Dennis

Community Forums/Showcase/Dennis

Yue(Posted 2016) [#1]

It turns out that my 13 has a project for the class of technology, so his idea was that I would make a game for submission in the week of science and technology in their school. So she is the boss in the project and tells me to do and not do, and is the most serious I've had in this to make a video game : D .

Now my daughter wants to enter this community , but I said it is not advisable .

A greeting.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#2]
Maybe let her post through your person first (posting with your account...while you sit next to her)

is she learning English at school? If so...she might help you with understanding posts.

Bye
Ron

Yue(Posted 2016) [#3]
The idea of my daughter is to create a kind of open warehouse, where the player would have

to control the lift and move pallets with boxes. The ideal project is to expose the sema of

science and technology in school , exposing shallow way is the development of a video game

and put the open source for the teacher.

As I said it is the most serious about it that I have to do for this commitment to my

daughter and her class.

About to open an account here I do not think it is viable barely know the basics in English

, I think I was a little more, and that's no big deal. Although it may open an account, but

as a parent I worry , I have enough with my daughter's face . :)

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#4]
I suggest to use Blitz3d (+ maybe a physics engine) instead of Xors3d.
Because if the teacher is interested in your demo, he will then be able to download and install Blitz3d on his computer, and open and take a look at your source code.
Xors3d is dead, not free...

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#5]
I guess most people here have too little experience with the Xors3D engine as they abandoned it when the creators dit too. If so(I might be wrong), then you won't find much help here on the subject for people just don't know. Therefore RemiD's suggestion may help to get things done faster.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#6]
Guys are right, What happens is that the issue was not the one to decide and what we are doing is exposing the OOP , with BlitzMax and because the commands are very similar to native Blitz3D , is that esoty using for the exhibition in the week of science and technology. I think Xors3D has fewer errors , according squid I can use it without problems.

BlitzMan(Posted 2016) [#7]
Your daughter is 13 years old,she should be learning a computer language like c++ or c#.If she wants to get into programming.
BlitzMax is a good learning curve,but it is not the way to go.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#8]
Hello, my name is Dennis and I have 13 years. The objective of presenting the work BlitzMax , it is because the same teacher in science class and tenologias gave its approval , according to him is a very good tool, in this case so my dad and I are using BlitzMax + Xors3D .

The work to present in two months is to document the entire development of a simple prototype computer game , something very simple and I think that beareth a good note thanks to my father who is responsible for the programming , design and development, I just take notes of the process and learn a little to present to the class and made the week of science and technology exhibit my work .

So my father has given me permission to publish his account only in this entry and will soon have more avaces , just one thing , are not so tough we are only amateurs ;) .

Dennis

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#9]
Good speech Dennis. I am looking forward to see what you guys come up with.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#10]
Hello , I bring you a simple demo that we have tested on a laptop with windows 7 and a desktop computer with Windows 10 .

It's very simple, just move the vehicle with the W , S , D , A key to raise the loading rack with keys up arrow , down arrow, and Key E for Jump vehicle and Key Space break.

Dennis .

degac(Posted 2016) [#11]
Hi, downloaded, and works on W10 without problems.
I'm quite sure in a real forklift there's a lower 'damper' effect as it is very heavy! (it needs a big mass to keep the center of gravity and to uplift safely the boxes)

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#12]
Ah, not a source version. Can't run: safety policy doesn't allow unknown exe-files. :-/

degac(Posted 2016) [#13]
@Rick Nasher: I suppose you are on W10... just click 'on more information' (I don't know what is exactly the message in english, this is just the translation in my language) ... and it starts.

Even MX2/ted2 gives me the same 'advice'

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#14]
Nah: company policy to not run "strange" unvalidated exe's due to in-build fear of the unknown/dangers from outside the safe perimeters. :-)

Yue(Posted 2016) [#15]
Hello , new advances for the next release of development are demonstrating .

-Corección In physics montacarga .
-Camera Free to manipulate the montacarga / Raton.
- Colisonar with traffic cones .
- Lifting of wooden pallets .

My father is doing a good job and I feel very excited , because at school told my classmates that my dad is doing a video game and nobody believes me because they ask me where I work and tell them it's a vigilante of a building .
:)

Within a few hours my father said to put the new version.

Good night.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#16]
New Update First Post for Download.

Dennis.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#17]

Naughtical(Posted 2016) [#18]
I really like this project. It's very simple and easy to get a hang of, yet it has a new concept to it that is very interesting. I wish the best of luck to you on this project!

Yue(Posted 2016) [#19]

degac(Posted 2016) [#20]
Very funny!
I admit I played with this for too much long :D!!!!
Grid/MotorSport/NeedForSpeed... I think your is much better! Really!

