BLL v4.11

Community Forums/Showcase/BLL v4.11

MOBii(Posted 2016) [#1]

Info: BLL is a text editor simulator, it's all about pressing as many keys as possible
Name: Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code Local Lua
What it do: Build Stand Alone Windows Executable

Be Aware: I can't spell!
My wife promised to check my spelling, but compare to me she has a life so her time is limited!

I come to a point in the development where the BLL for me is v1.00. But because I can't write/spell I like to try spell check before I make BLL public!

If someone know a site where I can distribute BLL, let me know
Talking/marketing is as good as my spelling!

I don't even know if BLL is running on a clean computer, without TDM MinGW 64bit 5.1.0-2? I don't have a extra computer to test!

Someday I am going to clean the code.
I'm going to release BLL as free software under the terms of the GNU General Public License
So, if someone like fork the code or include OpenGL or wxCTB, show me your interest!

I'm going to concentrate on communication and managing data, not because people want it, because I think it's magical.

BLL HOME

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#2]
Hi, it looks interesting but I don't really understand what "BLL is a text editor simulator" means.

Is it some kind of Lua IDE for making standalone exes?

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#3]
It looks like a Lua Frontend for BMX, exposing as much as basic BMX functionality. At least that's what I'm looking at based on the homepage and details..

MOBii(Posted 2016) [#4]
Code entered into the IDE is interpreted on demand within the IDE
the IDE is built into the interpreter, that handle simple, Error Handling

It try simulate to be a Stand Alone Windows Executable, but still it's just a .bll script

When you [F7] Build Stand Alone BLL.exe Project
It put together all the files and configuration to run the .bll script with the "bin\BLL.exe" that is put together with your icon and file description, then it compress and rename the .exe to your "filename.exe"
For the naked eye it look like a normal Windows Executable but it's Not, it's just the .bll script running with (in clear text) a special made "EDii.exe"
I can run all the sample files on a Atom X5-Z8300 tablet, so even on a slow machine the Lua script can handle the wxApplication quite OK

BLL can never be better than BlitzMax, but if I try say something positive, I say: the BLL/Lua code is minimalist and hopefully easy to write
The problem I am facing is: I can't make it modular (very bad), the only solution I can think of today is to include all the functionality that I want into the "bin\BLL.exe"

I still have a few wxWidgets that I like to include, the wxMax is a loaded treasure chest!

That it's a "text editor simulator", is more a joke from my side trying to describe why the world need yet another text editor!?!

MOBii(Posted 2016) [#5]
Some Youtube HOWTO:s
BLL 1, Get started with the BLL Editor

BLL 2, the Editor part II

BLL 3, system events

MOBii(Posted 2016) [#6]
16 June, 2016 Day 218, v1.76d Alpha 6, Major Update:
All wxWidget object is now deletable!

New Error message that only show when in debug mode and when still in SYS.OnCreate():
It show the Error message if you trying to create a new function with and already registered id!

New Function: filectrl

02 June, 2016 Day 216, v1.16a Alpha 5:
New Functions: gauge (wxGauge), radiobox (wxRadioBox) and radiobutton (wxRadioButton)

RustyKristi could explain BLL in one sentence, so I had to do better myself:
”BLL is a minimalist portable Lua programming environment that using wxWidgets”

My intention was not to make BlitzMax user start write BLL code
That would be like trying to make a religious person convert to another religion!
I still recommend BlitzMax any day, especially now when BlitzMax is Open Source, but that is another discussion!

My hope was/is if someone could give me some direction where I could put/show BLL for what it is, a minimalist portable Lua programming environment!
When I feel that BLL is more ready to be shown!

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#7]
MOBii,

Understood, but yes that's the way we can look at it. You goal is to make use of LUA with WxWidgets through your BLL tool where you can easily do it here with BMX (once you build that ~500 wx.mod lol)

I would suggest posting it in LUA forums where it is more related.

I'm fairly new here anyway so I don't know if this forum has a lot of LUA users, so that's just my opinion. :)

MOBii(Posted 2016) [#8]
I don't think I can convert any coder, not even a Lua coder to start scripting BLL!

As you say, you need to invest time into make your BlitzMax environmental working, probably any programming environment that is little advance.
I use weeks to setup my BlitzMax environment and I couldn't have done it without all the Community help!
I panicking every time my BlitzMax environment stop working!

Even with a minimalist programming environment like BLL, it still take some hour to Master!

