Project : Simulador naval (Naval Simulator)

Community Forums/Showcase/Project : Simulador naval (Naval Simulator)

Santiworld(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hi!, I'll tell you a little about the project I'm working .

I am a fan of sailing and ships , and after many years and am at an advanced stage of the project.

the idea is to just make a naval simulator that recreates the reality of seamanship , sailing and motor sailing , and situations one encounters when browsing.

The development is fully realized in Blitz3D , I only use FASTLIBS for shadows and reflections , and I 'm focusing on the content of the simulator, because the graphics although they must be good , I will not be able to make Realistic .

Some simulator data :
- You can navigate around the globe , in real scale , but only details the scenarios that have been modeled areas will be .
- It has day , night, rain, fog and can download climatic data of the moment.
- You can be controlled different ships that are in different oceans , rivers or browsing at the same time .
- self-generated missions will have to make navigation not boring .

the application of the simulator will be :
1 - game ( fun )
2 - Educational ( learn and practice )
3 - Training
4 - Commercial uses (training and other uses)

currently I bet all this project, will be my first project I commercializes , and I hope to do well because if I will not have to go to work at a local burger joint.

I hope to have a DEMO version in about three months.

as to the capabilities Blitz3D , subject always inquire in this forum , I can assure you that I did not find limitations with creative solutions can achieve anything with Blitz3D , huge scenarios ( entire planet in metric scale 111km * 360 wide) driving details of models in millimeters , have many water craft or scenarios that are incredibly detailed .

sometimes I had difficulties but eventually , one finds ways to solve them.

the only thing I can do nothing is DX7 , but who wants to have a wonderfully realistic water buy the other ship simulator is a good game to watch the ships fly .

regards!!

some pictures :

Trinosis(Posted 2016) [#2]
This looks really great.

And an original idea too.

I wish you all the best with the project.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#3]
I like it so far, well done :)

You can navigate around the globe , in real scale , but only details the scenarios that have been modeled areas will be .

Can you please give more details about that ?

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#4]
After having looked at your screenshots again, it seems that you use googlemap top down view and you use these datas to create flat textured shapes, without reliefs, isn't it?
And then you add some structures and buildings and things here and there, isn't it ?
So i suppose that no heights are needed...

Using a similar approach, you may want to use google streeview to capture the approximate shape of far way things like hills, mountains, in order to create a "terrainbox" (similar to a "skybox" but only with far away terrains shapes)

But apparently google street view captures were not made in all countries so you may not be able to do that in every harbor of your map...

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#5]
About using google streetview to capture the approximate shapes/colors of the far away hills/mountains, after a quick test, it is doable but really approximate, and it takes too much time capture and merge the different views (with a different angle), so forget about it, or maybe do it only for the important places in your game...

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#6]
Wow, this is really awesome looking dude and a great idea too!

I would love to try and sail from Holland all the way to the Caraïben (Dutch Antilles) and see how goes.

Questions:
1. Do you take into account major traffic lanes(apparently they also exist on the oceans) for freighter ships and collision alarms for those massive tankers?

2. Is there also marine life to encounter such as flying fish, whales, dolphins, sharks and seagulls (when coming in proximity of land/islands)?

3. Do include different weather conditions, like rain, storms, hurricanes, tornado's?

4. Can you post a video?

degac(Posted 2016) [#7]
Wow, it seems a very complex simulation! I like the details (like the compass!)

Santiworld(Posted 2016) [#8]
Hi!, thanks for the comments.

I working all days in the project, for day i work in one or two things, las friday i resolved the collision sistem for the sim, allways the progress is slow but the project is close to be finish now (the demo version), the idea is relase the demo, and fix and upgrate things with the feedbak in the future.

the method I use to recreate the entire planet, is using height map , including the deep sea.

for example : africa is not 3d modeled, the simulator according to the map of elevation put a basic terraing, so at least I'll find the continent.

when a stage model ( with little or as much detail), I reduce the scenario elevations to 1 meter in height, and put the other scenario detailed above .

detailed scenarios are loaded only when the camera is nearby.
The same scenario objects .

for the stage , I use a screenshot of google earth , and drawing the outline , then I make a extrude a meter.
but I do not draw you details of any kind.

to achieve have giant scenarios , I move a MASTER- PIVOT with all elements of the game , so the camera is always close to the XYZ ( 0,0,0 ) .

Cities will be a polygon indicating the surface, and average data height buildings , cities would be generated alone , exept the emblematic buildings .

Questions:
1. Do you take into account major traffic lanes(apparently they also exist on the oceans) for freighter ships and collision alarms for those massive tankers?
2. Is there also marine life to encounter such as flying fish, whales, dolphins, sharks and seagulls (when coming in proximity of land/islands)?
3. Do include different weather conditions, like rain, storms, hurricanes, tornado's?
4. Can you post a video?

1. I'm you focusing on the simulator based on real problems , traffic merchant is one of them , I have routes , ( types) with waypoints and the information that type of ship transits through that route, when navigating the route, crossed with the type of vessel concerned.
2. Great Idea!!!, I have underwater view , but hatsta now there is no life there , I love fishing, probably someday with time you can put underwater life !
3. I have the climate posibiidad down my server , it is something that a friend helped me do and understand little as he did, I can also edit the weather, and have forecast it. I have rain, wind, fog , clouds, day and night, for the moment .
4. yeap...

The Sun :

Tigre coast (in Buenos Aires) (this is a example or a hi scenary detail)

Objetct editor

Sail test video

Santiworld(Posted 2016) [#9]
in this faceb page i put all the progress day by day:

https://www.facebook.com/simuladornaval/

John G(Posted 2016) [#10]
Wow. Looking great!

Steve Elliott(Posted 2016) [#11]
Impressive :)

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#12]
Indeed. Fabulous, I'm stun. When the 2nd video started I at first thought it was a real video with the camera shake and all that. :-) So that's pretty good stuff man.

I also like the way the wind blows in the sail. Gives a very realistic feel to it. Well done.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2016) [#13]

When the 2nd video started I at first thought it was a real video...

Not just me then :)

The text for fuel and so on looks like a video game, so spoils the illusion of realism though.

EdzUp MkII(Posted 2016) [#14]
Looking good :D

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2016) [#15]
very nice.

would be even nicer with some island exploring, imho.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2016) [#16]
Very impressive work, a real joy too look at, fantastic looking naval simulator :)

Santiworld(Posted 2016) [#17]
thanks!!!

i working hard to finish the first version soon.

so many things to fix and improve!

thanks!

Steve Elliott(Posted 2016) [#18]
I think the screen shots should be larger :D

Santiworld(Posted 2016) [#19]
You think that can be good idea to try to put it into steam ? or recommend me some other plattaform ?