Questions:
if this is a game, what are the goals?
Moving some pallets from an area to another one, in a special order, in a fixed time etc?
Of course the 'free ride' is a must! Put some Pokemons to run over - ehm -to move around... you will catch some attention :D!
I'm really curious now to see how it will evolve!

Keep on!

Derron(Posted 2016) [#21]
- move pallets on a course (obsticles!)
- - more and more pallets on each other (physics: too fast movement and they fall down)
- - get harder each time
- - optional: have things on the pallet which might "roll" (like a soccer ball)

- move pallets with certain elements on it
- - there is a stack of elements to bring to a car (eg. "green chairs", "yellow tables" ,...) and you must bring them in the right order to the car/truck while the time is measured

- above plus "malus"/"bonus"
- - have bottles of alcohol standing on the ground: drive over them and you get "drunk" (control gets harder/delayed/wrong/opposite/...)
- - have energy chocolate bars which let you drive a bit faster

@ graphics
Think of adding a bit more variation to the ground: for now the texture pattern is visible too much. So if possible, add some texture on the ground "mixing in" with the current texture

Of course do not do this until you finished what is needed for school!

bye
Ron

TomToad(Posted 2016) [#22]
Nice simulation. I'm not sure how much realism you are going for, but a forklift has a much sharper turning radius. It can almost spin around in place. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V93l5Xk3b0I

Yue(Posted 2016) [#23]
Hello, my father is aware of his comments to improve things , the idea that I have is that from here to the date at my school for the event of science and technology have at least one level you can play .

My idea is to start a school of forklifts, where touch finish several challenges , move the vehicle between cones , move empty pallets with goods or not, and time-lapse . No how easy it is to do this , but my father says it is very feasible to do things.

As we had to have noticed Blitz3D , it is actually much easier to understand. For now I leave a peersonaje model that will drive the forklift.

Dennis .

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#24]
C00l!

Yue(Posted 2016) [#25]

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#26]
Hehehe, relaxing, taking a little break from some hard work? ;-)

Derron(Posted 2016) [#27]
Hope the dude gets some work in a huge factory full of shelves... and multiple industrial lights (so lighting changes while driving through the halls).

Maybe That gets rid of that dull "wolfenstein 3d"-look.

lets bring in aome barrels on the pallets (falling down if moving too suddenly/fast).

Bye
Ron

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#28]
And... the dude is sitting into the forklift. Nicely done.

@Derron
And that some of these barrels contain explosives that go off when falling on the floor or.. toxic radioactive or poisonous green colored gas that will kill you instantly. To elaborate on that one, as it seems the right way to go, just for fun. ;-)

Derron(Posted 2016) [#29]
Nope,

I see "alcohol references" as fun but I do not see a need to have "kill you instantly" in such a game.

Instead of a "beer bottle" you could also have cartridges with "laughing gas" ... or other things which influence your senses.
But for myself I do not see problems with "alcohol" and getting boozed - as it is one of the prejudices against "building workers" and the likes (I know that this is not true...but prejudices...)

bye
Ron

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#30]
You might be right.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#31]
Work area

Launcher.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#32]

Today I left early from school , my father from work sent me these advances , is working on the project in a warehouse for forklift.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#33]
@ You both

Keep on with your progresses.

bye
Ron

Yue(Posted 2016) [#34]

Hardcoal(Posted 2016) [#35]
how wonderful

Yue(Posted 2016) [#36]

Yue(Posted 2016) [#37]

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#38]
Looking pretty good. Was the warehouse model done with SketchUp?

Yue(Posted 2016) [#39]
Yes, it's SketchUp.

Update released new development . Nothing fancy , the forklift moves freely through the store , to move the vehicle with the W , S , A, D keys and the Space key to stop it . To raise the truck with the mouse keys .

degac(Posted 2016) [#40]
Hi
just downloaded the latest version ... but I've got some problems here!

1. First - it gives me a message 'Too much resources' (or something similar)
2. Avira shows a pop-up telling me that 'start.exe' is blocked and put in quarantine.
(HEUR/APC(Cloud) model found!)

Xilvan(Posted 2016) [#41]
Hi,

You're creating a great driving
game, with plenty of new ideas!

Friendly,

Yue(Posted 2016) [#42]
Degac Hello , thank you very much for the information , not much of antivirus , my father tells me that is a false positive, and we have no idea how to fix it . The second mistake, it would be possible a screenshot . much appreciate your time , for us is very valuable.

Hi, Xilvan, Thanks You.
You could try the latest version?

