Project

Community Forums/Showcase/Project

stayne(Posted 2015) [#1]
Not much for screenshots but I have been at this for a long time. Unnamed project.

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#2]
Cool man, what the gameplay/possibilities are supposed to be ?

stayne(Posted 2015) [#3]
Very similar to Everquest/Dark Age of Camelot. Those have always been my favorite gameplay mechanics. More or less an exercise to see if I can actually pull it off. So far so good. It's single player - I have no business trying anything multiplayer.

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#4]
I bet that the orange particles are from the sample with luminous flies ? (not a critic, i just remember them)

Ploppy(Posted 2015) [#5]
Hello Stayne, was this written with B3d or Max? Looks really good...

Grisu(Posted 2015) [#6]
Don't see any screenshots? :(

Xilvan(Posted 2015) [#7]
Very good RPG.

Good luck !

stayne(Posted 2015) [#8]
Ploppy: b3d
RemiD: devil particle system
Grisu: sorry I can see it...and seems the others can too. I think I used imgur for storing that shot, it's probably blocked by your job's IT/ISP

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#9]
Looks interesting, but can be deceiving ;-) (joking) but: no vids?

stayne(Posted 2015) [#10]
I wish! I only have internet access via capped mifi. No video uploading or I'll be eating Ramen.

videz(Posted 2015) [#11]
nice. I assume the shadow system is also devil?

stayne(Posted 2015) [#12]
Nope, Fastext. Had to downpatch my compiler to 1.106 for that one. Seems stable enough.

Been messing with merchant inventory today not easy. I'm getting to a point now where I have to start the tedious stuff. Tough stuff on my own.

videz(Posted 2015) [#13]
Been messing with merchant inventory today not easy. I'm getting to a point now where I have to start the tedious stuff. Tough stuff on my own.

well that's the real test when you are really into this thing, or just having fantasy on creating your version of an epic game that you want to get off your head.

Otherwise, if you're just having technical difficulties then I guess you need more help. Gamedev is a good place to look for team members.

stayne(Posted 2015) [#14]
I'm not complaining, just saying that once you get to the mundane stuff it's a bit harder to stay at it. It's almost like paperwork. I'll work through it. I had my share of Gamedev back in the MMO craze days. Pass. lol.

stayne(Posted 2015) [#15]

videz(Posted 2015) [#16]
eh you already posted a screenshot with a spider in front, at least some other views like the houses over there.

stayne(Posted 2015) [#17]
Made a short video. Poor quality as I am close to my monthly mifi data cap. So...here it is in all its buggy glory.

http://youtu.be/2WYrjjjstF0

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#18]
Nice one. Thanks for the show, fun to watch.