People don't want to spend time on a unknown programming environment, not even if you only need to download and unrar the project!
So I am aiming on people that want a basic text editor (for free), and maybe they get curious and test start make some script.
I don't think you can be a hard core BLL coder! You get a application in your head. It take only some hour to finish your application,
When you are Done, you are Happy and go on with your Life!

It look like that I can't publish just the Application on:
SourceForge, GitHub and Bitbucket
To publish there I need to have the code cleaned and ready!

For game you can use:
http://www.indiedb.com/

So I start search and actually found:
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/publish

I am going look closer at developer.microsoft.com but I am doubtful thou

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#9]
It look like that I can't publish just the Application on:
SourceForge, GitHub and Bitbucket
To publish there I need to have the code cleaned and ready!

Nice. I think you can, Github/Bitbucket is not that strict with these issues and you can tag them and package for release.

I'm not sure about SourceForge though, that's now a malware site.

MOBii(Posted 2016) [#10]
I accidentally make a double post so I add some BLL bla bla:
BLL 4, Show the BLL samples scripts:

BLL 5, Show the calc.bll script in detail:

MOBii(Posted 2016) [#11]
I feel that I need to thank Brucey, he is the second official person that say something positive what I done, ever!
So I realize again that my expectation is too high!

Howto get BLL out:
The conclusion of my research is that I need to contact admin for facebook groups or YouTube reviewers and try let them talk about my editor, because I can't do that!
If I talk BLL, I sound like religious nut-job and people only want to go away!

So I am going to look for groups on facebook/Google+ to see if I can get someone that can promote BLL for me there!
If someone have a group that would be good for BLL please let me know!

Finally some BLL updates:
objectctrl, one function to rule them all
objectctrl control all the function that Extends wxWindow

the Pro: I don't need to add this functionality to every wxWindow object it's already there
the Con: the code can get less informative

Auto complete v2.0

You can create your own Auto complete index list with function and "subattributes",
more info in this YouTube, BLL 6, the Auto Complete, do more with your editor:

With the indexing and the Auto Complete users can use BLL as an text editor, they don't need to make windows applications to enjoy the program.
the Basic BLL version is only 4,717Kb and it's BlitzMax fast..

More Info: BLL HOME

MOBii(Posted 2016) [#12]
BLL v3.01a is uploaded: BLL Download Page

News in v3:
a group chat script that use a BLHTML server to host the chat data and use the BLHTML user information
BLL Commander (BC) script been ungraded to also become a ftp client
Script can upload/download your project files to the ftp server automatically

New function listctrl

It been more than 100 days since last update so many bugs been fixed (actually all known bugs been fixed)

I come so far that I feel that I can start showing BLL to the public after 1 year of development..

BC.bll v2.0 BLL file Commander + ftp client

BLL made in BlitzMax

MOBii(Posted 2017) [#13]
BLL is more or less DONE even if I can always add some extra functions when Brucey's library is almost endlessly
and as a final touch I add some simple OpenGL functionality to try make BLL more eye catching

But when I add OpenGL to BLL it changes the script from being passive event calling to very active.
and the function that set the Lua table variables is leaking memory allot!

This is my ask for help post: Memory leak when set a table.var to Lua
So if anyone think that they can fix my memory leak and or fix why wxWidget leak memory when Destroy and Free the wxWindow objects
I create a temporary mail: blhtml.bll@... so if you think you can help me please mail your offer how much, to help me fix those memory leaks
Thanks in advance /Martin

BLL 7, Install and the first step with BLL

BLL 8, BLL v4.1 2017
I made a summary TouTube on what BLL is today

I want to say thanks Brucey for make it possible with all your library's/mods to make BLL
I manage to make my dream text editor, and that itself is not bad

BlitzSupport(Posted 2017) [#14]
Impressive work!

gpete(Posted 2017) [#15]
Nice! Even I can get it to work! Are you Danish? I ran the gradient script and it reminded me of how to count in Danish..funny how you can buy many books on programming LUA- (wish we had more books on Blitzmax-B3D-Monkey)

xlsior(Posted 2017) [#16]
Nice! Even I can get it to work! Are you Danish?

I'd assume Swedish, his website is http://blhtml.se/

RustyKristi(Posted 2017) [#17]
Editor is looking good! I like the autocomplete feature. keep it up man.

MOBii(Posted 2017) [#18]
To have people like you guys, that I consider amazing
say something that warm my heart
If I am unable to execute the next step, I am still going to treasure your comments
Thank you guys