Dennis

Yue(Posted 2016) [#43]

Yue(Posted 2016) [#44]

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#45]
Looking good. I love SketchUp, it's very intuitive: I've recreated my companies building in one evening and also my own house.

Downside is that it is easy to make small mistakes in geometry and also leaves duplicate surfaces at times and is hard to export perfectly to Blitz(at least when I tried year or 2 ago). I was unable to use it in gile[s], perhaps because it was too complex. Still love it though.

A few questions:
-What SketchUp version do you use?
-What 3d format do you use in Blitz3d/gile[s] and how do you export to Blitz?

Yue(Posted 2016) [#46]
Hello , my dad told me that SketchUp uses version 2016 . ( Pirate xD )

And the application process for Blitz3D , is exported to 3DS , then my dad used the first version of Gile [ s ] to export the b3d format scene , then use the second version of Gile [ s ] to create maps static lights the shadows as Gile [ s ] 2 is much faster and make more beautiful shadows , however being a beta has minor errors, such as the program crashes and closes unexpectedly.

Dennis

degac(Posted 2016) [#47]
Hello Yue/Dennis

I've tried (on another computer) to download the latest .rar file.
Same error (translated in english):

C:\Users\...\Game\Start.exe
Insufficient system resources to complete the requested service

I can confirm that if I disable AVIRA the message is no more shown.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#48]
Hi, I cannot download anything. all rar files seems to be broken.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#49]
Hello , my dad is working on a new release where changes are to be no longer use more FastLibs for shadows if not a library called Ashadows .

The Probelma antivirus , is caused by the game executable launcher was created in PureBasic and apparently that is the cause of the problem.

Error of insufficient resources , we have no idea what happens. However the library game.dll is executable Blitz3D where if Game.exe renowned for possibly the game is released.

The new demo of work I like much more the effect of the shadows look a little more real from my point of view.

The bugs found in version of Blitz3D 1,106 are errors when exiting the program , the Flip command does not work in full screen, and something happens in Windows 10 is that when you record a video with fraps frames per second down to 10 or 15 frames, something that does not happen with the version of Blitz3D 1.108c

Blitzplotter(Posted 2016) [#50]
Very impressed with your work so far, I recall a similar issue with exiting my B3D executable (its quite a few years ago now... I'll see if I can recall what solved it after my vacation).

Exceptionally good work already, well done!

Yue(Posted 2016) [#51]

Area unloading goods

Yue(Posted 2016) [#52]
Release of Goods

Yue(Posted 2016) [#53]
New development version . Fullscreen.

Move vehicle with W , S , DA keys.
Curbing vehicle with the Space key.
Up lever mouse keys .
free camera , mouse .

TomToad(Posted 2016) [#54]
Played around with it for a few minutes, then got an error saying that Blitz Bullet: Your license key is invalid! Gotta say, those traffic cones must be filled with titanium. They wont budge an inch :-D

Yue(Posted 2016) [#55]
@TomToad He He he.

Your comment is funny. We have already removed the titanium traffic cones . :)

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#56]
@Yue,

Still can't open anything, must be a win10 thing? maybe you can post it as a zip file?

Yue(Posted 2016) [#57]
Hello, we have put the zip file . :)

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#58]
thanks, got it to work. :-) question if you don't mind, what library did you use for the asset packaging? is that terrapak?

Yue(Posted 2016) [#59]
If so, to pack the assets of the game , my dad tells me to use that system. What was done is that each pak the extention is changed ( iso) . data.pak change to data.iso .

The new development version integrates video game the fastpointer library , with which it gets programmed into threads , where their role in the project is to load the game assets in the background , while another thread a simple animation is displayed .

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#60]
New update of development , in this version the guy is back in the truck and most important game assets are loaded in a background thread while in another a simple animation is displayed .

Derron(Posted 2016) [#61]
@ simple animation

Maybe you could have a side view of the forklift with a package on the forks moving from left to right (render a simple sprite out of the 3d view - and use that). This will already add a bit of "welcome" to the player.

And if you are bored of programming, make a little title/splash-screen. Think of a simple name, like "Pallet Race" or "Shaky Skids". This is where Denisse/Dennis (don't know which is the preferred name) could come handy - as she might bring you some ideas on layout/colors (maybe use an ingame scene, blur it and on top of it use the logo + menu).

Anyways: pay attention to make the game useable: the forklift needs to be able to carry pallets. Pallets need to be able to drop if moved too fast and not placed correctly on the forks. The levels need to be able to get restarted - and to get finished or lost.

Then you need a "hud" (elements displaying "time gone" (in these LCD-letter-style?) or things like forks, ahh I mean, lives left).

bye
Ron

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#62]
@Derron

We appreciate the comments, always motivates us to improve . A new image of the charging method .

