Greenlight - Avalon Legends Solitaire 2

Community Forums/Showcase/Greenlight - Avalon Legends Solitaire 2

anawiki(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hi
We're trying to push Avalon Legends Solitaire 2 through Steam Greenlight. Your help in this regard would be appreciated.

The game was made in BlitzMax and released on PC and Mac with quite a success, winning Best Card Game of 2015 award at Big Fish Games. The game was also ported to iOS, Android and Flash using Monkey.

Vote YES if you can.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485531151

BTW. We're pushing on Arizona Rose and the Pirates' Riddles, our other games:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=609004977

Avalon Legends Solitaire 2 teaser:

cheers
Roman

Why0Why(Posted 2016) [#2]
I voted for both, good luck! Really like the look of Avalon 2.

therevills(Posted 2016) [#3]
Great games! Good luck, Roman! Voted!

BlitzMan(Posted 2016) [#4]
I see a lot of guys making card games.Is that the people`s, fetish at the moment.

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#5]
I see a lot of guys making card games.Is that the people`s, fetish at the moment.

Perhaps it's a decent source of income?

Pingus(Posted 2016) [#6]
Voted. ALS2 is quite a good game, I enjoyed the HD art and polished fxs.
Solitaire's games are not especially fetish nowadays, they are just popular casual games like M3 and time managements (which are more popular).
Hidden object games are also very popular but out of reach for small indies as they require to have a full time big art team.
Casual players do NOT want to learn and discover new game mechanisms or struggle with hard game play so it limits the number of genre casual devellopers can invest in.
But if you try to check further thoses games, you will notice that most of them are trying to add a little something unique. That's were the dev creativity is challenged, add something new... but not too new... but enough new to make (maybe) a difference.

anawiki(Posted 2016) [#7]
Thank you for your votes.

What Pingus says is correct. Indies can really shine when it comes to game genres like solitaire, while Hidden Objects or something more complex like 3D is usually out of reach. And casual players like casual games. When you look at our portfolio we do match-3, nonograms, solitaires and once we made RPG game for little girls (Pony World) ;-)

Then, I watch the market closely I don't see that many solitaires coming out, at least not the ones that stay in my mind for longer than looking at the screenshot.

juankprada(Posted 2016) [#8]
what an amazing game I didn't know existed at all.

Will vote for it and will buy it.

BTW did you do all the graphics yourself? or hired someone. If you hired someone, would you mind sharing their contact info?

coffeedotbean(Posted 2016) [#9]
Voted!

If a masturbation simulator can get through greenlight this should fly through https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=576939902

Steve Elliott(Posted 2016) [#10]
Voted. Lovely graphics.

anawiki(Posted 2016) [#11]
Thanks! I hired skilled people to do the art. Even if I could draw that good it would be too much for one man to do it all. Check out credits for some info.

Unfortunately, Avalon doesn't have boobs or masturbation included which means we struggle for votes in GL.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#12]
Maybe you need a good looking "fair maiden" (showing some nice cleavage - not too much to disturb the female players, but ...yeahh, think you know why).

bye
Ron

Why0Why(Posted 2016) [#13]
Hey Roman, if I buy it straight from your site, will you give me a steam key when you make it on steam?

SLotman(Posted 2016) [#14]
Voted YES - hope you get in :)

Grisu(Posted 2016) [#15]
You got my vote!
The green dragon card rocks. ;)

anawiki(Posted 2016) [#16]
Thanks for the votes.

@Why0Why: Sure, no problem.