Community Forums/Showcase/Cyclest time waister app

Mainsworthy(Posted 2016) [#1]
Cyclest is a Time-waister app, made to just be a distraction

Main game link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwg1l-y33WTRNWdxLVNhSmhoR2M/view?usp=sharing

screenshot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwg1l-y33WTRTFRvQi12YmpEQWs/view?usp=sharing

Mainsworthy(Posted 2016) [#2]
Adam, don't give me any more art to add, I'm full up with all the back dated stuff I have to do, its great, I just don't want to put you to any trouble, U have learned the blend and colour commands and the display loops to add effects. I'm realy thankfull you took the trouble to work with me, I should say tutored me.

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#3]
it's definitely no trouble. But as you say if there is a backlog...
My only desire was to hopefully show you other possible approaches without being unpleasant or nagging.
Also to give you some friendly advice about programming that would help you :)

One thing to add.
You have a great deal of inventiveness about prospective games and what could be possible. it would be great to work directly with you on some thing ;)

Mainsworthy(Posted 2016) [#4]
Adam I know your probably the best game artest Ive ever come accross, but I would not enjoy working with anyone - I program on a whim and mood, I definatly would not wish to join with others on a project, and I'm sure you can find someone else, I know its a honor to be asked I just don't want to, I'm so sorry.

I do have one idea you may or may not like I have a finished program that I was offered to be published from a big publishing company, I cant say more as ~I signed a NDA. The game at the moment has poor artwork just passable, and game scenarios could be setup.

It does have problems its confined to 800x600 pixels , but stretched to fit screen is just passable, its not possible to change this, the program is hard coded to 800x600 and the chits are only 25x25 pixels also hard coded( the art is more challenging with low def, you can see other game with good art desigh like TacOps by battlefront) the game has 27 boards and 30 unit artwork per board but can have many more copies of chits on one board.

I would be happy to share this project with you? its on gamejolt.com at http://gamejolt.com/profile/gameleaper/1574540/games its called WarTac.

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#5]
ok, no problem ;)
War tac sound like it would fit directly into the warrHand engine very well. I'll (really I will) finish it and then have a look :)

Mainsworthy(Posted 2016) [#6]
just to be clear I refused the publishing contract. and the source code is messy and un-readable , but you could probably pick out functions for use, but its a real mess I don't know how I understood it. I was learning blitz when I programed it and it went through many redo's believe me you will look at it and think how does it work, but I got away with it and it runs, eg I started with the idea of a chit on the screen with no info about the chit, then after working I needed more info so I created another 800x600 invisible screen, then needed more info and I think I did 7 virtual screens it became to late to change, and you will hate the code, but if you can withstand the shock it worked, and you can just about figure it out.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#7]
I somehow doubt that a coder happily takesover "messy and un-readable" code. If you are able to find out what a code is doing, then you surely rewrite it in a way that it follows the coders style/thinking.

Ok, if the function is doing 10 different things and quirks like "fixing" flaws of another function, then it might be more a "reusing a function" and "rewriting it later".

bye
Ron

Mainsworthy(Posted 2016) [#8]
the game is finished appart from spelling mistakes and niggles like that, I was allowing Adam to edit text and put his stamp on it, the game really needs art and game scenario setup and a manual and text docs made properly, I don't mind if adam does not want to, its all I could do jointly with him. the game is in a basic playable form and its had thousands of downloads over the years. the screenshots are on gamejolt have a look, I was also told the A.I, was good.