SPACECOPTER - new Blitz3D game!

Community Forums/Showcase/SPACECOPTER - new Blitz3D game!

2 Unlimited(Posted 2016) [#1]

Featuring:
- Multi way scrolling graphics
- Arcade action...except the coin slot!
- Alien patterns maybe never seen before in a shoot-em-up

INSTRUCTIONS

Each destroyed alien gives a score of 50. Some of them may require more than one hit to be destroyed. At the end of each wave a boss forestalls you and if you destroy "it", 5000 points and an extra life are awarded. Controls are LMB to shoot, RMB to move, P to pause/resume, Esc to quit. You can adjust game speed with the mouse wheel.

DOWNLOAD

Hardcoal(Posted 2016) [#2]
Cool!

2 Unlimited(Posted 2016) [#3]
Released v1.1 which fixes a bug about leftovers from the previous wave. Link in the first post now redirects to this version. Please upgrade dudes!

Chalky(Posted 2016) [#4]
This looks like fun, but runs way too fast on my i7 64bit Win8.1 PC. The helicopter turns smoothly but the rotors start and stop every second. Although bullets seem to render correctly, each alien wave is continously on screen because they move so quickly. Collision detection also doesn't seem to work - no matter how often/hard I fire/try, bullets just pass through each alien/wave.

I will try it on a slower machine tomorrow.

2 Unlimited(Posted 2016) [#5]
Released v1.2 which brings adjustable game speed (see the instructions). When you catch a reverse-rotation effect on "blades", you have fine-tuned for the right game speed, to my mind!