a}
the forum creates a "relative link" and appends blitzmax.com or blitzbasic.com depending on what site the user visits (making links working for logged in users).

@ fork lift range
A fork lift can extend

#1              #2       --|    #3
                                  |
                                  |
  ||  .----.    --||  .----.      ||  .----.
  ||  |____|      ||  |____|       |  |____|
  ||.-'    |      ||.-'    |       |.-'    |
__||'o----o'      ||'o----o'       |'o----o'

(excuse my ascii art but I hope you recognize what I wanted to explain)

@ Denisse
Ask your father why it has this "shimmer" or "bloom"-effect since you made the "day light"-experiment. Everything is washed/softened like in a dream.
Also all the new screenshots have this "vignette effect" (corners/borders are darker than the center of the image).

@ the bodega (in your "fragmotion screenshot")
I do not know if you added too much polygons/tris/vertices ("things to render"). Some details might be possible with a texture (instead of rendering a screw, you just paint it on the texture). If so ... use the new model for testing - and if it works, you can optimize it.

@ Textures
I do not know if this is possible with Blitz3D - but in other applications you can use multiple textures:
- diffuse texture: it defines the colors of a material (like if you use a brush and paint on something)
- reflection/specular map: it defines at which part of a model things get reflected (like polished metal or new-plastic)
- normal/bump maps: it allows for small bubbles/dints without having to "model it in 3D" (eg. "barely outstanding screws" on a metal plate could be done with a bump map)

Maybe you can only use a diffuse texture, but define how "reflective" something is ... in that case you should add a bit (very low) reflection to metal surfaces (shelves, fork-lift-chassis).

If you are able to use multiple textures: give the "not-damaged" parts of the fork-lift-chassis a bit of reflection, the shelves too (except at the parts having some "rust").

If you are able to use "normal/bump/maps" - you might tinker/play with adding some "profile/pattern" to the tires - to see how it works, then add some to the wood texture of the pallets, to make light reflect more "realistic", also add this one to the ground, to make "camera on ground"-screenshots look less blurry).
In your latest "menu-screenshot" you see these wooden crates / boxes. Their metal bands look "flat" - with normal maps you could make them "pop out" a bit, making them "band around the box" instead of "being drawn on the box").

See this image for more bump-material examples

bye
Ron

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#99]
@Yue, question

I can't seem to find softshadows in ashadow, is this custom function?
[Edit] Aha found it on one of the examples! :D Sorry to bother

@Derron

Is there a proper normal mapping procedure/code in b3d like the one that you're pointing out?

Derron(Posted 2016) [#100]
RustyKristi:
Is there a proper normal mapping procedure/code in b3d like the one that you're pointing out?

Derron:

@ Textures
I do not know if this is possible with Blitz3D - but in other applications you can use multiple textures:
[..]
- normal/bump maps

I just have read about "dot3"-normal mapping with Blitz3D and that the normal maps need a special export (eg. via a photoshop plugin).

As stated: I never used Blitz3D so I do not know what is possible and what not, and how much they affect performance (software processed instead of gpu).

bye
Ron

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#101]
Yes, that's the problem but I do know some codes posted here and there but not fully optimized and the one with ashadow and devil's needs a environment map to the point that it looks more like a glass. The simple one is only limited to pointlight

Derron(Posted 2016) [#102]
Couldn't you fake 1-2 Point-lights (without shadows) - just at some wall-windows / top-windows.

So they add some "bump/normal" effects?

bye
Ron

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#103]
Sorry, only RefractBumpMapping works in Ashadow, it's Devil's shader engine with the normal mapping/spotlight

Couldn't you fake 1-2 Point-lights (without shadows) - just at some wall-windows / top-windows.

In Yue's case, it's possible in an enclosure but for outdoor scenes I don't think so.

degac(Posted 2016) [#104]
@Derron: I know forklift can extends, but in the current game you can reach only the first level of the shelves.
I want just to make this clear.
ps: After testing the game, I suppose you can reach the second level (of course new animation are needed, I don't think Yue should spent to much time now for this).

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#105]
This bloom effect looks out of place imo...

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#106]

On the truck we have to do it to rise more .

I think eventually the winery 's going to leave like this and we work on the truck and fork to reach more shelves.

My father says qeu if you can do bump maping .

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#107]
thanks but I have a problem extracting the RAR files from BumpTutor. Can you upload it again using Zip?

Yue(Posted 2016) [#108]
Test bump map.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#109]
Remember to only use normal maps / bump mapping to generate slight 3d-ish effects, or for things like "screws".

If you "overdose" it, it just will look crappy/plastic/fake. Use it to enhance the visuals, not to "create" the visuals.

Another good thing is "baking" light/shadow information into the textures - should be fairly easy with Blender (which you use) - bake the ambient occlusion (not at 100%, use a value of 0.2 or so - just to add a bit of "ambient occlusion information).

So for your "bump test" the "shadowed parts" of the sides would be visible on the texture too - at least a bit. Why only a bit? Because if you adjust your sky to be "night" it shouldn't show the ambient occlusion of a daylight scene ... and subtle effects are ok for the human brain, it just will accept that.

PS: we could need a new thread, 100 posts with many images increase loading time very much.

PPS: This shiny "ashadow bump sample"-screenshots show how you should NOT do the bumbmapping - it is just "too much" - and "shiny". But a bit of this shinyness could be used for the metal objects in the game - to react a bit more to incoming light. Again the keyword is "subtle"!

bye
Ron

Hardcoal(Posted 2016) [#110]
Did you make it in Xors? if so i need to ask you some questions..

Derron(Posted 2016) [#111]
Yue:
Certainly I want to do many things Derron , but try to keep this under control as much as I can for 20 September .

Hmm, 20th of september is gone: did you both finish the project or did something disrupt your development process?
(I am not reading so much about Colombia here)

bye
Ron

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#112]

Today was the delivery of the prizes. It occupies the third place with the project as it is. The gift was a cell phone blu stucio c5, and a clothing bonus. :)

I especially thank my father for his time on this.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#113]
Congratulations to you both!

Derron(Posted 2016) [#114]
Congratulations!

Hope you both find the time to make something "useful" out of the project - eg. someting like a game to play.

Just out of personal interest: What kind of project won 1st and 2nd place?

bye
Ron

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#115]
Hello Derron, the first place was for a prototype space rocket propulsion.

The second was how to grow potatoes with human manure for future trips to Mars. (Disgusting) :D

Derron(Posted 2016) [#116]
Seems somebody read the book about the astronaut wattney and his mission on Mars (there is also a movie with Matt Damon).

Hope you somehow are able to create a little game out thr project...just to get out more of the hundreds of spent hours.
Maybe your father will redo it in BlitzMax then ..once he gets used to it.

Bye
Ron