TomToad(Posted 2016) [#63]
Levitating cones.

You should check if the program looses focus and release the mouse if it does. I ALt-Tabbed out of the program, but my mouse was useless until I completely exited the program.

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#64]
@TomToad

We greatly appreciate your comment and interest in the project, this encourages us a lot. :)

We have given a solution to the cones. The algorithm is updated and each cone has a feature unique sliding block , formerly a single entity collision was for all cones where it is updated when he approached the cone, this entity was a concave body, but now is a unique nature entity for each cone. It's not perfect but we think is best. :)

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#65]

you can always improve :) , the cone system is now created by physical curpos compounds , which give greater realism.

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#66]

New update released. This demo focuses on development correction collision with traffic cones . In addition to an animation loading screen project assets are added.

Download demo first Post.

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#67]
Working on a menu within the game, this is different from the pitcher called start , initially will be very simple leaving a button , a button to start , and when within the game by pressing escape, will the same buttons.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#68]
Like the way it handles. Pretty realistic to me.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#69]
Place some obsticles at the walls - like staples of pallets, or some kind of shelves (the big ones in which you load the pallets with your fork lift).

This will make it look less "boring/naked".

IF you need help with some assets, I think some users here could assist a bit (concrete floor is a bit too much of a "repeating pattern", GUI assets, Title screen, ...).

But of course: first of all the "basic game" should be working.

As I am not really into "BlitzBasic" - is there a possibility to have this done in BlitzMax + 3D engine so it becomes a cross-platform thing?

bye
Ron

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#70]

Hello, we are aware that many things can be improved , my dad is in charge of everything and learning in the process many things for presentation to the teacher, where if we win we will give a bonus to me for clothes and a tablet. We can say that I am very scared because participants are preparing other lego robots and hope this is enough to win.

On the gameplay I have thought have to meet challenges , so I always ask my dad if something is possible or not, and it is very frustrating because I think you can do everything , or at least my dad does not have such knowledge and things they are not as easy as I thought.

About BlitzMax not know, my dad says he has thoroughly experience with the development environment and use BlitzMax auqnue initially thought , both decided better Blitz3D .

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#71]
Main menu.

Menu key escape on game. Stop Game.

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#72]
New update, simple menu on game. Download first post.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#73]
This is a good start, the meshes/textures are well made imo. (even if you can improve them by playing with different smoothing groups)
However i think that your physics bodies should be low details (what you already have done) but also closed, else this may produce some errors...

For info, i have also seen the message that the BlitzBullet key is not valid...

TomToad(Posted 2016) [#74]
Don't know what you changed between v0.4 and v0.6, but now I get some weird shadow-rays from the forklift.

Specs:
HP 15-f100dx laptop.
AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 graphics 2.0 GHz
4 GB ram
Windows 10 Home 64bit

Probably nothing to get too concerned about, integrated graphics tend to be glitchy sometimes, but it worked ok on previous versions.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#75]
I haven't tried the very latest version yet, but the previously I did also get a license error too.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#76]
with stencil shadows, artifacts happen when the casters are not closed meshes (there are gaps and some backfaces are visible) or when on a computer with a low end graphics card (zorder issue), maybe this can help you to determine the cause...

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#77]
@TomToad

My father told me that when he first launched the application , are created in the folder where the executable files with a .mst extension, these files store information about the volumetric shadows, the solution to this problem is to delete these files and at the time of the load will be created again for the proper functioning of the shadows .

Derron(Posted 2016) [#78]
@ Yue

Maybe it is a good idea to "try to delete" these .mst files on start (to avoid that an outdated cache-file is used).

bye
Ron

TomToad(Posted 2016) [#79]
Boss is sure to fire me now.

Deleting the .mst files worked.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#80]
@ Tom
You might have found the settings for a "top down" view of the game (arcade like).

bye
Ron

TomToad(Posted 2016) [#81]
Its funny. Was just trying to knock over as many cones as I could. I guess one or two got under a wheel just right and I went toppling over. :D

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#82]
@TomToad
I'm glad to work now . Toca do something with cones , I will tell my father.

@Derron
Files in my dad are created in the first game and have loads of information for shadows , when the game is loaded for the second time , these files are read and the load should be a little faster .

My dad today it is 24-hour shift at its job and has not made much progress in this respect. I commented that this optimizing the code for readability over time.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#83]
Nice that you seem to "work" with the code too (if I understood correctly - you commented the code).

