VPaint

Community Forums/Showcase/VPaint

skidracer(Posted 2016) [#1]
My first Monkey2 project is a high RPM paint program called VPaint.

https://wasted.itch.io/vpaint

Derron(Posted 2016) [#2]
Hope you asked Pennywise (music) before youtube bans the video :-)

Regardless of this: seems to be something to "relax" for some minutes. Like watching kaleidoscopes.

bye
Ron

Wiebo(Posted 2016) [#3]
It's like playing with strings :) Really cool.

Zethrax(Posted 2016) [#4]
Looks cool. It'd make a good music visualizer, or a phone app to keep kids/cats amused, etc.

col(Posted 2016) [#5]
Heh,
That's cool.

Although it reminds me of my washing machine on full spin :D kidding.

skidracer(Posted 2016) [#6]

Hope you asked Pennywise (music) before youtube bans the video :-)

It has now been flagged. I am hoping an ad appears so as a fan I can contribute to their album sales.

Second video is a live stream to youtube from mac running OBS app.

Framerate suffers and no audio this time (I hope) so still room for improvement but I think as a therapeutic tool VPaint is showing some potential.

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2016) [#7]
What's that noise. Is it music?

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#8]
spirograph

Derron(Posted 2016) [#9]
yes, it absolutely looks like spirograph - or the earlier "visualizers" (when "WinAMP" was the cool thing - you know, kicks the llama's ass :-)).

@ Skid
(BTW when did you re-rename your nick? :-))

Did you play with "textures" or sprites? I mean: instead of blank colors, you draw sprites (eg. rotation aligned to the normals).

Another option would be to vary the thickness of lines depending on spin-speed (like "ink" running out when you keep the pen placed at one spot).

What might be cool too is (when writing about "ink"): if you draw the lines, and spin faster, it should have some drippings spit outwards.
Things start to "dry" later. So "smoodging/smearing" happens meanwhile.

Think this could add some variance and "replay-ability".

bye
Ron

skidracer(Posted 2016) [#10]

(BTW when did you re-rename your nick? :-))

A while ago I was using google to search bb.com and realised it was a bad thing to use multiple names for same contributor.

That and I am playing a lot of Skidmarks again (aka player0).

skidracer(Posted 2017) [#11]
Bump (added itch link at top).

Grisu(Posted 2017) [#12]
Great stuff.

Can this be done realtime in a small gui window (272x85)?
Do you have to constantly turn the background image to create the effect or can it also be precalculated?
I'd like to add such an effect as bmx spectrum analyser where the circles would "pulse" within a small range (0=low - 15=high).

Blitzplotter(Posted 2017) [#13]
That and I am playing a lot of Skidmarks again (aka player0).

Awesome work ;) How about a race in 20 mins? (0700 GMT) [EDIT] Ooops, its 7:35 already, the joy of coding - time just slips away......

Does it do multiplayer across tinternet yet ?