Lunar Escape 2600 - Vote! for me on Greenlight

Community Forums/Showcase/Lunar Escape 2600 - Vote! for me on Greenlight

coffeedotbean(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hi All

I posted my Lunar Escape game on Green-light, would appreciate the votes to get the ball rolling.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=634733988

Thanks all

Naughty Alien(Posted 2016) [#2]
..voted..

xlsior(Posted 2016) [#3]
Nice, good luck!

(Btw, you may want a spell/grammar check, especially since it's the first/only text you actually see in your trailer: "The ship IS low on fuel" instead of "The ships low on fuel")

coffeedotbean(Posted 2016) [#4]
@Xlsior - I'll make that a steam exclusive feature =), I never know when to use 's or is

Derron(Posted 2016) [#5]
apostrophes are "truncators" or "left something out".

Exceptions are names. So "Harry's club" means "the club is owned by harry". When used with personal pronouns, you are using the genitive-s: "he's hungry" (he _i_s hungry). Other things like short forms ("I'd rather.." - I would/had rather) also use the apostrophe.

In your case ("the ships low on fuel") is using the plural form of "ship" 8so there is an "are" missing, and you are talking about multiple ships, each of them are low on fuel.

Dunno if this still matters: when learning English (somewhen in the last century) we got told to use the "long form" in written sentences - as a matter of style.

So in written dialogues we were tought to use "I would like to see" instead of "I'd like to see", "I cannot" instead of "I can't" ...

Maybe this would help you to overcome the issue with 's and is you wrote you have.

@Greenlight
Won't register on steam for this game. As comments on that page are already asking: either you want a greenlight for a free game, or you really want to sell it...
... I personally would not spend money on it, too retro for my taste (still having an Atari 2600 buried below other things :-))

bye
Ron

Matty(Posted 2016) [#6]
That's funny. An English lesson by a German to a native English speaker. :-) Well done.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2016) [#7]
@Derron - When I posted it on greenlight it was not clear how I could flag it as a "free to play" game, after some negative comments I looked more into it and for some bizarre reason there is a "free to play" tick box under "genre" along side the erm... genre selection? I didn't think "free to play" was a genre so I didn't look there.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#8]
Also I would not like to see my game as "free to play" - which is not "freeware". It sounds as if you have "inapp-purchases".

Glad you do not think of selling it

@Matty
Ooops, did not see that - wrong assumptions. Hope nobody minds.

bye
Ron

Doggie(Posted 2016) [#9]
Voted

okee(Posted 2016) [#10]
Nice game, gets hard quick though
Is this original ?

coffeedotbean(Posted 2016) [#11]
@okee - I honestly thinks its not hard enough, but you do need to go through each screen twice so i guess that adds some extra. Yes it's original, though I did rip off the running man sprite from colec vision.

steve_ancell(Posted 2016) [#12]
Voted

coffeedotbean(Posted 2016) [#13]
Sadly after 30 days it looks like Lunar Escape wont make to GreenLight being only 34% of the way there after peeking at 38% last week. (I assume it needs to get into the top 100 to make it)

Still all not lost, it was a learning experience.... Biggest mistake being initially posting the game as a pay4 instead of a Free2Play as it was not clear how to flag a game as Free2Play, probably picked up a good number of No votes cus of that. And maybe flooding Greenlight with Free2play games is not a good idea as there's is enough shoe simulators and unity asset flips on there as it is.

Game is still on itch.io if you want to play it https://supertino.itch.io/ Thanks for all those that voted. Here's till next time.

SidAntic(Posted 2016) [#14]
I voted for you on Steam :=)

GOOD LUCK !!!