How complicated to upload a Monkey game to the web

Community Forums/Showcase/How complicated to upload a Monkey game to the web

Blitzplotter(Posted 2016) [#1]
Well, I think I've established that it is really VERY straight forward to achieve this. Have been cutting my teeth in Monkey, parsing 3 different GPS files and replaying the paths within a browser.

I navigated into my release html5 folder, uploaded it to the web, and it just works ;) (On my PC anyhow)

I would be interested in feedback as to whether the red, blue and green squares (not squares any more....) at the following web page all move around independently within your browser, cheers.

http://gpsrunner.co.uk/MonkeyGame.html

[EDIT] minor modification to the demo, don't be too shocked at not seeing the red, blue and green 'squares' as in the image below ;)

A screengrab of the app (okay, its still pretty rudimentary, the squares being placeholders, moving about in a browser)....

Mainsworthy(Posted 2016) [#2]
works fine, the 3 squares move up and some down,

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#3]
You may also not want to post your raw GPS files onto the internet?

Derron(Posted 2016) [#4]

There was a time, with people tagging their photos with GPS coordinates too... "ohh criminals will visit your house when not at home".

Seriously:
3 squares seem to move around ... so assumingly it works as intended.

bye
Ron

Blitzplotter(Posted 2016) [#5]

Yeah, thanks for the feedback - it is appreciated - really didn't anticipate it being as 'simple' as it was to upload a Monkey HTML5 game to the Web - Happy Dayz ;)

keyboard(Posted 2016) [#6]
working in firefox 31

Blitzplotter(Posted 2016) [#7]
Thanks keyboard ;)

Matty(Posted 2016) [#8]
Something that will crop up with more complex projects is how to handle significant numbers/sizes of resource loading...giving the user feedback on tbe load state is important.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#9]
Publishing with Monkey should be straightforward right? btw, works great on chrome

Blitzplotter(Posted 2016) [#10]
@RustyKrisiti, thanks for the feedback - have been delving around in the somewhat more murky code in my B3D version of the parser - only because of the Leonardo Da Vinci aprroach to my coding back then. Yep - publishing with Monkey couldn't be more straight forward, as you'd expect!

My monkey code is somewhat 'cleaner' and not quite a battle to understand as my Blitz 3D monster piece of coding ;)

[EDIT] have used some images instead of 'squares' now, and started down the path to implementing some life force decrementing functionality dependent upon BPM.