2D Tank Game - TankSparks - Blitzplus

Community Forums/Showcase/2D Tank Game - TankSparks - Blitzplus

Dan60(Posted 2015) [#1]
Tank Sparks is an intense, action-packed, tank combat game.

Up to 32 tanks duke it out with missiles and rapid-fire machine guns. Because Tank Sparks has six unique artificial intelligence personalities, computer-controlled tanks are worthy opponents.

Ok. Game isn't completely finished.... but let me know what you think.
Some levels may appear impossible or extremely hard. I can complete all of them except for a few, which maybe impossible. You can create your own levels also.

One neat feature is you can create your own tanks in your favorite paint program and then put it in the tank directory with a corresponding text file with same name for tank parameters...... you will then be able to use it in levels you create.

Features

ultra smooth control
bullets
heat seeking missiles
mines
smart AI
design your own levels/missions
design your own tanks
design your own walls
edit tank parameters

Written in Blitzplus
System Requirements
Minimum Screen 1024 x 800
Windows XP to Windows 10
Linux under WineHQ

Web Site: www.TankSparks.com

Matty(Posted 2015) [#2]
Any screenshots?

coffeedotbean(Posted 2015) [#3]
You need to sell your game with unrepresentative screen shots, grotesque pre-order bonuses that lock players out of content unless they pay for it and don't forget the season pass. Wait no that's AAA games.

Seriously though throw us a screenshot to get us interested.

Brucey(Posted 2015) [#4]
If y'all could be arsed to go to his site, there are images there :-p

Dan60(Posted 2015) [#5]
Player is controlling blue tank

markcw(Posted 2015) [#6]
I would like to say, brilliant work. Unfortunately your graphics suck. Keep up the good work though.

Dan60(Posted 2016) [#7]
The graphics might suck, but you can draw your own tanks and walls and put them in the tank and wall directory and build levels with them. Just draw tank any size with cannon pointing up in your favorite paint program with black background save file with any name you like as .png, that's it no programming involved. You can add as many tanks as you want. You can also edit tank parameters for each tank such as armor, shot frequency, missiles, speed with notepad. Every tankxyz.png file has an associated text file of the same name tankxyz.txt parameter file
You can pretty much build your own tank game.

Web Site: www.TankSparks.com

Blitzplotter(Posted 2016) [#8]
I don't think the gfx suck at all! Compared to the 2d tanks on my Atari VCS they are awesome. I'd an aspiration to have a go at something of this ilk, good work.