I know that he surely is using some kind of "caching mechanism" to avoid long loading times. But to avoid using caches of obsolete versions: use some kind of "cachefile.versionnumber.mst". If you change something in the structure, increase the versionnumber. so the first one might have been called "cachefile.1.mst" while the most current one is now "cachefile.1230.mst".

Of course you then have multiple unused files in the directory - but only, if you followed the development and updated very often. The user who only installs the latest one, does not have that unused files then.

Bonus: if you want to clean up your app folder, you would let the app delete all "cachefile.x.mst"-files it finds, which do not correspond to the current cachefile-name (eg. all but "cachefile.1230.mst").

@ cones and falling aside
The fork lift has a mass, the cones a kind of "maximum pressure". So if the cones cannot move, they would get destroyed (or at least "bend" to some degree).

The mass of the fork lift is needed later in the game/simulation too: to allow a nice interaction with piles of pallets (if the car hits the pallets ... it depends on whether the pallet pile is way heavier than the fork lift, or not).

bye
Ron

Yue(Posted 2016) [#84]
Loading Menu

Yue(Posted 2016) [#85]
New asphalt texture

Yue(Posted 2016) [#86]
It is 3:21 am, so while my daughter sleeps I passed something about the project, I had never felt so much commitment to this video games , especially for the school project .

So we have the 0.7 update released, has nothing new itself , I just optimized a few things about it, and from now on I hope to work in the gameplay of the project. So while it's time to deliver the turn , I'll go to drink more coffee and watch tv .

Bye.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#87]
New Demo Update on First post v.0.7a 4:16 AM

It is expected that the cones do not overturn the forklift.

ZZZzzzZZZZ

Derron(Posted 2016) [#88]
In this screenshot of yours:

The walls-texture seems to be not having a perfectly repeatable pattern.

@ new wall texture
Don't know if this is possible but maybe you could have two layers of textures:
- your base texture
- a texture which is mostly "transparent" but on some spots another texture is visible: so this will cover some areas and hides that "visible pattern".

@ pallettes texture
Also here: I do not know OpenB3D and the likes, so excuse if this is not possible: the screenshot of the startmenu exposes some blurred textures: maybe they are a bit too lowres - or they miss "mipmaps" ?

If normal-mapping is possible, add some "details" to the objects (making them looking a bit more "used").
Also the floor would really benefit from being not "flat" but "rough".

But first the gameplay, then the "sugar on top" ;-)

bye
Ron

Matty(Posted 2016) [#89]
This is very good and I hope you do really well in your school project. Well done.

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#90]
:) Solved Texture bug.

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#91]
steering whee :)

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#92]

They are mak tests for the first challenge , where you have to stack a certain amount of pallets in certain amount of time . But pallets are heavy .

As a side note I have to deliver the project on September 20 at school and five days later is the contest , my father and I have conluido we made a very big to hold the vehicle ... but let's leave it .

Derron(Posted 2016) [#93]
Meanwhile I give further suggestions (if Yue wants to take a break from coding, doing some GFX):

- the arrows / signs on the ground could get "damaged" a bit (missing painting here and there ... the forklift often drove over them)

- put a roof on the hall and add some lights (industrial look) - think this will lead to a more interesting overall appearance

- put obstacles in the hall (gas-tanks, big / heavy shelves at the wall

- (advanced) put some "drain"-elements on the ground (they make the forklift "jolt" a bit when driving over such an element)

- use normal maps / bump-maps for ground and walls (and all other elements ;-))

game idea:
- make the pallets have "numbers"
- let the player "sort" the pallets as fast as possible

@ others
Shouldn't this be doable with OpenB3D/MiniB3D and BlitzMax (I mean: shadows and the likes). Maybe Yue could try to convert that later (after the contest) to make it cross-platform-compatible.

bye
Ron

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#94]
@Yue.
I would try:
1-Reduce weight of pallets.
2-You could create some wooden crates using primitive boxes with texture and oildrums, put some physics on them and stack them upon the pallets. This would make the user drive more careful for otherwise they fall off.

If you don't have time to look for models, there are some in Blitz3d already like here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Blitz3D\Media\geometricks_models\wood-crate
and here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Blitz3D\Media\geometricks_models\oil-drum

I'm using win10 64bit so if you are using a 32bit windows you have to change paths to:
C:\Program Files\Blitz3D\Media\geometricks_models\wood-crate
C:\Program Files\Blitz3D\Media\geometricks_models\oil-drum

Denisse(Posted 2016) [#95]

We are working on successfully deploy physical so you can carry things the forklift , scepter mass, mass and other data , this is not a perfect, but it is improving gradually

Yue(Posted 2016) [#96]
New Treadh: ) http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=106727